Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opinion On 15 Paint Set/Color  (Read 3586 times)

speeder

• Junior CVO Member
Opinion On 15 Paint Set/Color
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:35:27 AM »

Curious what color 15 CVO Street Glide most of you are favoring? I have personally only seen the Blue/Orange in person so far. Great looking bike but I'm not a fan of those particular colors. Seems like a lot of hype has built up for the Hard Candy. I haven't been a fan of the HC paints in the past. How does it look in person? Does it look like a disco ball rolling down the road?  ;D or is it more subdued? You can never go wrong with Black and it always looks good. Seems like no one is talking about the Yellow. Even in the past it seems Yellow CVO's have had a luke warm following.
Which color do you think will turn out to be this years best seller or most popular/in demand as well as when it's a few years old?  Me personally I'm having a hard time deciding .....

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
Re: Opinion On 15 Paint Set/Color
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »

I am having a similar dilemma.  I have seen the black.  It is actually very nice.  I like the offsetting color of the flames. I would call it subdued.  I have also seen the silver. Wow, pop, wham.  it is a lot of flake and it stands out, especially up close.  I have not seen in the sun.  it is dramatic.  I have not seen the yellow or the blue.  I don't think I like the yellow.  I could like the blue, but in pic it has a certain purple hue and I am not a fan of that.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »

I have seen the Hard Candy and Black.

The Hard Candy look silver from a distance....but when you get close the depth of the metal flake and flames really come out.

The Black is also a good looking bike.

So far I could live with either!

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »

I’ve only viewed the Mercury/Smokey Quartz Street Glide at my local dealership. I thought it was nice looking but I didn’t want to run over and talk trade over it. Looking at photographs of other paint schemes I believe this would be my choice though... One fine looking scooter!

mark

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

From the pics, it's the hard candy silver for me.  I get the impression this will be the most popular based on previous comments.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »

The silver bike seems more completely coordinated of all the colors with chrome fork uppers and granite motor.

speeder

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:54 PM »

I'm 50/50 between the Black or Silver.
My dealer said he thought the Black had a maroon hue to it? For those who have seen it in person is it a true Black? Also how overwhelming is the Silver hard candy paint?
Thanks

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »

I think the Blue/Orange & Yellow/black are just a bit too over the top in contrast, The classic Black will always sell but the HC Silver/black is right at that threshold, and Silver/black combo is always a very classy looking combo, so its been dominating the sales  :coolblue:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 08:30:35 AM »

My dealer said he thought the Black had a maroon hue to it? For those who have seen it in person is it a true Black? Also how overwhelming is the Silver hard candy paint?
Thanks

I saw both in person. The black to me does not have any maroon hue to it. Not that I can see. It is also not the vivid black. it has some sparkle to it, but very slight.
The silver pops off the bike. 3D like affect, striking, makes you look closer. is it too much? beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. it may be for some, although i have not heard that and I don't feel that way.

speeder

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »

Thanks for all the replies do far. My dealer has a Silver one coming in about 2 weeks. I would have to give a deposit sight unseen before it sells to someone else. If I hold out for the Black one it's not coming till about December/January.....
Tough decisions..... But good a one to have  :)

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »

Buy the silver one and don't look back.  Looks great in the garage...much less the sun!  Spook

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:05 PM »

Buy the silver one and don't look back.  Looks great in the garage...much less the sun!  Spook

What he said  :huepfenlol2:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Philip

• CVO1: 2017 Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:21 PM »

I have decided on the Mercury bike. My Issue with the Black bike is the standard controls. If they would step up & black chrome them then my opinion would change. Looks like Dec for delivery unless I get lucky. My dealer has 5 stores so I have a good chance of an earlier delivery.
2017 CVO Street Glide (Current)
2015 CVO Street Glide
2010 CVO Street Glide
2009 Softail Rocker

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »

Thanks for all the replies do far. My dealer has a Silver one coming in about 2 weeks. I would have to give a deposit sight unseen before it sells to someone else. If I hold out for the Black one it's not coming till about December/January.....
Tough decisions..... But good a one to have  :)

This is an easy one! Leave the deposit now on the HK Mercury, if you don't like it pass and let the deposit ride until the black one comes in. Good luck.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 01:32:40 AM »

I have decided on the Mercury bike. My Issue with the Black bike is the standard controls. If they would step up & black chrome them then my opinion would change. Looks like Dec for delivery unless I get lucky. My dealer has 5 stores so I have a good chance of an earlier delivery.

Yes I agree with you !
Those standard controls look terrible compared to chrome on the Silver and Blue
Bikes ! 

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.