Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Has anyone used the Vance and Hines FP3 yet?  (Read 17588 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Has anyone used the Vance and Hines FP3 yet?
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »

I'm going to order Dresser Duals and Oversized 450s soon and I was thinking of using the FP3 for a tuner.  I haven't rode the bike yet and it only has one mile....and I don't want to dyno it if i don't have to.  I've used the Power Vision with good results, but using the phone seems like a good idea.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Has anyone used the Vance and Hines FP3 yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »

Its just a basic tuner, do not think its the next coming.. And the data transfer rate on Blue tooth vs the ecm??? Thats just plain funny. Gimmick nothing more.  Do your self a favor buy the right tuner, spend the money to have it tuned correctly.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:51:56 PM »

I have the FP3 with Power duals and Monster Rounds on my 2014 CVO Road king. Works great. A lot more torque and power. No issues and very easy to set up. I did not even have to do the auto tune... Did not see the point. Flashed the map and that was it.
Also, Cool to see all the data on the iPhone real time as you ride. Gadget? may be for the phone part but works much better than expensive tune and cams on my other Road king (2003 with big bore stage 2 and tune).
I kept the old bike, a 100 anniversary road king classic with True Duals/monster rounds for all the memories but the new one (with the FP3) smokes it and runs smoother.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 08:52:41 AM »

I have the FP3 with Power duals and Monster Rounds on my 2014 CVO Road king. Works great. A lot more torque and power. No issues and very easy to set up. I did not even have to do the auto tune... Did not see the point. Flashed the map and that was it.
Also, Cool to see all the data on the iPhone real time as you ride. Gadget? may be for the phone part but works much better than expensive tune and cams on my other Road king (2003 with big bore stage 2 and tune).
I kept the old bike, a 100 anniversary road king classic with True Duals/monster rounds for all the memories but the new one (with the FP3) smokes it and runs smoother.

Or maybe the tuners did not do a good job on your bike and that you do not have any idea how well the bike is or is not running as you have no way to check the tune.

Good luck I am sure its the best   :nixweiss:

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »

GMR, I agree with you that I could have squeezed an extra 3 or 4 hp from a good tune but this set up already gets me way more than I need. Huge torque down low and incredible acceleration. If I wanted more I would get a Suzuki hayabusa or a BMW s1000RR. I have already been there...
To each his own but that is not why I got a Harley.
To me, ease of use was a great selling point. In addition, Vance and Hines offers a map for my exact bike (2014 CVO RK) with my exact set up (V&H header and pipes). I trust V&H to know what they are doing more than my local Harley dealer. I have been there as well with 3 tunes from 2 diff dealers on my other bike.
I would bet I am already getting 95+ hp and 110+ of torque...and I get the torque where I want it to be, between 2500 and 3500 rpm not at 3500+rpm.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »

I was not talking about peak numbers per say. Its not uncommon for us to tune the same builds with the same tuner and see +/- 10% changes. So the idea that a canned map is the complete tune is just not true. I do agree that the bike runs well but a canned map will never be what it should it is just not possible, way too many variables exist with these engines.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »

I Bought the FP3 for my new 2015 CVOSE. Extremely easy and my bike runs great with the canned tune. I'm running the Fulsac stainless header with the V&H HO mufflers.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »

i will be going with the fp3...and i personally do not believe a vendor who tells me that there is a possible range of 20% between tunes on the same build on two identical bikes on the same day...+/- 10%...not buying it...maybe from untuned to tuned, but not two tuned bikes...on our bikes that would be a total difference of nearly 20 HP between the two
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:15:45 AM »

20% of the ve number not 20% on power to be clear I never stated power you did.

And for the record I do not care if you believe me or not.. You can do what ever you want to your bike. If you think the tuner is the best well then great.. I tune for a living and see all of them.. And the fact is its a basic simple tuner,... with more smoke and mirrors than you can imagine.

I can take a 100% stock bike add a tuner ( PV TTS SEST) and re tune the stock bike and see 10% changes and we will see a nice increase in power drivablility as well.. Canned map for one bike is just that one bike..

But like i said good luck enjoy the tuner and I must have no idea what I am doing, 200 plus bikes a year must all be wrong,..  :D :D :2vrolijk_21:

Or before stating I am full of it ,.. do the research and prove your point.  I dont need to prove anything I know what the facts are as I have used them all. DO not think for one minute that I am all about brand X tuner.. I tune all of them. You get to see what works extremely well and what is a so-so tuner.  Its a basic cal with a program that will use the stock 02 sensors to make corrections. Great but there is so much more to a tune than just a VE table..

Good luck I am sure it will be far better tuned than anything else out there.  This is the same thing everyone said about the fuel pak as well how great it was yada yada.. Then guys found out that was BS and now this new version well its the best..  Funny if its that simple then why does SE PV and TTS  all add so many more features.. Could it be that you really need those if you want to do the job correctly?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:41:37 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »

i will be going with the fp3...and i personally do not believe a vendor who tells me that there is a possible range of 20% between tunes on the same build on two identical bikes on the same day...+/- 10%...not buying it...maybe from untuned to tuned, but not two tuned bikes...on our bikes that would be a total difference of nearly 20 HP between the two
A canned map vs. a bike tuned by a real tuner (not dyno operators) is no comparison. Tuned bike wins that argument. You can cut corners but you really do get what you pay for.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 02:57:19 PM »

How come I see a lot of people rant against the FP3 map but I do not see anyone criticize Fullsac for using a map on their system as well. Two very good choices...
Fullsac seems to know their stuff and have a lot of satisfied customers. Great system if you want the stock look and want to save a little money as well.
For people who like the Vance and Hines look and sound (I am one of them) the FP3 is an excellent choice.
I think they are both great alternatives...
I have seen a lot of great reviews of both online.
I just do not get the V&H FP3 bashing...seems very selective...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »

Isn't Fullsac a canned tune as well?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »

How come I see a lot of people rant against the FP3 map but I do not see anyone criticize Fullsac for using a map on their system as well. Two very good choices...
Fullsac seems to know their stuff and have a lot of satisfied customers. Great system if you want the stock look and want to save a little money as well.
For people who like the Vance and Hines look and sound (I am one of them) the FP3 is an excellent choice.
I think they are both great alternatives...
I have seen a lot of great reviews of both online.
I just do not get the V&H FP3 bashing...seems very selective...
Isn't Fullsac a canned tune as well?
The difference between the two is the Fullsac tune is done w/the TTS which offers more parameters to tune it by where as (from what I have read) the FP3 doesn't offer as many parameters to tune with. BTW I have neither so I have no dog in the fight as to what is better... just stating facts... that's all.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »

Fullsac IS a canned tune as well. The FP3 also has more adjustable parameters that I would ever use.
And you can change them yourself on your iphone...at any time and anywhere.
To go back to the Tune versus a good can map for a specific setup, yes the tune is better (that is assuming the tech knows what he is doing...and that is a huge assumption) but I bet most people won't feel the difference. Just do not use your average Harley dealer for tuning.
Either one is way better than stock anyway, as long as you remove the cat and get some good slipons...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:17:06 PM by jpdchicago »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »

yes the tune is better (that is assuming the tech knows what he is doing...and that is a huge assumption)

Not an assumption if you do some homework and take it to a reputable tuner. Sometimes that requires traveling a great distance. I pulled mine 240 miles to get it tuned. I've never had a better running bike worth every penny. I agree though, if you are gonna take it to the average dyno operator you might as well just flash the ecm with a canned map.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 25 queries.