Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Down and the future is uncertain, now more predictable  (Read 26959 times)

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
Re: Down and the future is uncertain, now more predictable
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 11:10:25 AM »

George, I still recommend you see a manual spinal physical therapist. My Daughter does wonders for me. She specialized in the spine, a master's degree an 6 years of school. I pray you can recover an have peace a get back to riding which gives us all enjoyment.
Mitch

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member
  • Be responsible of yourself.

• CVO1: "2007"FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: "2004" 3500 Dodge Diesel Long bed DRW 4X4 HD "Laramie'
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 07:54:02 AM »

George, I still recommend you see a manual spinal physical therapist. My Daughter does wonders for me. She specialized in the spine, a master's degree an 6 years of school. I pray you can recover an have peace a get back to riding which gives us all enjoyment.

Mitch,
I thank you for your advice, I live in a 3rd world state, North Carolina.  They have upgraded their Educational value, but it is difficult to find a competent Professional. The Chiropractor that is handling this  problem, I would rate better than most that I have had to deal with in my years of keeping my body operational.
There is just some things that happen in life that makes it hard to continue, being 70++.

Ride Safe,

George
Expect the Unexpected
For FRIENDS are always welcomed, and ASSOCIATES are somewhat tolerated.  But all are equally rewarded with Karma...Good or Evil.

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »

To all the members following this thread, the good news is that I'm still living. BUT, the bad news is, unless some miracle happens, I will be wheel chair bound. I am already using a wheeled walker to try to strengthen my legs. The left legs is being stubborn.  My endurance to pain is getting shorter, and my ability to walk distance is almost nonexistent.

All Riders/Owners...BE SAFE

Vagabond (George)
Expect the Unexpected
For FRIENDS are always welcomed, and ASSOCIATES are somewhat tolerated.  But all are equally rewarded with Karma...Good or Evil.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 08:51:47 PM »

George.
I'm sorry to that your prognosis is not good. I keep you in my prayers and do believe in miracles.
The Lord tests us in many ways, not always to our liking, so stay the course and keep up the good fight.
Remember that you have friends here that are here for you. Lean on us.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »

Well to make a long story short, The "Jetsons" haven't been riding since 2011. Many situations had come into the mix of life. Now the latest situation has put a real crimp on the future of riding.  The George and Judy riding team will have to put riding on hold again. George, a 72 year old, was hit with a "pinched nerve" in the lower back region that sent him to the emergency room at the hospital. This was approximately mid June. After loosing control of the right leg, and many visits to a Spine Doctor, which hasn't been fruitful, George is muddling through pain pills and working with various doctors and a Chiropractor to release the nerves from the pressure. ETA of a whole body again? Only time will tell. It damn near killed me. Lost over 16 pounds of muscle and flesh in two weeks.

So if you see us on the road again, I beat it. But I don't think the right leg will be the same due to damaged nerves.

Ride Safe everyone, and I hope this never happens to you.

George,

My father inlaw was hit with a very similiar situation.   He was able to have a tens unit put (implanted)  into his back and it has taken away the pain.   Don't know if this is a viable option for you, but hope you find relief or a fix.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »

George..  I hope the best for you and will send a quick request to the man upstairs that you are granted peace and joy no matter what new challenges you may face. 

My son is in boot camp and I sent him with the only piece of true wisdom that has stuck with me.  That is Attitude and Effort are the only things in this life that we truly control.  You exemplify this...  Sounds like you have a warriors heart.. 

Take Care..

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 05:19:33 AM »

George.
I'm sorry to that your prognosis is not good. I keep you in my prayers and do believe in miracles.
The Lord tests us in many ways, not always to our liking, so stay the course and keep up the good fight.
Remember that you have friends here that are here for you. Lean on us.
Mike

MikeyTee,
I have already seen a lot of challenges. Mainly learning to get up off the floor without use of legs. These legs use to press 300 lbs., I'm lucky to get control enough for knee lock for standing. Still working on leg extension for both legs. I DO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURGEMENT.
George
Expect the Unexpected

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 05:34:29 AM »

George..  I hope the best for you and will send a quick request to the man upstairs that you are granted peace and joy no matter what new challenges you may face. 

My son is in boot camp and I sent him with the only piece of true wisdom that has stuck with me.  That is Attitude and Effort are the only things in this life that we truly control.  You exemplify this...  Sounds like you have a warriors heart.. 

Take Care..

TXGator,
That was a great piece of Wisdom that you gave your Son. And I appreciated the compliment. And you are so correct about Attitude and Effort. Now about that heart, when do they peaceably sleep?
This one is 72 yrs. and going for 73 in June.

Take Care as well
George
Expect the Unexpected

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 01:03:57 AM »

To all riders /owners,
Today I took a chance, and fired up the CUSE2 07. She sounded GREAT and felt Great. The left leg is a little more cooperative. I went through some really painful days lately as the nerves in left leg began "talking" to the central nerve center. There  is Hope yet. I Thank everyone for their Prayers well wishes.

Ride safe,

Vagabond
Expect the Unexpected

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 01:14:28 AM »

There is always hope!    :2vrolijk_21:    :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »

That is good news to hear, George! Keeping up the healing prayers.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

Great to hear!  Keep thinking positive and working to get better!  We are all thinking of you!

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »

To all that had replied recently, I thank you for your support.
To make a long story short. The left leg is giving some support. I'm aiding it with a support knee wrap to get more control.
I'm walking more without the walker w/wheels. I'm using the adage "when the going get tough, the Tough get going" w/attitude.
PAINFUL? Nawwww.

Ride safe everyone,
George (Vagabond6542)
Expect the Unexpected

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »

Sorry that you are going through this but happy to see progress and positive attitude!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »

George,
Keep up with the positive VIBES!

All the best.

Mike

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.