Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: New 2013 Honda Goldwing FB6  (Read 64272 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: New 2013 Honda Goldwing FB6
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »

I took a look, damn the ass end is fugly  :o

x2! 

I don't like what they've done with the rear ends of the wings at all.  Looks like they are trying to compete with the Victory Vision...ugh.
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »

Just needs a few touches from Team Willie to make it perfect. I know he is watching this post and maybe a FLTRSEH2O could happen soon. He must be bored with retirement by now.  :P

After thousands of hours of design and design review, the wearing out of of a least ten berets due to brow furrowing and the death of three trees used for pencils and paper for sketches this would be the Willie G version.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »

HD Leads the way and Honda chases with bikes that aren't quite the same and the origainal.
Supershooter

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »

After thousands of hours of design and design review, the wearing out of of a least ten berets due to brow furrowing and the death of three trees used for pencils and paper for sketches this would be the Willie G version.
Willie dropped the ball, he forgot the emblem on the fairing.  :coolblue:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »

HD Leads the way and Honda chases with bikes that aren't quite the same and the origainal.
Supershooter

Guess that all depends on your personal definition of "leads".   :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hogasm

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »

Guess that all depends on your personal definition of "leads".   :nixweiss:

Leads.......way to repair shop
                  way to empty your wallet to have a reliable bike
                    way to arguing with customer service about your warranty

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:19:35 PM by hogasm »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »

Road a goldwing back in the early 80's, thought it had nice lines and comfortable to ride. Then they had a certain degree of a distance tour riding bike.
          Looks like a run around towner then a tour. :nixweiss: Always kind of thought of them as a rice burner any how. The sleek design kind of reminds me of Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. raiser look. :confused5:

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »

Leads.......way to repair shop
                  way to empty your wallet to have a reliable bike
                    way to arguing with customer service about your warranty

Sad but true.

Harley is on the road to improvement, all the recent changes seem to indicate that. But they still have a ways to go before they hit the dependability level of a good Japanese bike. Now I know that there are folks out there with good solid bullet proof Wednesday made Harleys that have never had a problem. But judging by most of the posts here and on other sites, most of those are the exception, and not the rule, especially in the CVO category.

I love my CVO. It has looks, style, that "soul" everyone talks about, a culture, history, good resale value, and a brotherhood unlike any other. However none of that matters when you're broken down on a dark, cold, lonely road out in the middle of nowhere with no cell coverage. That has happened to me more times than I care to remember with my old '01. The die-hards will quote "I'd rather PUSH my Harley than ride a Honda", well I've done that too outside of Zion National Park. Pushing a 1,000lb Ultra at 3,000 feet in the 100 degree desert is not my idea of a fun road trip. And while we all argue that "those Japanese bikes have way too much plastic", I can tell you it's easier to push a lighter bike made out of plastic and fiberglass than a heavier bike made out of metal.

I think we'd all agree that if Harley had the quality and dependability record of any of the major Japanese motorcycle makers, we'd all be as happy as a HOG in slop.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »

I would hang up my helmet throw my boots in the trash and rip up my MC license before i would own another Jap bike.

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »

I would hang up my helmet throw my boots in the trash and rip up my MC license before i would own another Jap bike.

I think you're going to build a support line pretty quick on that note:   :2vrolijk_21:  I'm In   :P

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »

I think you're going to build a support line pretty quick on that note:   :2vrolijk_21:  I'm In   :P

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »

First bike was a 900 Kaw, then came a BMW K100, then a 74 Electra Glide, 99 Softail, 05 Ultra Classic and now my 13 CVOUC.  I have met some of the nicest people around the country while riding my Harley's.  Many times an old timer will start a conversation about the old Harley he used to ride or stories about friends that rode.  Never once had a person begin a conversation about the old metric bike they use to ride.  In fact I almost felt invisible at times on the BMW and Kawasaki.  As I get older I appreciate the nostalgia and the bond of the Harley culture.  The Goldwing is not bad looking and I am sure I will see many but I will continue to smile as I pat the tank on my CVO.  
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »

First bike was a 900 Kaw, then came a BMW K100, then a 74 Electra Glide, 99 Softail, 05 Ultra Classic and now my 13 CVOUC.  I have met some of the nicest people around the country while riding my Harley's.  Many times an old timer will start a conversation about the old Harley he used to ride or stories about friends that rode.  Never once had a person begin a conversation about the old metric bike they use to ride.  In fact I almost felt invisible at times on the BMW and Kawasaki.  As I get older I appreciate the nostalgia and the bond of the Harley culture.  The Goldwing is not bad looking and I am sure I will see many but I will continue to smile as I pat the tank on my CVO.  

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »

I can appreciate that kind of brand loyalty, I really can. It's very admirable. I'm that way with some things too, like pistols. I prefer the Sig-Sauer over the Glock. I've carried both on duty and used both. Both are excellent, I just prefer the Sig.

Speaking only for myself, I love motorcycling too much to give it up. If for some reason I could not own a Harley-Davidson, I certainly would not give up an activity that has become a part of my life. I would gladly own a Japanese bike, a German bike, an Italian bike, a British bike, a Russian bike, or even one of the other American made bikes, rather than completely surrender the pleasure of riding.

But that's just me.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »

I like it.  It would be a great daily driver for work, I could retire my 84 GW stripper.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:12:53 PM by Gank »
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.