Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide Scorching yellow / Starfire flames.. Production Numbers  (Read 11740 times)

rockyhd

• CVO1: 2015 CVO STREET GLIDE 117 ci SE RACE KIT

I had my local dealer  get me the production numbers of the 2015 Scorching yellow and Starfire flames since they were done with that color. He called to tell me they only made 193 total 182 were domestic and 11 for California.  Not many of them out there.

Rkw

Well, as the owner of this color, I am glad they limited the number purposely, or because of paint issues.

Can you clarify 182 domestically and 11 California, for a total of 193? Are you saying of the 193 domestic bikes produced, 11 of them went to Cali dealers, and the remaining 182 went to dealers in the rest of the USA?

Other than some yellow on the underside of the saddle bag lids, the positioning of the harness and wiring inside the bags, the reduced space of these bags vs my 14 SG saddle bag capacity, the loose/missing nuts that was repaired at the 1k service, and the rare clipping of the stereo when using my IPOD,  I am happy with my CVO.

I currently have 1700 miles on this bike (bought Sept '14) and looking forward to some traveling before next winter.

Harley should take the complaints (some are listed above) and use them to improve the bikes going forward. As I noted, I am happy overall with the look and sound so far, but wish they had recognized the saddlebag issues beforehand,

rockyhd

Yes 11 of them to California dealers and 182 to the rest of the dealers .

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)

l did not like this color when pic's were released ... but, after seeing this bike in person ... and a riding buddy buying one ... l now really like this color ... can't judge a color till it's seen in person ... same goes for the UV Blue / Lava ...

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)

Sorry guys, I rarely go to the stealership Soooooooo
 :worthless:

B B

hitone

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

There is one of these sitting in the dealers showroom in Kingston Ontario Canada so I guess a few must have been imported! The bike is new.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

I had my local dealer  get me the production numbers of the 2015 Scorching yellow and Starfire flames since they were done with that color. He called to tell me they only made 193 total 182 were domestic and 11 for California.  Not many of them out there.

Who did you get yours from....I got my from Hannum's

rockyhd

I got mine at Scheaffers. I saw yours when Deans had it .

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

I got mine at Scheaffers. I saw yours when Deans had it .

Good people at Scheaffers.

Funny thing about mine...had it on order at Hannums and they called me and said Deans hand one if I wanted to go look at it but it was sold. A month later then Hannums called me to tell me that the color was going to be discontinued and not sure if they could get a Yellow one and if I had a second choice.

Then a week later they told me they had my bike...while hannums was doing the due diligence to buy deans ,the GM saw the bike (Deal fell through) and told them to ship it to Media.

Hope to see you around this summer :2vrolijk_21:

MiCrow

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

Wow, only 193 in US, that is low. I saw 3 of them at the Fayetteville AR Bikes, Blues & Barbecue rally (2 parked and 1 was an HD bike on display). This was my 2nd choice color, but I got the UV/Lava and love it.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2

There is one of these sitting in the dealers showroom in Kingston Ontario Canada so I guess a few must have been imported! The bike is new.

Did it have a sold sign on it?

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide

This must be a mirage then!! (Only jessing kid) this  Landed  at my dealer in UK before Christmas ,
your dealer is wrong in his figures, I know the U.S. is big and  probably 80% of all the bikes made are sold in US but there are a few that get out to the rest of the world regardless of how small production numbers are. :)

Ride free brothers!

hitone

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

Mano.... the bike in Kingston was actually ordered by a guy who changed his mind when he saw it in person and ordered a different CVO

Rkw

The numbers were for Domestic only, not International; therefore, there are probably some Yellows that were sent overseas and to our neighbor in the North.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava

Perhaps it was misunderstood. Generally the term "Domestic" as applied to production vehicles would mean they were sold in the United States, and otherwise they would be Foreign or International. I have never heard of California being considered something other than Domestic. Although it is getting pretty far left and out there! Just kidding!

182 sold in the US, and 11 elsewhere might be reasonable??
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.