Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEMS  (Read 28904 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEMS
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »

Based on that, it appears that they at least understand that the clutch switch can be affected by whatever "pin" they're talking about.  Wonder why they don't also understand that the clutch switch will also affect the cruise control.  I'd still suggest getting whatever "pin" they're talking about fixed, and having them verify the clutch switch operation, before looking for problems with the PC.  The clutch switch is still the number one suspect, IMHO.

Jerry

I have had this happen three times and each time it was corrected by changing the trottle control switch (right handle bar.)  You can test this by unplugging this switch wire located on the right hand side of the bike right in front of the tank on the right side of the main front fork.  Take it for a ride if it stops going off of cruise then it is that switch

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

They're fixing the clutch pin and the left blinker (which went out last week) tomorrow.  Along with the seat and the back rest, and hopefully the cruise control...

A reasonable person could come to the conclusion that since the problem occurred only when the PCV was plugged into the bike during the time we ran it on the dyno, that it is a PCV issue.  But since we put a new PCV in, and no one else running a PCV seems to be having this problem then it would seem that it's an HD issue somewhere.

I guess we'll know more in the next few days.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »

The clutch switch is still the number one suspect, IMHO.

Jerry

Actually might be; even when considering the sixth gear light going out.  Only supposition of course.  The light works when the ratio of engine rpm and highway speed are within the predetermined range.  So I was making the assumption that the clutch switch wouldn't override the system reading that comparison and still think the bike was in sixth.  But the software could just as easily be programmed to assume neutral or otherwise out of range when it's signaled that the clutch is engaged.

Anyone ever tried this?  If you're on the highway in sixth and need to gear down does the sixth gear idiot light go out immediately upon pulling in the clutch lever or only after the highway speed relative to engine RPM has dropped?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »

If you're on the highway in sixth and need to gear down does the sixth gear idiot light go out immediately upon pulling in the clutch lever or only after the highway speed relative to engine RPM has dropped?

09 SEUC

Pull in clutch, 6th gear light goes out.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »

09 SEUC

Pull in clutch, 6th gear light goes out.

SBB

Thanks Chip.  So the clutch switch itself would account for both dropping the sixth gear light and disengaging the cruise control.  Could've been programmed either way.  Nice to know how it works :2vrolijk_21: .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »

Thanks Chip.  So the clutch switch itself would account for both dropping the sixth gear light and disengaging the cruise control  Yes, that also!.  Could've been programmed either way.  Nice to know how it works :2vrolijk_21: .

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »

No luck with the dealer as of yesterday.  Still can't figure out why the left blinker won't work, and still can't pin point why the 6th speed light and cruise cut out when the PCV is plugged in.  The dealer is simply putting the blame on the PCV, but there is something going on between the way the PCV and the ECM are communicating.  I'm not sure either one is "broken", just not talking :nixweiss:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.