Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: How I bought a Streetglide  (Read 7943 times)

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
Re: How I bought a Streetglide
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »

I have seen the Hard Candy and the Black/Brown....they are both sharp looking.

On the hunt to see the Blue/Lava and Yellow/Black.

So far the one I like is the one that is in front of me.......its almost like beer....my favorite beer is the one I am drinking now. :drink:

I wouldn't call it blue lava, but more like a purple lava, but i must say in person it was very sharp.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »

I wouldn't call it blue lava, but more like a purple lava, but i must say in person it was very sharp.

Thanks for the heads-up

This could get interesting......as some people have an open bias toward BLUE ....I happen to be married to one that is all into PURPLE

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up

This could get interesting......as some people have an open bias toward BLUE ....I happen to be married to one that is all into PURPLE

Well you'll have to take a serious look at it as my eyes aren't the greatest LOL. I swear it looks dark purple to me, the wife says the same, either way it is sharp regardless.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »

The first dealer really spent sometime going over my bike and wrote a number down of $26K and said "I knows that a lot of money"

That's a pretty good deal bro!, I know cause I just closed the deal on my Hard Candy Street Glide for 27K cash + my trade, but I got a few extras in there too;
7 year extended service plan
4 point dock
short sissy bar & seat matching backrest
long angled highway pegs
all installed for free while we finished the paper work,
I wanted the matching passenger floor boards too but they are back ordered with no date, I was going to move the supplied passenger pegs up front for my high way pegs, they felt bad they could not deliver so they gave me a cheap pair of o-ring pegs to use until mine come in, how sweet is that  :)
Real nice purchasing experience and they treated me like a king
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »

That's a pretty good deal bro!, I know cause I just closed the deal on my Hard Candy Street Glide for 27K cash + my trade, but I got a few extras in there too;
7 year extended service plan
4 point dock
short sissy bar & seat matching backrest
long angled highway pegs
all installed for free while we finished the paper work,
I wanted the matching passenger floor boards too but they are back ordered with no date, I was going to move the supplied passenger pegs up front for my high way pegs, they felt bad they could not deliver so they gave me a cheap pair of o-ring pegs to use until mine come in, how sweet is that  :)
Real nice purchasing experience and they treated me like a king
So you basically got what the bike should have come with in the first place for 37k.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:41 PM »

EAGLE1: So you got about $10k for your trade?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »

So you basically got what the bike should have come with in the first place for 37k.

that's what I told them, so they were very fair

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »

that's what I told them, so they were very fair
Indeed. Pretty frustrated with Harley right now. They leave much to be desired for the premiums they fetch.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »

EAGLE1: So you got about $10k for your trade?

no 14, that's why I jumped on it, don't forget sales tax & service plan is another 3K

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »

no 14, that's why I jumped on it, don't forget sales tax & service plan is another 3K

Great.. Good deal and enjoy.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »

Congrats!  :2vrolijk_21: Keep us posted. I was at a dealer today and they have the HK Mercury on the showroom floor, it's really nice!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »

Indeed. Pretty frustrated with Harley right now. They leave much to be desired for the premiums they fetch.

Life is to short bro, I don't sweat the small chit any more, yea I paid msrp, and I know a lot of stuff has been removed but I took it with a smile on my face and my dealer bent over backwards to accommodate me, 15% off all my extra bolt on's and free installation while I waited. The way I justified it in my mind was that they also added a lot as well with the twin cooling and infotainment, so it's all just a compromise in the long run.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

Life is to short bro, I don't sweat the small chit any more, yea I paid msrp, and I know a lot of stuff has been removed but I took it with a smile on my face and my dealer bent over backwards to accommodate me, 15% off all my extra bolt on's and free installation while I waited. The way I justified it in my mind was that they also added a lot as well with the twin cooling and infotainment, so it's all just a compromise in the long run.

If I could have them add my 13's, my color matched tour pak, my LED tour pak lights, my head work, my exhaust, my cams, my tune, my tuner, my passenger floorboards, my windshield, 4 point docking kit, passenger sissy bar and pad, and my seat for the price they require I would do it. I can't see trading otherwise for a new radio/gps and a slot in the fairing. Too much to change to make it mine again. It will have to be some significant changes to pull me away and get me to start all over.

If it works FOR YOU though, that's what matters. Best of luck!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »

If I could have them add my 13's, my color matched tour pak, my LED tour pak lights, my head work, my exhaust, my cams, my tune, my tuner, my passenger floorboards, my windshield, 4 point docking kit, passenger sissy bar and pad, and my seat for the price they require I would do it. I can't see trading otherwise for a new radio/gps and a slot in the fairing. Too much to change to make it mine again. It will have to be some significant changes to pull me away and get me to start all over.

If it works FOR YOU though, that's what matters. Best of luck!

I totally see your position, way too much to invested, I was actually looking for a 2012 Citrus SG all summer long and ever time I found one something happened and it fell through, got to the point that the 2015's were coming out so I decided to just wait and see and now I'm glad I did, not a big loss for me coming off an 06, now I get to start my OCD all over  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

by the way I think the 2012's had the best colors for the SG EVER!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:07:19 PM by EAGLE1 »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »

I totally see your position, way too much to invested, I was actually looking for a 2012 Citrus SG all summer long and ever time I found one something happened and it fell through, got to the point that the 2015's were coming out so I decided to just wait and see and now I'm glad I did, not a big loss for me coming off an 06, now I get to start my OCD all over  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

Totally different scenario you were in and I don't blame you at all. I actually prefer my colors to any of the 15's but of course it would be nice to have the new amenities but just weren't enough to pull me outta mine. Now if they had made a color combo I couldn't walk away from, well I would be broke right now lol.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.