Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn 3144 Curved License Plate Frame  (Read 2708 times)

tpseabird

Kuryakyn 3144 Curved License Plate Frame
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »

Kuryakyn list the 3144 and 3146 license plate frame as plug and play for the 2013, but the 3146 mounting bracket has a goofy chrome piece above the plate. I understand this piece covers the holes on the fender from the HD light harness, but is there a bracket out there that allows a clean install of just the 3144 LED plate frame without the goofy mounting plate? I don't like the Yaffe plate so that is out. Any thoughts?

I already searched the forums and found a few folks that have just the frame, but no luck finding a bracket other than home made versions, which I'm guessing aren't for sale. Any help would be great.

Semper Paratus! 
Semper Paratus!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Kuryakyn 3144 Curved License Plate Frame
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »

Yaffee.  No holes to hide.   And it looks great.     Very clean also.   I have chrome,, I've seen where some have had them painted to match their bikes.   They look good too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:15:51 PM by cvostu »

tpseabird

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »

Maybe I just need to see it in person, but I'm not a fan of the Yaffe plate.
Semper Paratus!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »

Maybe I just need to see it in person, but I'm not a fan of the Yaffe plate.

I've seen all kinds of aftermarket plates on CVO's, for me, none come close to the clean look of the Yaffee...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »

Kuryakyn list the 3144 and 3146 license plate frame as plug and play for the 2013, but the 3146 mounting bracket has a goofy chrome piece above the plate. I understand this piece covers the holes on the fender from the HD light harness, but is there a bracket out there that allows a clean install of just the 3144 LED plate frame without the goofy mounting plate? I don't like the Yaffe plate so that is out. Any thoughts?

I already searched the forums and found a few folks that have just the frame, but no luck finding a bracket other than home made versions, which I'm guessing aren't for sale. Any help would be great.

Semper Paratus!

I'm with you on that. The Yaffe has the "cats eye". If it were a regular opening, it would be fine. I did start building my own but got sidetracked with fab work on my car. I wanted to fit something tight to the fender using a rubber seal. Found what I needed but it was too big. Lost interest there and now its riding season. You are just up the road from me. Maybe we can get together and mod the Yaffe or design something from scratch? I piddle on that kind of thing in the winter.
The plate and bracket/cover will fit over the mounting holes and cover them......who knows why Kury had to put that piece up there! Aside from that theirs would work for me too.
RETIRED! :fireman:

tpseabird

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

I'm with you on that. The Yaffe has the "cats eye". If it were a regular opening, it would be fine. I did start building my own but got sidetracked with fab work on my car. I wanted to fit something tight to the fender using a rubber seal. Found what I needed but it was too big. Lost interest there and now its riding season. You are just up the road from me. Maybe we can get together and mod the Yaffe or design something from scratch? I piddle on that kind of thing in the winter.
The plate and bracket/cover will fit over the mounting holes and cover them......who knows why Kury had to put that piece up there! Aside from that theirs would work for me too.

I've sent a few PM's to site members that appear to have fabricated a mount that accepts the 3144, but no reply yet. I'm game for trying to design something. Seems like a fairly straight forward mount.
Semper Paratus!

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.