Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: SESG Dyno Results  (Read 21865 times)

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: Dyno 2011 cvo street glide D&D fat cats and TTS mastertune
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »

My 2009 cvo road glide  vs my 2011 cvo street glide

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
Dyno Tuned 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:51 AM »

V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi output mufflers. SERT . Tuned by Dealer. Not happy , not sad. Bike runs OK. Thought there should have been a little more H/P

fatboi1959

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all good!
Re: Dyno Tuned 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »

75 degrees and 9% humidity didn't help.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:27:20 PM by fatboi1959 »
2007 FLHTCUSE2
I'm spending my retirement one mod at a time

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »

Not sure what you expected, but gains of approximately 14 HP and 15 Ft-Lb with only an exhaust change and tune is pretty good in my book. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »

Not sure what you expected, but gains of approximately 14 HP and 15 Ft-Lb with only an exhaust change and tune is pretty good in my book. 

Jerry

I'm with Jerry.    :2vrolijk_21:

jim   :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: SESG Dyno Results
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

I'm with ya' on that Dood2. I was hoping to at least break the century mark on HP, but I'm not complaining when I'm getting almost 120 on TQ. After break-in I added the Fullsac headers, Rinehart 4" slip-ons, SERT, and Dyno'd at Cycle Visions by Randy Aron. Perhaps someone could indulge my ignorance with two questions. Why does the TQ curve drop off at 3700? What further mods can help me gain that extra 10-20 HP that I want? Thanks.

Doc
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:43:48 PM by DOC.COFFIN »
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

I'm with ya' on that Dood2. I was hoping to at least break the century mark on HP, but I'm not complaining when I'm getting almost 120 on TQ. After break-in I added the Fullsac headers, Rinehart 4" slip-ons, SERT, and Dyno'd at Cycle Visions by Randy Aron. Perhaps someone could indulge my ignorance with two questions. Why does the TQ curve drop off at 3700? What further mods can help me gain that extra 10-20 HP that I want? Thanks.

Doc

And why did he start at 3,000 rpm?  But you got huge torque......that ought to be fun out of the hole.

Stock header with cat removed, stock exhaust w/ 1.75 Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner dyno tuned by a pro....a very smooth power curve and peak numbers at 106.57 HP and 111.13 TQ.    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

And why did he start at 3,000 rpm?  But you got huge torque......that ought to be fun out of the hole.

Stock header with cat removed, stock exhaust w/ 1.75 Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner dyno tuned by a pro....a very smooth power curve and peak numbers at 106.57 HP and 111.13 TQ.    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0

It's definitely got some grunt off the line. I'm a little thick-headed, so I have to ask...in your last comment...are you saying that with that much TQ the gain in HP I'm looking for is available in a better Dyno tune?
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »

I'm not as sharp on this as some of these motor heads are but I noticed several things that stand out from normal dyno sheets. 

The graph starts at 3,000 rpm.....that seems odd and maybe one of these guys can answer that.  Most start down around 2,000-2,200 rpm. 

It's smoothed at 4 instead of 5......why and what affect does that have on the true picture?  Most dynos are smoothed at 5

It's in STD instead of SAE.....again, why and what effect does that have on the true picture?  Most dynoes are in SAE

Just to many variances to compare your dyno sheet to everybody else and why did he do it this way.  I can't help but wonder if he did it just to make it look better to the casual observer. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

Hmmm...That's more than a little disconcerting...and raises more questions.  :-\

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »

Off topic just a bit.....Doc, are you going to make it to Solvang in May?   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=58261.0

Most of the Calif. members of this forum will be there.  Would like to meet you....put down a few miles. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »

Off topic just a bit.....Doc, are you going to make it to Solvang in May?   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=58261.0

Most of the Calif. members of this forum will be there.  Would like to meet you....put down a few miles. :2vrolijk_21:

Hey Devil Dog, not only are you a member of the CRS club...You're the Pres :confused5:...LMAO ;)...We had a couple of PMs regarding this in February. "I do wish that I could be there...I'm currently forward deployed and won't be returning until the third week in May. I'll be home just in time to load the BlackBird up and hit the road for the Run For The Wall on the 18th." I'm gonna be saddletrampin' it for about three weeks when I return.

Of course, that may all change and I could be looking at an extended deployment...It all depends on how things turn out with Japan and relief missions that may spring up. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I definitey want to be able to meet y'all. Maybe I'll just have to come up for some cam work and dyno from ya' after I get back.

Doc

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »

Hey Devil Dog, not only are you a member of the CRS club...You're the Pres :confused5:...LMAO ;)...We had a couple of PMs regarding this in February. "I do wish that I could be there...I'm currently forward deployed and won't be returning until the third week in May. I'll be home just in time to load the BlackBird up and hit the road for the Run For The Wall on the 18th." I'm gonna be saddletrampin' it for about three weeks when I return.

Of course, that may all change and I could be looking at an extended deployment...It all depends on how things turn out with Japan and relief missions that may spring up. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I definitey want to be able to meet y'all. Maybe I'll just have to come up for some cam work and dyno from ya' after I get back.

Doc

:oops:  I do remember...................now. :nervous:  Does it count if I tell you I get and send a lot (to many!) PMs.  O.K. I'm pleading "not guilty" yer honor.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;D

West Coast GTG   

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »

Looks like great results!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »

JCZ, I'm not a tech or motorhead but have a very good friend who is.  Basically, using a lower smoothing number (4 instead of 5) may allow a slightly higher peak number that would otherewise be lost using the greater smoothing provided by the higher smoothing number; one or two hp/tq.  STD as a correction factor typically yields higher hp and tq than SAE.  Can't be exact on the difference but somewhere around 3% +/-.

Carl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.