Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bought the Carbon Fiber inner fairing trim kit....Houston....we have a problem!  (Read 1982 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I bought this mainly to cover up a small scratch by the dummy buttons...and it did that!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/inner-fairing-trim-panels-pa-04-61400334--1

I figured since it matched the upper dash was carbon fiber this would accent it nicely.....except....the left side of the kit has no hole for the CB port.  Harley...you said it fits the CVO Street glide, but it doesn't.  I've got the lower dash pieces on and it looks great.  $125 to use part of it....I'm contimpleting trying to drill a hole in it....

rockyhd

• CVO1: 2015 CVO STREET GLIDE 117 ci SE RACE KIT

l bought the same carbon fiber set and drill a hole in it and it looks great .

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

l bought the same carbon fiber set and drill a hole in it and it looks great .

Any pics?  What type of bit did you use?

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

I know a minimum of dust from just a hole, but do not breathe any dust that exists. It is one of those evil dusts that will not come out of your lungs, for a long long time. Kind of makes you feel bad as well. This comes from cutting a hole in a hood for scoop which created alot more dust, But as far as drilling or cutting it, no problem, much like fiberglass, just put tape on both sides of the area to prevent shards from scratching and cracking the finish. Just like you would do on plexiglass or a painted piece of fiberglass.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.