Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hood Riding Jeans  (Read 1622 times)

Timbuck2

• AK

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Hood Riding Jeans
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:57:55 AM »

After seeing a friend with some very serious road rash, I decided to look into riding jeans since I don't always wear leathers and wanted some added protection.  I have been riding bikes for the better part of my life and so far have been fortunate to keep them upright.  Initially, I looked at several different brands and Hood Jeans seemed to have the best coverage of any jean I found.  I bought a pair of the K7's about a year ago and have had the opportunity to give them a pretty good test, minus sliding down the highway. They have solid coverage down to about mid-shin/calf area front and back.   They don't have the seams like Draggin' jeans and some others and look like a normal pair of blue jeans.  I'm getting older and "normal" works for me.  They were not the cheapest and not the most expensive and they can be ordered with or without hip and knee protection.  I ordered mine without and they were about $200 bucks.  Free shipping also helps.   They are made in the UK and have super fast shipping.  I had mine in hand, in Alaska, in two days.  Communication via email with the company was great and they answered all of my questions.  The jeans are made with a military grade, ballistic fiber that is extremely durable.  I have worn them a bunch and washed them a bunch all summer long and they still look like a fairly new pair of heavy duty denim jeans.   The seams are double stitched and the pockets are heavy duty denim.  I ordered my normal size and they were spot on.    The only downside is that they are warm.  I don't have the lowers on my bike so the added airflow helps cool things down.   I have not compared these to any other riding jean, but I can say these are a very good product.   

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.