Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: My Crimson Breakout now she's broken!  (Read 78571 times)

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
Re: My Crimson Breakout now with ProCharger!
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2015, 09:52:58 PM »

Awesome thread on your BO, Bretto. Just finished reading the thread and would like to find out if you have had any issues with the boys in blue with your front indicators integrated into the mirrors and the side mount rego plate. I see the KPR boys have a rear number plate with indicators and taillight all included, have you looked at that? Wonder if that would attract any unwanted attention as well? Cheers

Mate no issues so far but I try not to attract their attention as well.

KPR gear is nice but way over priced. Once they stop selling and start discounting them I might get one.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »

Finally got back onto the Track last month and had a blinder!

Got a new PB for the 1/4  :pepper: 11.26 @ 118mph.  The bike still has more in it so with some tweeks we are chasing a 10.?? pass hopefully next time.

Changed the bars again  ::) now running a set of FatBob bars.  :o

My PB pass

The Whole 6 passess -> Turn up the Volume and enjoy :D

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:05:25 PM by Bretto »
Cheers
Brett

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2015, 10:44:59 PM »

Regardless of how fast it really is it looks fantastic! Wow!

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »

awesome looks great
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »

My last race for the year and that 10's pass has eluded me... Still a new PB of 11.14 @ 122mph.

Bike is strong, just up to me to get off the line better and drop the 60ft time.

So now it's time to give "Cherry" a complete detail. Lots of rubber to remove and the Prochargers alloy needs a good polish. Then take advantage of this good weather we are having and get some cruising done.

Cheers
Brett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »

Well 3 broken belts in 3 years so we now have CHAIN!

We were going for a taller ratio but ended with identical to stock. So I have another rear sprocket on order so when racing I don't have to change into 5th just before the 1/4 mile mark.

The chain has made the bike launch harder off the line!

Cheers
Brett

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »

Good luck hitting the 10s with the chain!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
Re: My Crimson Breakout now she's broken!
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »

Well it was bound to happen but "Cherry" is broke big time!!!

OK lets take a step back for a minute.  Since going to chain drive we have replace the rear sprocket for the next size down which gave us a 5% taller gearing. So 100km/h on the Odo actually was 100km/h instead of 95km/h as standard.

Also fitted the Barnett Scorpion Lock-up clutch kit including new alloy clutch basket as I requested but soon found out the stock basket was used. And the compensator replaced with and eliminator due to excessive wear since fitting the chain drive.

Now we head back to the track chasing that 10s pass.  1st run I did was more of a shake down pass trying to get a feel for the new clutch and ended up short shifting into 5th instead of running out 4th at the 1/4 mile. Well I was expecting an average pass but the look on my misses face said other wise. 11.16s @ 122mph compare to our PB of 11.14s @ 121mph. Now I was sure we were going to break into the 10s if I just get a decent pass done. So more rev's off the line and she hooks up and goes! Pull 2nd gear and crunch no power! Limp to the end of the track and I notice the Procharger is not turning. Cool just the internal belt has let go. So back to our pit and pull off the PTO cover to replace the belt.

Well this is what I found...  :(

At first glance I though the compensator bolt had just come out, which it had. But upon further investigation the clutch basket has broken sending alloy chunks all through the primary. At this point I realise the std basket was used not the stronger Barnett unit as I requested! Not Happy to say the least.

So I take "Cherry" to another shop who I respect and have a history of building very quick bikes and have lots of Procharger experience but are 1hr plus from home to do the repair as I have lost faith in my local shop. After a few days I get the phone call and she is bad... Crank is bent as well  :( but pushing 170+rwhp it was always on the cards to happen at some stage.

So now the crank and cases have been sent off for repairs. Repair/true the crank, oversize pin and weld it in place, balance and have the cases machined for timken bearing upgrade. Also going to take advantage while the motor is in pieces to go to the 117cu kit with some extra boost shoved down it's throat now the bottom end should be bulletproof.

This is going to stretch the budget so will take a few months to get back on the road but we will be racing again in the new year and hope to get some run in miles done before the end of the year. Never know we may even crack the 200rwhp barrier if Im lucky/stupid enough!  8)
Cheers
Brett

fl99m3

Re: My Crimson Breakout now she's broken!
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »

All I can say is that this is one bad breakout.  The broken parts take me back to my metric bikes days with 1170 kits and steel clutch baskets to hold it all together.  Good luck in the new season.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.