Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Good deal or not so good?  (Read 9999 times)

Preflight

Re: Good deal or not so good?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2009, 11:52:04 AM »

I couldn't keep you guys hanging, but the bottom dropped out of this deal.
Ya the old saying stands true. If it’s too good to be true, it’s likely not true!
Apparently there was a BIG misunderstanding. When they said my bike (trade-in) and 9K they actually meant my bike trade-in, 9k down payment and than finance the balance of 9K. Just a little off wouldn’t you say.
Basically they were going to give me 14K on my trade-in and they wanted another 18k for the CVO S/G for a total of 32k less tax, license, 380 for shipping and 1700 for the b/s set up fee. All said and done it would have been around 34K. When I told them no deal they offered me 16 for my trade-in but by than I had lost interest.
Bottom line is my Stealership is no different than most of the others out there. To add another slight twist, they had a Spice Rum returned with 1000 miles on it. They said they would sell me that one for 31k. I told them I wouldn’t give them more than 29k but I still wasn’t interested. So now they will soon have 2 Spice Rum CVO S/G’s at a time when they have had one of the worse months in years.
I’ve decided to put my own personal touches to my 09 S/G and feel satisfied knowing I own it outright.
To guys have a great site going here, I’ll miss feeling involved, but most likely will lurk around once in a while to keep informed.
Thanks for being so kind.               

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:30 AM »

Man that sucks. :( >:(

No need to just lurk... we can help you spend money on your '09 SG just as easy as a CVO. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

04se103

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »

Bummer  >:( But you dont have to lurk let us help you spend money on your 09 SG   :)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

I’ve decided to put my own personal touches to my 09 S/G and feel satisfied knowing I own it outright.
To guys have a great site going here, I’ll miss feeling involved, but most likely will lurk around once in a while to keep informed.
Thanks for being so kind.               

Maybe this thread will help make you feel more at home here..........   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32927.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Preflight

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »

We do indeed think alike!
Needless to say I was a bit bummed out when I found out there was a misunderstanding. So what does any reasonable guy obsessed with motorcycles do? I left work early, and went straight to my local custom Harley Shop. I ordered 4 cat eye flush mount Radiantz LED lights, a Badlands Load Equalizer run/turn unit and a Kuryakyn curved license plate holder with LED light. I’m having the lights flush mounted in the bags, two in each side. The rear fender is coming off, stop light removed, hole welded closed, and repainted. The bags will be repainted over the lights for the invisible look when the ignition is off. They are also painting my inner faring. After plunking down $ 640.00 buck for parts I felt much better. When the parts come in, the bike is going in the shop to get parts removed for the makeover.
Had I spent this much cash for anything else, that in and of itself would have been depressing. Funny how I felt so much better spending it on my bike.
Wheels are on the wish list and I’m thinking about the same ones that come on the CVO S/G. Some pin-stripping and chrome hand controls should round thing off for a while. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »

Alright......we feel better now, too!  Especially since it was your money that got spent. :huepfenlol2:

You know when it's all done, the standard rule of thumb.......   :worthless:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Preflight

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

Alright......we feel better now, too!  Especially since it was your money that got spent. :huepfenlol2:

You know when it's all done, the standard rule of thumb.......   :worthless:
Yes, it's the least I could do!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »

You have to think of it as them doing you a favor.
They saved you 9K.

You would have stood to lose 9K on the next bike after a year.

and you would have given them 14K for your bike if you had the chance.

So you can afford to put 9K in your bike and only have 23K in it as opposed to 32K and just starting to add things.

You are better off.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »

We do indeed think alike!
Needless to say I was a bit bummed out when I found out there was a misunderstanding. So what does any reasonable guy obsessed with motorcycles do? I left work early, and went straight to my local custom Harley Shop. I ordered 4 cat eye flush mount Radiantz LED lights, a Badlands Load Equalizer run/turn unit and a Kuryakyn curved license plate holder with LED light. I’m having the lights flush mounted in the bags, two in each side. The rear fender is coming off, stop light removed, hole welded closed, and repainted. The bags will be repainted over the lights for the invisible look when the ignition is off. They are also painting my inner faring. After plunking down $ 640.00 buck for parts I felt much better. When the parts come in, the bike is going in the shop to get parts removed for the makeover.
Had I spent this much cash for anything else, that in and of itself would have been depressing. Funny how I felt so much better spending it on my bike.
Wheels are on the wish list and I’m thinking about the same ones that come on the CVO S/G. Some pin-stripping and chrome hand controls should round thing off for a while. 

but I hope you still used this situation to your advantage at home.... make sure to tell the wife something to the effect that after much thought you decided to spend some money on her instead... and that you wold wait till next year or the year after....  that way in a year or two when you get one... and you know you will.... it is calling your name.... you already conditioned her that you will be bringing one home....

Preflight

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2009, 02:42:01 PM »

but I hope you still used this situation to your advantage at home.... make sure to tell the wife something to the effect that after much thought you decided to spend some money on her instead... and that you wold wait till next year or the year after....  that way in a year or two when you get one... and you know you will.... it is calling your name.... you already conditioned her that you will be bringing one home....
Yes indeed, I did exactly as you said! She thinks I called it off after giving it a little more thought. Little does she know I left the door cracked open just incase.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »

"Pimp'n ain't easy"... that's the way to "Flip the script".... I like the way you think. :2vrolijk_21: :D ;D :D ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »

Yes indeed, I did exactly as you said! She thinks I called it off after giving it a little more thought. Little does she know I left the door cracked open just incase.
:bigok:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.