Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley digital gear shift indicator  (Read 3411 times)

CVOIRA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlett Red Pearl & Dark Slate
Harley digital gear shift indicator
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »

Has anyone purchased and installed the new digital gear shift indicator from Harley?It was introduced in the spring /summer supplement catalog. Indicates N 1-6 in blue. Has auto dimming function for night time. Mounts on the right side power steering housing. Can be purchased in chrome or black. Sounds pretty neat as I am sure most of you like me are always guessing what gear are we in. The 6th gear light in the gauge is a waste you pretty much can't see it unless you are riding at night. Any information about function or install would be greatly appreciated. Sounds like a fun toy to have. Tks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Harley digital gear shift indicator
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »

Not for me but from HD:

Digital Gear Indicator What gear am I in right now? Eliminate the guesswork with a Digital Gear Indicator. Conveniently located on the handlebar for line-of-site viewing, the bright LED display is easy to read with a quick glance. When the clutch is "out", the display indicates the current gear, or a large "N" when the transmission is in the neutral position. Easy to install, this plug & play Gear Indicator requires no wire splicing or complicated programming. A built-in photocell automatically adjusts the display for improved visibility in direct sunlight, and dims the display at night to reduce distraction. Available in chrome or satin black finish to match your styling direction. The complete kit includes a self-contained LED and control module, control housing, wiring harness and required mounting hardware. Switch housing can accommodate one additional auxiliary switch (sold separately).    #70900078

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Harley digital gear shift indicator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »

"The 6th gear light in the gauge is a waste"  True dat. I had my SERG almost a year before I even knew I had a 6th gear indicator light.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.