Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How I bought a Streetglide  (Read 7935 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: How I bought a Streetglide
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

Totally different scenario you were in and I don't blame you at all. I actually prefer my colors to any of the 15's but of course it would be nice to have the new amenities but just weren't enough to pull me outta mine. Now if they had made a color combo I couldn't walk away from, well I would be broke right now lol.

Totally agree with you I think the 2012's had the best colors for the SG EVER!  :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

Totally agree with you I think the 2012's had the best colors for the SG EVER!  :drink:

Are you going to do any engine mods?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »

Are you going to do any engine mods?

I'm not sure yet going to feel her out with just some pipes and a tune and see how that works, also going to do the king tour pack for the long hauls and a solo seat with a back rest
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »

I'm not sure yet going to feel her out with just some pipes and a tune and see how that works, also going to do the king tour pack for the long hauls and a solo seat with a back rest

I think that's the way to go. Keep us posted.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »

If I could have them add my 13's, my color matched tour pak, my LED tour pak lights, my head work, my exhaust, my cams, my tune, my tuner, my passenger floorboards, my windshield, 4 point docking kit, passenger sissy bar and pad, and my seat for the price they require I would do it. I can't see trading otherwise for a new radio/gps and a slot in the fairing. Too much to change to make it mine again. It will have to be some significant changes to pull me away and get me to start all over.

If it works FOR YOU though, that's what matters. Best of luck!

Know what you mean....I was on the bubble knowing that since my limited had over 80k, it was time to throw some money into it.  I figured to do what I wanted to do I would budget $15K.  New motor, rebuild tranny & primary, extended saddle bag, fresh paint and new seat.  This would have been this winter's project.

But with the 2015's I gain (hopefully) better suspension, linked brakes, water cooled heads, LED lights, better sound system, 2 year warranty and a CVO badge...all for just another $11K...and if I keep the bike for 5 years....that around $6 a day....less than a pack of cigarette. (I know this is BS.....I have been diagnosed with stage 4 NMS and you can't take it with you....New Motorcycle Syndrome)

Jim

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »

Know what you mean....I was on the bubble knowing that since my limited had over 80k, it was time to throw some money into it.  I figured to do what I wanted to do I would budget $15K.  New motor, rebuild tranny & primary, extended saddle bag, fresh paint and new seat.  This would have been this winter's project.

But with the 2015's I gain (hopefully) better suspension, linked brakes, water cooled heads, LED lights, better sound system, 2 year warranty and a CVO badge...all for just another $11K...and if I keep the bike for 5 years....that around $6 a day....less than a pack of cigarette. (I know this is BS.....I have been diagnosed with stage 4 NMS and you can't take it with you....New Motorcycle Syndrome)

Jim
I would have done the same thing in your shoes. I'm riding a 12 with 23k so a little different scenario.

If they make a cvo limited low with stretched bags I'm in trouble.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

I doubt any of those purchasing scenarios would work at my local dealership but if/when the time comes again I’m going to find out. They may not have the sales volume of many shops due to being northeast in the williwacks - I’m not certain. I do know I was impressed over several visits when I checked the used bike section – they sold plenty of traded bikes in recent months and cleaned the place out. I‘ve got a lot of cash tied up in mods on the ’13 already and haven’t even gotten into the engine yet. I plan to keep this bike until I can’t ride anymore, but this doesn’t rule out adding another CVO later.
As far as 2015 CVO’s go – I’ve only seen the Hard Candy Mercury Street Glide and that was outstanding. I’m sure the other paint looks great as well, but I think it would be difficult to beat the silver version Cat Eyes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.