Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night Glasses with a beard  (Read 4749 times)

yanks178

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Citrus
Night Glasses with a beard
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »

I ride a 10 UC so I don't get a lot of wind but I still ride with clear glasses at night.  The problem is my beard is about 8 inches long and blows up onto the glasses causing a haze on the lens.  I've tried several kinds but have been unsuccessful in finding something that doesn't blind me when cars are approaching!

Slick1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Night Glasses with a beard
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »

I have the same problem you have to braid or tie your beard up. It's a pain to do but it beats cutting it.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:30:44 AM »

try yellow lenses or even pink to brighten the view & reduce oncoming headlight glare. as otr driver alot of drivers have used this technique for years. ever seen purple lights in upper part of windshield on some big trucks?
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »

Its the natural oils in the hair that are depositing on your len's when blowing up and contacting your glasses, causeing ineffect a oil coating. I have the same issue. Eather braid or tie it. or depending on your state laws a facewrap,"Bandana" will keep to down.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »

:nixweiss:
Don't know if this would work to solve the (beard related) problems,  but here is a post that talks about a solution for (wind buffeting).

Re: SOLVED THE WIND BUFFETING ISSUE!!! Very excited!!

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:58:52 AM »

ReplyQuote

Pictures, pictures!!

WOW!! That is literally the fastest reply I have ever received from the patent office on a filing. Usually it takes at least a month or more but I got a live response in one week! Sweet. The lawyer looking at the file must be a biker, lol.

By the way, if any of you have an idea for a product that you want to move forward on and need a bit of advice on what steps to take to do so in bringing that product to market, always feel free to ask and I will help where I can. I am new to this forum but I would like to be a productive member and offer some free advice. The lawyers will cost you big bucks if you come in from the bottom and I can definitely help you in that area. I have developed quite a few products with a pretty broad range of applications from simple items like these here air diffusers to more technical stuff like my KINDERMA skin care products (my full time gig) as well as a very interesting GPS application technology that someday soon you all will be using  .

Well, here is a picture of my creation. I have a good name for them but I am waiting for the trademark response. How these work is, one of The PRIMARY sources of wind coming up and blasting your helmet on any bike with a feet forward sitting layout is from the forward angle of your legs. Look at the angle of your chin with your feet on the pegs and you will see a straight shot aiming right at your head for air to flow. When you are at low speed it`s usually a more subtle flow. But when you get up to around 50-55mph it becomes much more noticeable. When you get to up over 60-65mph the rhythmic vortexes between the wind over the shield and that wind coming off your angled up legs (and a little from the air splitting off your tank coming from between your fork tubes) can make the ride completely unbearable at times. Cutting or angling your windshield will not solve this. I tried. You can add those lowers to the bike but personally, I do not like the look at all. These deflectors force the wind down and out and almost completely stop the brain bucket buffeting that made my ride so grueling. And because of the proximity to the engine it actually provides a little more cooling air flow to the engine area. Pretty "cool". (Haha)

These things really work!! What was a real shock was the comments I got from guys that tested them for me with an Ultra with lowers, a Street Glide, and a Fat Boy with NO wind shield!! The guy on the Ultra said they must be catching the air coming through that small space between the faring and the lowers because he said he could probably light a Bic light back there now, lol. (????) The Street Glide guy noticed a serious drop in wind flutter behind the faring and the guy on the Fat Boy said they stopped what he called "wind wobble" which in his description was that he felt more of the straight line wind and not the blasting upward wind that kinda of wobbles you back and forth at times. Never expected that but if it helps even without a windshield, well, that makes me even MORE excited!! Now it`s a matter of people thinking that they might look odd. But, I made them out of black leather and personally I don`t think they look odd at all. But I just might be a little biased.....just a little, lol.

What`s your opinion? Seriously. Let me have it! I don`t get offended because when you are creating something, it`s usually those that cannot take constructive criticism that fail. Iif you are making something that others would buy, it`s their opinion that counts. They are the ones buying it!!!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:46:46 AM by moscooter »

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »

try yellow lenses or even pink to brighten the view & reduce oncoming headlight glare. as otr driver alot of drivers have used this technique for years. ever seen purple lights in upper part of windshield on some big trucks?
Any color tint reduces the amount of light that passes through the lens.  Your best option is clear.

Link
The best you've had is the best you know.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »

They say the 2014's with the new fairing vent supposedly takes care of the flyup beard :nixweiss: But then those leg thingies are a lot cheaper than a new bike.

CannonBall

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »

or depending on your state laws a facewrap,"Bandana" will keep to down.

Thread revival... Can anyone expand on this?? A law against a bandana on ur face?

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »

Thread revival... Can anyone expand on this?? A law against a bandana on ur face?
Some States have laws that refer to the attempt to hide ones identity. a face wrap can be seen as that, Unless it is to protect the rider. such as in the winter months. Its one of those gray area laws, up to the officer I believe. I haven't heard of anyone in Va being fined for it. But like Halloween it is or was illegal for a person over 16 to wear a mask that covers there face in public.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 10:31:12 AM »

band it  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.