Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...  (Read 19075 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: FYI...It's official...price increase on 2015 CVO as of this morning...
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:31 PM »

With those numbersd I'd hold out. If enough people hold out they'll maybe they'll come back down to reality.
Time to give HD a check with this outrageous pricing and dealer mark ups.
I went to the dealer to try and make a deal on a 14 limited,  they told me they were flying off the floor while they had 22 in stock, so they weren't making any deals on them. Well, needless to say they still have 15 of those 22 limiteds in stock now which they are having trouble unloading.
If they keep this up they're going to have a lot of 2014 2015 and possibly 2016 in stock at the same time.
Now I'm going to wait until December to try and make a deal on a 2015 limited.
14 limiteds are going for 25800 here.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

King2013

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »

14 limiteds are going for 25800 here.
Probably why there's so many of them still in dealers stock.
Not much less than a 15' which I think offers better colors.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »

Probably why there's so many of them still in dealers stock.
Not much less than a 15' which I think offers better colors.
2k isn't much money to you? I liked the 14 Daytona blue limited
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:48:52 PM by Jswerve »

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »

Harley will keep on jacking up the prices until people stop buying them.  Anyone who doesn't understand how Harley operates by now has either been sleeping for the past couple decades, or just hasn't been paying attention.

When the price of the toys finally gets to the point where average folks can't justify the outlay, or can't get the credit, then prices will stabilize. 

Jerry

X2.

As I do agree with the above quote when I agreed to my final price by the time I did get my ride the Canadian dollar gain a bit on the U.S. dollar saving me over a $1000.00 bucks. The Harley dealer told me and gave it to me. I did not ask for it.

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »

I've been waiting for the CVO Street Glide to come back and jumped on the oportunity to buy one.  Got the hard candy for $39750.00 tax, tags, setup, etc..  Ater all the extras (high flow exhaust + super tuner, color matching chopped tour pack with spoiler and led break light, dockin h/w, day maker leds, air defectors, etc)  my final bill 47K.  I saved for a few years and knew what I wanted and my dealership called me so I got the first one to arrive.  It helps the dealership is in York County PA where the bike was made.
2015 CVO Street Glide

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2014, 05:15:08 AM »

I've been waiting for the CVO Street Glide to come back and jumped on the oportunity to buy one.  Got the hard candy for $39750.00 tax, tags, setup, etc..  Ater all the extras (high flow exhaust + super tuner, color matching chopped tour pack with spoiler and led break light, dockin h/w, day maker leds, air defectors, etc)  my final bill 47K.  I saved for a few years and knew what I wanted and my dealership called me so I got the first one to arrive.  It helps the dealership is in York County PA where the bike was made.
Now here's someone with a plan, I hope you enjoy your new ride! Definitely post some picks when you get a hold of it.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »

I was @ the HD Dealer over the weekend ask about the price increase he showed me the stickers to fix the books and he called it a Misprint in the book when printed ???.
DND

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »

I just did some figuring.....Buy a CVO Street Glide or Buy a regular Street Glide and get a V-Rod for FREE.

mark

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »

I just did some figuring.....Buy a CVO Street Glide or Buy a regular Street Glide and get a V-Rod for FREE.
You've finally come up with a way for the MoCo to get rid of them.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »

:D    :beerchug:

King2013

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »

2k isn't much money to you? I liked the 14 Daytona blue limited

2k?
Black 2014 msrp $25.9
Black 2015 dealer quoted msrp of $26.1
200.00 difference.
When spending 25k+ on any toy is 2k really that much money?
We all spend at least 2k on these bikes as soon as we buy them anyway.

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »

Just reading this makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I spent $32K and some change on Ginger....most I've ever spent on anything with just two wheels....and after 2 1/2 years, I'm still tickled with her.  But three of the four '15 CVO's are within a wild hair of the $40K mark.  At what point do we stop answering the price increase call? 
Was out yesterday visiting SMHD on a very nice riding day in East Tennessee.  They had two new left over '14 CVO's at a discount (the white softail and the green SERK....the MoCo musta either built WAY to many in the green, people are still leary of a green motorcycle or it's just the color folks don't motivate to as this color seems to be the one remaining in most dealerships...I think it's a very nice color, BTW).  Anyway, they also had a couple nice used ones.  One blue '11 SEEG with 5,900 miles on the clock for $29K and one red '14 SE Limited with 6,400 miles on the clock for $35K.  The '14 is a "steal" at that price and mileage level.  Already $3-4K less than new list and it's still basically a new scooter.  At the current outrageous price point and sure to be greatly increased future price increase, It makes so much more sense these days to wait until the new has worn off the current model year OR watch the books/dealerships for the one your really want and get the used trailer/garage queen for much less than list.

OK, off my soapbox.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »

2k?
Black 2014 msrp $25.9
Black 2015 dealer quoted msrp of $26.1
200.00 difference.
When spending 25k+ on any toy is 2k really that much money?
We all spend at least 2k on these bikes as soon as we buy them anyway.
Yes 2k and yes it would. But that's me and you're entitled to be you. The highlighted comment is my point in itself. That's 2k you could use for mods. I don't really remember how we got to this point but if you are ok with I sure don't mind not my money. What ever you decide, enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:50:04 PM by Jswerve »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »

Just reading this makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I spent $32K and some change on Ginger....most I've ever spent on anything with just two wheels....and after 2 1/2 years, I'm still tickled with her.  But three of the four '15 CVO's are within a wild hair of the $40K mark.  At what point do we stop answering the price increase call? 
Was out yesterday visiting SMHD on a very nice riding day in East Tennessee.  They had two new left over '14 CVO's at a discount (the white softail and the green SERK....the MoCo musta either built WAY to many in the green, people are still leary of a green motorcycle or it's just the color folks don't motivate to as this color seems to be the one remaining in most dealerships...I think it's a very nice color, BTW).  Anyway, they also had a couple nice used ones.  One blue '11 SEEG with 5,900 miles on the clock for $29K and one red '14 SE Limited with 6,400 miles on the clock for $35K.  The '14 is a "steal" at that price and mileage level.  Already $3-4K less than new list and it's still basically a new scooter.  At the current outrageous price point and sure to be greatly increased future price increase, It makes so much more sense these days to wait until the new has worn off the current model year OR watch the books/dealerships for the one your really want and get the used trailer/garage queen for much less than list.

OK, off my soapbox.

For some people here, money isn't a problem. I can't really relate to that because I have never been in their shoes. I will just comment on this from a blue collar workers position who also happens to be raising 3 kids. I had to trade in my 09 FLHX that wasn't paid for but had plenty of equity to get into this bike. I have to make payments for 5 years to do it.  I was ok with paying the CVO premium, at least for the SG, when it was south of 35k new. I guess I learned this year that being north of 35k and actually not offering something so simple as a passenger backrest that had been included in the past was, FOR ME, is the point where I bow out. And luckily none of the new CVO SG's grab me the way my 12 does or I would be in a tougher position, although I think I would still walk away.

Now having said that I just want to say to all the guys that are buying and have bought a new CVO, congrats. This is just my particular stance and we are all different and living with different resources and scenarios. Just trying to say that HD is sure making it hard for a middle class guy to make his dream come true.

Jesse

King2013

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »

Yes 2k and yes it would. But that's me and you're entitled to be you. The highlighted comment is my point in itself. That's 2k you could use for mods. I don't really remember how we got to this point but if you are ok with I sure don't mind not my money. What ever you decide, enjoy.

I must be missing something because the price increase from 14-15 is no more than 200.00 on the ultra limited, as confirmed by my dealer quote (Not the cvo, which is still only a $350.00 difference).
Where are you getting 2k?
If your getting this from your dealer I certainly won't shop there.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.