Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2000 Triple Red Paint Codes  (Read 5040 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
2000 Triple Red Paint Codes
« on: April 30, 2016, 10:21:46 AM »

My neighbor freshened up my bags this week and here are the PPG codes for a amazing color match.

75946 luxury rich red
75130 midnight red
405 75575  imola red (BMW) 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:46:53 AM by grandpadoc »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2000 Triple Red Paint Codes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »

My neighbor freshened up my bags this week and here are the PPG codes for a amazing color match.

75946 luxury rich red
75130 midnight red
405 75575  imola red (BMW)

The luxury rich red and the midnight have been out there for a long time.  PPG books show the midnight red as a 1998 color though as part of the 95th anniversary paints.  The tudor red as an accent color was used less and I'd not seen a direct HD match for.  Is the BMW color the tudor red?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »

Yes, its the missing link and as close as it gets to matching.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=75575
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:23:41 AM by grandpadoc »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »

...and a thread is bookmarked.

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »

I've seen some of Doc's neighbor's other work and he is all that!  Really, really an artist.
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 09:08:29 PM »

Nice match, or you could buy my full set of new factory painted tins I have listed?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »

Nice match, or you could buy my full set of new factory painted tins I have listed?

But then I'd have two sets of spares and that'd be re-redundant.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:52:02 AM »

But then I'd have two sets of spares and that'd be re-redundant.

Can't blame a guy for trying? I'll find a buyer eventually, I hope. IMHO its kind of a steal. Even if the paint is available and inexpensive having someone recreate the graphics would be expensive. Unless you're getting the friend price. There is a guy looking for a blue paint set. Wonder what a set like mine would be worth to someone like that?

Just hoping to catch the eye of an interested buyer. I paid over $4000 8 years ago

Sorry for hijacking.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »

I've seen some of Doc's neighbor's other work and he is all that!  Really, really an artist.

...and a magician !  He just touched up some bad spots on the side and lids in all three colors. I've tried to see where the old damage was and honestly can't tell since he blended it so well.  Leo   :znotworthy:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »

Can't blame a guy for trying? I'll find a buyer eventually, I hope. IMHO its kind of a steal. Even if the paint is available and inexpensive having someone recreate the graphics would be expensive. Unless you're getting the friend price. There is a guy looking for a blue paint set. Wonder what a set like mine would be worth to someone like that?

Just hoping to catch the eye of an interested buyer. I paid over $4000 8 years ago

Sorry for hijacking.

Unfortunately someone somewhen will need parts.  Some kind of damage will occur to someone.  These bikes are vintage enough (read: old enough) and were in such limited numbers to begin with there's just not a lot of them getting use anymore.  Hell, it's worse than that; there's just not a lot of them left anymore.  So finding your target audience is slim pickings.

I was lucky and scored side covers on eBay one day many years ago for $50, an NOS tank for $325 some other time and an outer fairing one rainy Sunday on a "make offer" eBay listing for $450.  A pair of saddlebag bottoms came my way for $400.  Those prices all included freight.  All the other parts are solid color and (fortunately) an easy color at that so they can be done at need easily and inexpensively.  Despite that I also have a couple of saddlebag lids that were also cheap eBay scores at different times.

On the rare occasion these pieces show up on eBay they just never go for a lot of money.  There's too few of us left that both appreciate and actually ride this great looking old bike.  Compound that with how few of the bikes there actually were to begin with and there's just no great target audience anymore.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 04:28:17 PM »

You did find some good deals for sure. Even at that you spent about $1225. I would let my set go for $2500 plus shipping for brand new in box including saddlebag lids and hinges. including the speedo and tach housings. I'm actually surprised I still have them? For the cost of a couple of fenders and a console you could make a nice clone even up to 2006 I believe?

Enjoy your bike. I didn't buy my parts with the intent to sell. I loved my bike and never intended to sell it, I bought it new. Too bad someone stole it so I am trying to help a fellow CVO owner with a good deal?

Unfortunately someone somewhen will need parts.  Some kind of damage will occur to someone.  These bikes are vintage enough (read: old enough) and were in such limited numbers to begin with there's just not a lot of them getting use anymore.  Hell, it's worse than that; there's just not a lot of them left anymore.  So finding your target audience is slim pickings.

I was lucky and scored side covers on eBay one day many years ago for $50, an NOS tank for $325 some other time and an outer fairing one rainy Sunday on a "make offer" eBay listing for $450.  A pair of saddlebag bottoms came my way for $400.  Those prices all included freight.  All the other parts are solid color and (fortunately) an easy color at that so they can be done at need easily and inexpensively.  Despite that I also have a couple of saddlebag lids that were also cheap eBay scores at different times.

On the rare occasion these pieces show up on eBay they just never go for a lot of money.  There's too few of us left that both appreciate and actually ride this great looking old bike.  Compound that with how few of the bikes there actually were to begin with and there's just no great target audience anymore.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 04:55:21 PM »

You did find some good deals for sure. Even at that you spent about $1225. I would let my set go for $2500 plus shipping for brand new in box including saddlebag lids and hinges. including the speedo and tach housings. I'm actually surprised I still have them? For the cost of a couple of fenders and a console you could make a nice clone even up to 2006 I believe?

Enjoy your bike. I didn't buy my parts with the intent to sell. I loved my bike and never intended to sell it, I bought it new. Too bad someone stole it so I am trying to help a fellow CVO owner with a good deal?

Forgot about the pods/dash stuff.  Got that with the fairing here as a throw in.  It was all new stuff except for the dash. It had a scratch.

You ever thought about rolling your own?  You've got the hard part.  Score a frame and start collecting other parts and make one that fits you to begin with and without having to remove a bunch of OE to begin with.  I did exactly that with a project to replicate an 02 candy brandy CVO Road King.  Was a lot of fun and it's a great bike.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »

I've had a Ness FXR frame for 10 years. A 1973-1975 Jimmy/Blazer windshield frame to convert a 1990/91 to a full removeable top. I just never have the time to finish all my projects, but the thought crossed my mind. Wish I could do it to a post 2009 with the improved frame (still probably doable?)?

I did finish a 5.3 Chevy truck LS engine into a 1972 GMC Jimmy with the 4L60 4 speed auto, cruise control, EFI mated to the stock NP205 Transfer case and drove it for about 5 years. Sold it and bought a 2001 convertible vette, drove it for 2-3 years and sold it. I owned my FLTRSEI for 15 years until stolen (longest I've owned anything)! Sold some stuff and with insurance bought a 2016 FLTRXS and am enjoying riding again. Just not enough time in a day/week/year? Ride safe, thanks for the banter!

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.