Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 14 SGS to 15 SG CVO, I must be crazy  (Read 9347 times)

mwg

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG "Beast"
Re: 14 SGS to 15 SG CVO, I must be crazy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »

Like others have said if you can afford it go for it..

But you can do a whole lot of things to your current bike for $15K... motor, paint, chrome... but in reality that extra $15K for a CVO will end up being and extra $18K after pipes, a tune, and whatever you will want to do to it to make it your own.

I think if I had it to all over again I would probably buy a SGS and modify the H311 out if it....

Good Luck
RLTW

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »

I recall walking into my dealership to check on my ’11 RG Ultra, which was having Daymakers installed. I viewed the Tribal Orange FLHTCUSE8 on the floor, looked at the selling information and recall thinking ‘I’d never pay that much for a motorcycle’… Then I flew west on a business trip and thought about it more and more. I ended up making the deal over various phone calls, doing my best to hammer the trade and details. There are no great deals probably, but it got done. I could afford it and don’t have regrets.  Then I found the forum on line and started reading everything in the archives about the 110 engine – LOL. As an observation from your post T, I’d say you’ll be riding a 15 SG CVO soon enough. If it were me and it was important enough to promote so much thought I’d make the deal.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »

As far as the amp taking up space: BFD! If you need that extra space put more crap in your pants pocket because that is about the amount of space they take. Sheesh! I swear to the heavens we can come up with more reasons to gripe than any group I have ever met...at least those who stand up to pee. If you like the bike and financially you can swing it then just enjoy and quit listening to Dave Ramsey.  He is going out of this world with just as much as a homeless person. I work in a geriatric field. Believe me life is short. Play hard. Spook.

I think that's one of the best posts I've ever read, on any forum! :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »

I think that's one of the best posts I've ever read, on any forum! :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

X2 Ken. Big whoop! I have an amp in my bag and after several trips and 18K miles in the last 2 summers I haven't even said when packing, if only this amp wasn't here I could fit this extra item.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »

X2 Ken. Big whoop! I have an amp in my bag and after several trips and 18K miles in the last 2 summers I haven't even said when packing, if only this amp wasn't here I could fit this extra item.

Jesse

Never noticed the amp....except when the double sided tape let go and the amp rubbed a hole in the saddlebag on Orlando trip a year or so ago.  Otherwise, once repaired/bag replaced, not issues.
Really, I use the saddlebags for riding essentials so as not to use them for packing on long trips.  Plenty of room in the saddlebags for those items (daily and trip related).  I've got a large HD bag to sit on the detachable rack for the clothes and such on a long trip....

.....getting back on subject and after revisiting my original post on this thread, I'm sticking with waiting for ya tlr.  Looks like you have motor-vated to that same conclusion.  Good luck on whatever path you choose.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:50:13 AM by Haird »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »

Never noticed the amp....except when the double sided tape let go and the amp rubbed a hole in the saddlebag on Orlando trip a year or so ago.  Otherwise, once repaired/bag replaced, not issues.
Really, I use the saddlebags for riding essentials so as not to use them for packing on long trips.  Plenty of room in the saddlebags for those items (daily and trip related).  I've got a large HD bag to sit on the detachable rack for the clothes and such on a long trip....

I ride 2 up 90% of the time. That means my wife packs all of her stuff in addition to mine. We use a saddlemen on top of the tour pak for clothes and pack the tour pak with chaps, etc. We each have a saddlebag. We always have plenty of room to bring home stuff from trips.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Rkw

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »

It's laughable that Spook picks up on my amp comment based on a post that addresses a guy who was on the fence about trading a 14 SGS for a 15 CVO. Then, two others chime in who ride with tour packs and a bag on top of the rack. Last I checked, my bike has 2 saddlebags and I fit what goes in the bags only; otherwise, I'd get an Ultra.

So, unless you want to ride a bike loaded down to the T with your gear, I travel quite a bit with lightweight camping gear and layer clothing and use the space that exists within my bags, not adding travel packs, bungee cords, etc.

The main issue was the cost to the guy if trading. As I said at first, if you have the money, it doesn't matter; otherwise it made no financial sense.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 09:18:32 PM »

It's laughable that Spook picks up on my amp comment based on a post that addresses a guy who was on the fence about trading a 14 SGS for a 15 CVO. Then, two others chime in who ride with tour packs and a bag on top of the rack. Last I checked, my bike has 2 saddlebags and I fit what goes in the bags only; otherwise, I'd get an Ultra.

So, unless you want to ride a bike loaded down to the T with your gear, I travel quite a bit with lightweight camping gear and layer clothing and use the space that exists within my bags, not adding travel packs, bungee cords, etc.

The main issue was the cost to the guy if trading. As I said at first, if you have the money, it doesn't matter; otherwise it made no financial sense.

If you're buying the CVO SG for a bar hopper, wth do you care about bag space for anyway????

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »

If you're buying the CVO SG for a bar hopper, with do you care about bag space for anyway????

I agree with that as well.  for longer trips I put on my pillion and backrest and throw my backpack on the back.  issue solved, for me anyways.  I did look in the bag and you do give up space.  to me it looked about the same about of space as a standard (not stretched) saddlebag.  all good.

T

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

If you have a boatload of money, like some of the respondents so far, then why worry about it?  If you are a mere mortal like most, and eating a significant loss would hurt the family budget, then I'd suggest doing what's right for the family as a whole, not just what makes you happy for the moment.  I've seen too many people get carried away by the inability to be satisfied with what they have, be it bikes, cars, homes, girlfriends and wives, whatever.  Since I don't know you or your situation, I can't pretend to have a solid recommendation for you, and neither can the other strangers on the site.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

Yawn....

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »

This 2015 CVO Street Glide dealer quote was provided today: (Yellow/Black)

$36,349.00 (Apparently the original msrp was lower for some colors $35,499), but recently raised across the board-dealer caught this, this morning
      300.00 (Dealer Processing Charge-not required by law-this fee depends on your state)
      435.00 (Freight Charge)
      465.00 (Dealer Prep Charge)
      226.00 (Tag/Title/Transfer/Lien Fees=will vary based on your state)
   1,118.94  (Tax, based on $18K trade for a '14 SG w/ABS and Security[bike is not a SG Special] w/13K miles and counting)

Total Price $38,893.94      '

Some thoughts: Please provide some honest feedback/suggestion to the forum

My pet peeve is the Dealer Processing Charge and Dealer Prep Charges. Agree/Disagree?

Service:1K break-in which will set you back $300.00 or so; and $300+ every 5K miles thereafter while under warranty if dealer serviced 2 yr/24K warranty--5 dealer service visits if you ride the warranty limit in 2 years)

The tax figure (6%) listed above is based on the difference between line 1 and 2 and $18K trade value; tax rate will vary (based on your state law-higher or lower tax rate);

Refundable $500.00 Down payment to hold

What are your thoughts? Feedback? Haggling? Deal you got?

Can someone share what they paid as outlined above? Real figures they paid/are paying.

What are you paying for a extended service plan (ESP) on a new bike---I have never purchased this in the past. What does it cover? I am not a fan of warranty plans, but you may be?

The consensus favorite color seems to be the Hard Candy???
I say if you can swing it, jump all over it and enjoy! I assume you are not buying it to be your only mode of transportation but your toy/hobby/passion like most of us so don't worry about what other people think or say, just enjoy every part of getting such a beautiful bike and go ride the he-- out of it!
Alan

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »

you guys are all getting screwed...im trading my 2 year old bike and getting a brand new one and the dealer is giving me 3 thousand dollars to do any mods i want just because they like me :P  :soapbox:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »

you guys are all getting screwed...im trading my 2 year old bike and getting a brand new one and the dealer is giving me 3 thousand dollars to do any mods i want just because they like me :P  :soapbox:

Dillon Brothers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.