Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealer Briefing Info  (Read 1931 times)

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
Dealer Briefing Info
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »

Used to after dealer meetings you could find posts of detailed briefings on fairly minor changes made internal to the engines and other model changes.  Have not seen any of these in a couple of years.  Anyone know if they still come out at some point to the forums?  Maybe its the techy side of me but always found them interesting to see what MoCo was changing for cost or technical reasons.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dealer Briefing Info
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »

Used to after dealer meetings you could find posts of detailed briefings on fairly minor changes made internal to the engines and other model changes.  Have not seen any of these in a couple of years.  Anyone know if they still come out at some point to the forums?  Maybe its the techy side of me but always found them interesting to see what MoCo was changing for cost or technical reasons.

What you're talking about was a publication Harley put out called XXXX Model Year Technical Forum.  The last one I saw was for 2014 models, and it was a video POS as opposed to the previous pdf versions.  I'm guessing they probably still provide it to the dealerships, but in such a way as to make it hard for "civilians" like us to get ahold of easily.  I know no one posted a link to it for 2015, and I never found it with a general internet search either.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »

Thanks Jerry,  I used to see them on HDForums and suspect people associated with a dealer provided the files.  Think the last one I saw required a viewer to be loaded to view the material that may have been the video you mention.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »

Thanks Jerry,  I used to see them on HDForums and suspect people associated with a dealer provided the files.  Think the last one I saw required a viewer to be loaded to view the material that may have been the video you mention.

Yes, that's the one.  It's not a true video, but rather a shockwave flash animation.  It makes it much harder to just find what you want, like you could with the pdf versions.

Btw, I did finally find the 2015 version, but it's an even bigger POS.  Now they used a Power Point presentation instead of the flash animation or the superior pdf.  If you have Power Point on your computer, click on the link and see if it works for you.

https://app.box.com/s/48ugrao37b43dmz147mx

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »

Yes, that's the one.  It's not a true video, but rather a shockwave flash animation.  It makes it much harder to just find what you want, like you could with the pdf versions.

Btw, I did finally find the 2015 version, but it's an even bigger POS.  Now they used a Power Point presentation instead of the flash animation or the superior pdf.  If you have Power Point on your computer, click on the link and
https://app.box.com/s/48ugrao37b43dmz147mx see if it works for you.

Jerry

It didn't work by just clicking the link (only got an error message), but it worked once I downloaded the file...

Now go find the 2016 file!   :)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 21 queries.