Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Tuning Day @ Performance Choppers, El Cajon, CA  (Read 4369 times)

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
Dyno Tuning Day @ Performance Choppers, El Cajon, CA
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:10 AM »

Well, tomorrow is Dyno Tuning day......

Performance Choppers, El Cajon, CA...  East of San Diego, CA

Last CVO tuned there had numbers of  120TQ/109HP  .... this bike had Vance & Hines Power Duals and HI-Output slip-ons ....."Mikey" there has a passion for tuning...no doubt! He talks about tuning to no end!  I am told this bike gets 45mpg....

Yes..... I know, I know....Dyno is just number and those numbers can be -- manipulated -- to show what is needed...

But, I have talked to Mikey several times and he has a passion that is to no end!..... He showed me at least 5 tunes from the beginning to the end -- first pull to the last --- and he really works hard to get the AFR line clean and straight across the RPM range.  Based on our conversation, I am sure he really spends the time to tune the bike.  Performance Choppers has an "open door" policy --- you can stay around for the 10-12 hour process while they tune  your bike. You can see everything and ask question about how and why.... I spent at least 4 hrs with Mikey asking every question in the book...... seems that these guys are real.

On my 2011.5 Ford blue CVO, I am putting the Power Dual and Hi-Outputs on tomorrow and hitting the Dyno....... I will only be able to see the afternoon part of the tuning session.....  Mikey is excited about getting to tune my CVO and has some other ideas for pulling out power. He will do a baseline pull and record and then the final pull.

This is what I know..... at the moment.  Friday or Monday, I will get my bike and see the reality of the tune.  That 110 has a pretty good power curve from the factory compared to my previous 95" bike.  This tune is a lot of cash...... I think I will have a big, giant smile afterward and.......

I hope to post the results.

Gearheadfmc

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Dyno Tuning Day @ Performance Choppers, El Cajon, CA
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »

109 HP on a 110 with A/C and pipes ain't happening on a calibrated dyno with current software and no tricks.

85-95 hp is more realistic    

Hope you get a good tune.  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:50:37 AM »

Sounded high, but I am going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.  He is really passionate about his tuning, has some different approaches to the method of tuning.

If I get an improvement in the driveability, mileage and seat of pants....... may be ok.

Let's see...

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »

I bet you do get a nice tune but I had to do cams and pistons to get those numbers. That is in addition to the HO Propipe and tuner.

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »

Be interested in hearing the results but the numbers do look high.  I'm at 100 HP & 104 TQ with Fullsac X-pipe, Big Sucker A/C, 1.75 baffles and TTS.  Can't wait to hear the results.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

Heard from the tuner today.  The bike is finished and I am going to pick it up in an hour.

He told me the TQ/HP was 121.5/103.5  :huepfenjump3:   :drink:   :2vrolijk_21: .  Says it runs really, really strong!

I know numbers are just numbers and dyno charts are just dyno charts.....very clear. 

So, I will try to upload the graph later and my SOP reality check.....

But, in the mean time.... I am pretty excited about the potential --- from stock header/muffs to Vance &Hines Power Duals and Hi-Output slip ons

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »

Inquiring minds want to know what u think now? Perhaps u can show the doubters  :huepfenlol2:
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »

well.... the numbers are 103.37HP and 121.09 TQ

I tried to scan in the chart, but the guy ran it in blue..... and it does not show up clearly.....

I will try another approach...

Good news though.... bike feels very spirited....

There is a small "dip" at around 2250 that I can feel and the graph shows, but after that, it is arms yanked from the socket!  I am pretty happy for the moment.

The interesting side of the story is...............I have a red 2011 CVO Ultra with the Fullsac, Stage I  and now this blue 2011.5 with a Vance & Hines system...  the blue feels stronger than the red..... not saying the Fullsac is bad.... in fact it is good.

Hopefully, I can upload soon

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 01:16:24 AM »

You can have him email it to you or.......just copy it on a black ink copier  (Kinkos, Mailboxes Etc., etc.).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.