Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smoked windshield replacement?  (Read 2964 times)

lnadler

Smoked windshield replacement?
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

Have a "new" 2014 CVO softail deluxe and would like to switch to a different windshield. I don't like looking thru the clear stock windshield. Of course the replacement needs to fit the bolt pattern, since the GPS mounts to the windshield. The parts guy at the Harley dealer didn't think they have a lower height smoked replacement for the CVO. Probably need an 18".
Does anyone know if the windshield could be replaced? Thanks!

lnadler

Windshield replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »

Haven't received any replies on the CVO softail section and thought I would try the "general discussion" section. Have a 2014 CVO softail deluxe with windshield mounted gps. Would like to switch to a lower smoked windshield. The Harley dealer didn't think they make other windshields for it. Does anyone know if there is a replacement that will fit the mounting pattern ?
Thanks.

chadstang68

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Smoked windshield replacement?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »

Try kustombaggers.com, I believe they will have what u are looking for. If can't find it on the website contact them and ask for Brian, the owner and really awesome guy, if anyway possible he will help you.

Sixgunjr

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »

Freedom shields has my windshield and they are  currently working on a new windshield for the CVO deluxe . Give him a call to see how much longer it will be...

Sixgunjr

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:56:57 PM »

Just talked to John at freedom shields, says end of August.  :orange:

Helen Wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

I ordered the Memphis Shades OEM replacement for the regular Softail Deluxe. It doesn't have the four little holes that anchor the GPS mount, but otherwise is the same hole pattern as the CVO's. I drilled the four holes needed and it fits fine.

I used the Memphis Shades "solar" 15 inch replacement plastic part 2310-0439, ordered from Dennis Kirk. It's close to the light smoke original.
I used the original windshield as a template to mark where to drill the holes in the new plastic.
I practiced drilling holes in an old windshield until I felt good about that. Just be slow and careful.
Taking apart the original windshield frame and putting it back together was the hard part; there was a ton of blue loctite in there, and a lot of things have to line up. I crossthreaded one of the bolts that goes through the windshield into the windshield frame, but I was able to clean that up. It looks great, and very short -- my 5'6'' wife can see over the top of it.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »

Hey all

I posted up in the buying section that I am looking to get an entire assembly from a 14+ CVO Deluxe. Saw this thread and was wondering (hoping) that the CVO Deluxe uses the same u-frame design just without the 4 holes for the Nav.

Reading above it appears as though this is correct but can someone confirm?
If you have an entire assembly you want to part with reply to my post in Buying please

TIF2
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.