Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2012 Street Glide seat  (Read 6283 times)

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
2012 Street Glide seat
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »

Has anyone changed the seat on their Street Glide. Just did a 4000 mile trip to Sturgis, beartooth, Yellowstone, Glacier and Idaho. I think I wore out the padding in my OEM seat. I really likes the look of the original seat . Interested in what other have done. Post pictures please

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: 2012 Street Glide seat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »

Has anyone changed the seat on their Street Glide. Just did a 4000 mile trip to Sturgis, beartooth, Yellowstone, Glacier and Idaho. I think I wore out the padding in my OEM seat. I really likes the look of the original seat . Interested in what other have done. Post pictures please

Ship it to Alligator Bob,, (who is a forum member) Have him install a Pro Pad, You'll think you have a new seat, Night/Day difference  :2vrolijk_21:
alligatorbob.com
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »

I went with a mustang with a back rest.   That stock seat sucks no matter how you alter it.   I love my mustang vintage. 

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:56:51 AM »

Corbin !!!!
DND

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »

I can ride 200 miles on the stock seat without it bothering me. On trips with the wife and tour pak i run a reach with memory foam by mean city.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »

Ship it to Alligator Bob,, (who is a forum member) Have him install a Pro Pad, You'll think you have a new seat, Night/Day difference  :2vrolijk_21:
alligatorbob.com
Alligator Bob makes some very cool seats. I called them about a year ago about making a custom seat for me that would match my bike colors.

Although I didn't pull the trigger it was awesome to hear from a custom seat builder that he wanted to have my bike to ensure perfect fit and perfect color match.

Doesn't sound like your run of the mill seat guy!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »

Alligator Bob did my seat!  I sent him my reach seat and he tore that seat down removing 6 lbs of foam  :o He added the pro pad and covered it in buffalo hide.  It's the best seat I've ever rode on now!
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:21:12 AM »

I have the Mustang vintage solo 17" on my 12  and a 15" on my 03 RKC!!  I use the same rear seat Mustang for both bikes!!!  For the money I think its hard to beat out of the box seat Mustang!!!  I rode to Sturgis also no issues!!  I am 6'4" 275 and had no issues !!!

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »

I'm another fan of the Vintage
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 08:42:38 AM »

My stock seat is catching dust in the closet (really, it's in a box in plastic...).  Before Vickie's first really long trip last year, we did an out and back (two day) ride to Tunica, MS of about 940 miles round trip.  The stock seat wasn't cutting it for me or her.  I've owned a couple Corbin seats over the years and put many miles on both of them.  However, I didn't go that route this time.  I did the demo seat deal with K'ville HD and rode the Sundowner for a week.  I liked it as it put me up a bit higher and Vickie was very comfortable.  Put it on July 2013 before our Sturgis trip and it's been great.  Absolutely no sore butts even after a couple 550 mile days.  Never put the stock seat back on.  IMO, it's the best seat I've ever had from the MoCo and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg like a Corbin.  The demo seat deal is a great option to try before you buy.  You still may not like anything that's available but at least your aren't out $???.?? and realize the seat you just purchased sucks....

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

I've logged a lot of miles on my Corbin and think it's a great seat, comfort and looks.  I've read a lot of reviews on the Russell Day Long and think I might try one.  Only problem is the looks, but I guess you can't see it while your sitting on it!

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »

+1 on a Mustang.  I have had a corbin (too hard)......Ultimate (too soft)........and I can't recommend a backrest enough!  And if "monkey butt" is your issue try a $40 set of beads first...may seem counter intuitive but after 100K + of riding that's the only thing I've ever owned that fixed that problem.  http://www.beadrider.com/  I would recommend you go with the "wood"....as the ceramic holds heat and they will burn you if left in the sun. 

Here is my thread on my 12' RG seat replacement:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=86895.msg1155456#msg1155456
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »

I too got rid of the stock seat within a month of buying my bike. Looked good, but no support at all. I ended up selling it and the sissy bar on the Marketplace here.

I went with a nice, orange/silver flame-stitched Corbin DualTour with rider and passenger back rests, and a matching TP backrest for when I have the TP on. I got lucky and found it in the Marketplace here. It's GREAT for me, but not good at all for the BSR... the rear seat is narrow, hard, and slopes forward, which causes the BSR to slide forward.

I also have a Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage seat, with a matching Mustang TP backrest for when I have a BSR. It's good for me (but not as good as the Corbin DualTour) but it's GREAT for the BSR. The rear is nice and wide, amply padded, and is flat - as it should be. My BSRs love the Mustang!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »

I've logged a lot of miles on my Corbin and think it's a great seat, comfort and looks.  I've read a lot of reviews on the Russell Day Long and think I might try one.  Only problem is the looks, but I guess you can't see it while your sitting on it!

Cowboy

Has anyone tried the Russell Day Long?   Do they redo the stock seat?  (Which I hated and sold).   Can they do a riders backrest?   

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »

I too, have the Mustang Wide Vintage with Backrest, and the Beadrider Ceramic beads........great combination!
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.