Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO  (Read 25073 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: STARTING ISSUE 2014 CVO BO
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 08:24:02 AM »

That sucks. I haven't taken mine up yet. I just put the new 14" Wild1's and haven't added the Dot4 yet. Manual says it has to be put on Digital Tech. Im guessing to start the ABS motor/pump in it. If I cant bleed both clutch and frt. brake I will take mine back to the dealer then and request they find out whats going on with the cold start issue.

You're correct in your guess...  You need to cycle the ABS pump with the Digital Tech as part of the bleeding process to eliminate all the air from the system.  If you don't do this it is possible to obtain a good brake "pedal", only to have air escape from the pump into the line at the worst possible time.  It's best to follow the directions in the manual - as working brakes are an important part of staying safe!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »

Yeah it is one thing if it doesn't start but if it won't stop that could be real bad. Thanks, Zig

480dad

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »

New guy here, so 'hey' from the midwest.  Similar hard to start problem here also.  Bought the bike in October and all was good for the first 2-3 months and ~800 or so miles, then seemed to really struggle when I couldn't ride regularly even though I always keep it on the tender.  Dropped the bike off for 1,000 mile service a few weeks ago and asked them to take a look at it.  Service said the bike started several times with no problems until Saturday morning.  They tested the battery and it was bad.  So, they pulled and replaced under warranty.  I sent them this entire thread as I wanted to put this issue "on record", since it seems as though many of us have experienced some sort of hard starting issue.  Service Manager said no service bulletins have been issued and they haven't seen other FXSEBE starting problem but if the new battery doesn't fix the issue permanently, they'll investigate further.  He read with interest the thoughts on enaging the clutch when turning the engine over & fuel pressure/fuel pump discussions.

Anyway, my first post.  Snow is almost melted, had enough of winter and ready to ride.  My plans over the next few weeks include installing a shotgun shock, oil cooler and Wards cooling fan.  I like Cams heel rests too.   

You guys have some awesome bikes.

...ride safe.
2014 FXSBSE

pharough

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MS

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »

I am certainly sorry you guys are still having problems. As to the pulling in of the clutch to start, I get what your trying to accomplish. I ride with a lot of Harley owners, most with a lot of performance upgrades. None of them.have to pull in clutch and have no problems starting. As for me, Harley mechanics went through everything y'all described to fix the problem...battery, even settings on how the engine senses position of crankshaft all under warranty. Until they replaced the fuel pump nothing worked. And they would not have found that without leaving the fuel pressure gauge on, because for several days they had it,it started fine and fuel pressure settings had read normal. They really were stumped before they checked to see if it bled down. Today I am very thankful, it starts great every single time regardless of wether it has been sitting, ran or not, on tender or not, and I never pull in the clutch. I have over 13000 miles on her and she is less than year old. I wish you guys best of luck in hopes your mechanic finds the solution. I wanted to put mine on my Christmas list.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:59 AM »

I finally had time to take her up to the dealer and again expressed the issue of the cold starting problem. Hopefully after sennding them several posts from here with the same issues they will take the time to check for fuel pressure bleed down or find out whatever the issue is with mine. I took it up there to bleed the front brake due to having ABS. They are telling me they are going to have to have top brake line fabricated. 

pharough

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MS

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »

Hey as long as it's their dime who cares. Keep us posted zigscvobo

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »

With the TTS I'm wondering if it will or not.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 01:26:46 PM »

Just got a call from dealer.Well they have figured out a way to make this into something I will end up paying for. Said it threw a couple of codes. Limp mode and something to do with TBW. I had the starting problem before I did anything with the Bars I put on.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »

By doing some research on these codes it looks like several people have had this issue. I was sent the SE extentions, so I did not have the green plug some were speaking of. I did wrap up the last 2 wires that were for the heated grips and shrink wrap them. Guess that still could be the problem. Waiting to hear what they find.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »

Dealer said it is the fuel pump. You would think they would do a TSB on it by now. Says that it is even losing pressure at idle. Also told that I had crossed two wires while plugging into connector. Not believing that I did that as I checked and rechecked but to get the bike back I will have to except that. At least they have hopefully solved what started this whole thread in the first place. Won't know for sure till I get it back.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I had my fuel pump replaced too. Losing pressure. It didn't fix the problem, but I've heard from a few others that it a new fuel pump did the trick. Let us know how you make out.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »

Got my Breakout back today from the dealer. wHEN SWITCH WAS FIRST TURNED ON IT ONLY HAD 20PSI. Once bike got started, running pressure was between 30-35psi and bleeds down after engine is shut off. Pressure should be between 50-62psi. Replaced fuel pump and pressure is now at 60psi. Ran great on the way back to work. See what it does after sitting for a couple of hours. Fingers crossed.

USMC CVO SGT

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 09:02:13 AM »

Out of curiousity what color is the bikes with the issue? I have a blue one and some of the issues I read on here seem to be color related. Example, paint peeling was yellow 2013, orange 2014 had some rusting issues. I have had no starting issues, just wondering.

Do they assemble the bikes in different plants according to color? and that is why some bikes are affected with certain problems and not others?  I know bikes are assembled at different plants, is this a cause?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:10:35 PM by USMC CVO SGT »

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »

Sir, I dont think that they are painted in different plants due to color.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »

It appears the starting issue was finally solved for mine. Started right up one the first push of the button after sitting over night. The pump did sound a little different than the other one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.