Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Did I just pay $80 for a license plate frame...yup! Might as well show her off!  (Read 9795 times)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide

It should help, but the slot cut out is at the wrong angle. Vance and Hines should have a different heat shield/different part number for the cvo's or list it as such. I'm sure they are aware of this. I hate bandaids on a bike this expensive. I'll order one and try it even though I grinded the slot larger. a little extra space couldn't hurt. Thanks for posting that

Yeah I know it is bloomin annoying, the slot is totally wrong shape not only at the floorboard but also at the brake pedal point.... And you can't adjust it enough to give you a " happy medium".
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

The space from the actual pipe where the heat shield is cut and the floor board arm is good.  I started it up and let it run (is raining) and the board isn't making contact anywhere, so it's not vibrating.  It doesn't make contact, even on a cold start up.  The installer got the cut out aligned pretty good....he "modified" it on the top part of the cut out where you have to get under the bike to see. It looked like it needed 1/8", so he tapped it.  Since its not vibrating or making contact, I'm just gonna leave it.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member

I just spoke to vance and Hines today, and they  said  that they are well aware of this clearance issue with the front heat shield and that it actually also touches the brake lever,
I mentioned the heat shield needs re-designing to which they replied they will be looking into doing this!
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I just spoke to vance and Hines today, and they  said  that they are well aware of this clearance issue with the front heat shield and that it actually also touches the brake lever,
I mentioned the heat shield needs re-designing to which they replied they will be looking into doing this!

I called them today too, they are sending my the CVO spacer kit because I said that there is no mention that the kit is needed or even existed!  My brake lever has plenty of clearance, it's the floor board arm cut that the installer bent a little that is close.  I'm probably going to order a new heat shield just I know it's done right.  Oh well....maybe they should include the spacers when you buy it....if you don't need them, don't use them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:43:30 PM by Nicky Pass »

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE hard candy
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE crimson
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSB (sold)

Mine will be here tomorrow. I'll post some pics up
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member

ed!
  My brake lever has plenty of clearance,

Hey Nicky, how come your's
has has plenty of clearance? i think i may have to fettle a bit off mine around the brake lever.
Ride free brothers!

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member

Mine will be here tomorrow. I'll post some pics up

great please do,

will be interesting to see the gap between rear arm and also at the brake lever! mine is going to take a while to get to me from US.
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

The brake lever is fine, they are sending me the spacer kit for free, they sent it out today, so I'll have them by the end of the week.  I also ordered a new front heat shield for $120 but it's gonna take 4-6 weeks.  Everything clears because the tapped the top of the cut out some how, the back arm of the floor board has about 1/8" between the cut out and the arm, the kit will fix it.  I ordered the new heat shield because I'm a smidge anal about my stuff. 

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

Here it is
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

the label

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member

Yep that's the one,
I think vance and Hines will be sending out a lot of these for free, mine is being sent for free now also , and dealer is replacing heat shield and rear arm too.
Annoying they kept this part hush hush! ....glad I looked into this and hopefully found a solution.
Can't wait to see pics of it fitted guys :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

Yep that's the one,
I think vance and Hines will be sending out a lot of these for free, mine is being sent for free now also , and dealer is replacing heat shield and rear arm too.
Annoying they kept this part hush hush! ....glad I looked into this and hopefully found a solution.
Can't wait to see pics of it fitted guys :2vrolijk_21:

You'd think you can get the heat shield in less the 4-6 weeks!  What's wrong with the rear arm? 

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member

You'd think you can get the heat shield in less the 4-6 weeks!  What's wrong with the rear arm?

Your lucky Nicky , I have to wait sometime in July for my heat shield as the distributors need to make up a big order!.
my rear arm got damaged by heat shield as the dealers never fitted any spacer to start with as they left it on my previous bike, so there negligence is costing them these 2 new parts.
Anyway I fettled out my heat shield today to give it good clearance and am pleased with it, so will keep this on till new shield comes and will have to do same thing on new one when it arrives, personally think what I have done will be close to what the new heat shield will be when/if they ever get round to redesigning it!. :)
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I had the kit put on today, and it gives the clearance needed.....I just wish Vance and Hines sent the kit with the system.  The new heat shield will take a month to get, and the rear arm has some scratches, so when they swap the heat shield, I'll get a new arm too.  Normal people probably wouldn't notice, but I do, so it's gonna get fixed!

PS.
Vance and Hines, mention the spacer in the special notes section of your website like you do for other similar issues.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

Guess what showed up on my door step.......?

My new heat shield!  Now I'm waiting on the rear floorboard support, which I should have by the end of the week.  hopefully, everything will be perfect by this weekend!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.