Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street Glide Windshield  (Read 5527 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Street Glide Windshield
« on: May 24, 2015, 07:34:20 PM »

Ok I learned today my little stock 7" windshield just ain't gonna cut it. I will probably need 10" or so. Seems like plenty of good after market shield makers out there.

Can someone with first hand experience please suggest a good quality windshield.

Thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Street Glide Windshield
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:41 PM »

Windvest makes a good lipped windshield.  The lipped windshield is curved at the top so it sends the wind up and over your head.  However, keep in mind if you usually ride with a passenger it may just send the wind in to her face unless you get one that's a bit taller than you first thought you might like.

I'm 6'3" and I ride with the Widnvest 10" dark tint.  We both wear Nolan (Modular) helmets and so she says the wind is not a problem for her.

I think there are a couple of windshield vendors on this forum that would get you the CVO discount but I don't have any experience with them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »

I like Long Ride Shields (LRS). I currently have a 9 inch and it's great for me. Also had one on last bike.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »

Another vote for LRS. I've got two of their recurves for my bike. I bought a 9" for spring & fall, and a 7" for summer. I'm 6'1" and haven't needed to use the 9" as the 7" is more than addequate. If i'm not mistaken, they're having a 60% off sale this w.e. too.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »

Another vote for LRS. I've got two of their recurves for my bike. I bought a 9" for spring & fall, and a 7" for summer. I'm 6'1" and haven't needed to use the 9" as the 7" is more than addequate. If i'm not mistaken, they're having a 60% off sale this w.e. too.

66don66,

So the 7" LRS is much better than the 7" stock windshield? I am 6ft. Not using the stock seat so I am sitting up just a tad. Any idea how the 7" LRS will work for 2 up. Thanks.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »

I have the Freedom Shield and I'm very pleased.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Timbuck2

• AK

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 12:36:04 AM »

I have a Fast Aire.   I am 6'1" and have the 9" shield with a light tint.  Stock seat on a 2010 and I look right over the top of the shield.   It is the recurve design that directs the air up a couple inches from the top of the shield.  Perfect height for me.   Fastaire.com 

Tim

bigmikaele

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »

When I test rode the SG with the stock windshield it buffeted my head so much that after 5 minutes I was ready to vomit (I am 6'). I told them if the CVO came with the same windshield I wasn't going to buy it (it does come with the same windshield). They put the 6" klock works windshield on it and I am very pleased; no head buffeting even if I stretch up a bit.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »

66don66,

So the 7" LRS is much better than the 7" stock windshield? I am 6ft. Not using the stock seat so I am sitting up just a tad. Any idea how the 7" LRS will work for 2 up. Thanks.

The stock shield is a bit shorter. I'm 5'11 and just ordered a 7". I had an 8" on my 11 which worked great, after riding for a while I found myself looking through the very top of it. I think a 7" or 8" for you will work fine.

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 08:03:33 AM »

I am 6 ' tall an d have over 45k miles on my 6.5 klockwerks werks.  Many friends who have ridden my bike have bought the same shield.  I tried the 8 and it was too big.
2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:03 PM »

I hate the windsplitter from harley. It does lift the wind up in the center, but those dips on either side of it, funnel the wind right into my ears. The 7" lrs recurve, with the fairing vent open, eliminates pretty much all buffeting. Not sure how it would work for the passenger, cause my wife rides her own. With the low price of the lrs, I would just order the 7" and the 9" They will ship in the same box, saving on freight.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

ultrarider123

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »

Here's a vote for Freedom Shields.  Great product and customer service and they are a vendor here on the site.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 12:26:31 PM »

Here's a vote for Freedom Shields.  Great product and customer service and they are a vendor here on the site.
Plus 1 Freedom Shields

toddwebber

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE hard candy
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE crimson
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSB (sold)
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »

I am 6 ' tall an d have over 45k miles on my 6.5 klockwerks werks.  Many friends who have ridden my bike have bought the same shield.  I tried the 8 and it was too big.

I have the same one. The stock shield had the wind hitting me right in the face. The Klockwerks 6.5 is perfect...wind is just over my head
Fuel Moto 113 big bore kit, Ward Performance CNC heads, Wood TW-999 cams, SE cam plate, Zippers chain tensioners, Darkhorse lower end, H beam rods, Timken bearing, SE 58mm TB, 5.3 injectors, AIM clutch, D&D Boarzilla 2/1, Dynojet Power Vision, Dynojet Target Tune, JRI rear shocks, Legend AXEO front shocks

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 06:00:11 AM »

Freedom Shields !!!!! Very Good Quality.
DND

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.