Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Harley Davidson headset with Zumo  (Read 47595 times)

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Harley Davidson headset with Zumo
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »

Hello Chris:

I sent you an email but will post here also in case others with the 660 and the older Bomm are also having volume issues.

The older style Bomm that you have does not do well with some of the 660’s. That is why I doubled the output of the Bomm to make up for the low microphone problem with the 660’s. The new design solved the problem. Of course I do expect Garmin at some point in time will also fix the problem but it won’t be a software fix they will have to redesign the microphone input circuit on the 660.

The 660 is very similar to the Nuvi by Garmin. I think the 660 is a take off of the Nuvi and is not a new design by Garmin just an upgraded Nuvi.

The new Bomm now works well with all J&M headsets.

I am upgrading my customers to the new design if they have the 660 and are experiencing issues with low volume. I am replacing the old Bomm with the new one for $50.00 for the Single Seat and $70.00 for the Dual Seat + S&H. You have to return the old Bomm to me after you have received the new one and tested it out. If your not happy with the new one just return it and keep the old one.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:55:59 AM by bissjim »
Ride It Like You Are Retired

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »

New web site and pricing. Please don't forget to mention you are a CVO member for the 15% discount. :orange:

www.hdbomm.com

Thanks

Jim

VAWAS

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »

Quote from September 13,2009

The Bomm is now a bit larger in diameter. It was ¾” and is now 1 ¼”. I switched out a few components in order to compensate for the low microphone volume that some of the Zumo 660’s exhibit. Unfortunately I had to compromise with increasing the size or changing the container which I want to keep.

The upgraded components doubles the Bomm’s microphone output, which helps with the new Zumo 660 and doesn’t overdrive the microphone input circuits of either the 550 or 660. It also takes care of the problem the Bomm was having with some J&M or IMC headsets.

I won’t be re-writing the installation instructions as the larger diameter will not interfere with the placement it still fits where the instructions show.

Jim
I also sent you an e-mail.  I just received the Bomm for a 2010 Ultra and a Zumo 660 (harley).  The unit is 3/4" not the 1 1/4" referred to above.  Before I install I wanted to make sure I have the latest and correct unit or should I have the 1 1/4" unit?

Bill

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »

Your OK.

Sorry I was not able to respond sooner to your email but like I said my basement flooded and I was a little busy with that problem.

Jim

Jews32

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2009, 02:43:43 AM »

J&M makes a unit that will do that. i think its around 269. check their website

Automatic Gate | watch south park online | caddis dog beds
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:58:27 AM by Jews32 »

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »

Just bumping.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »

Jim,
     I just got the new BOMM today and installed.  What a difference 1 year make.  I had bought one of you units last year and installed it.  I had an electrical problem caused by a chafed harness so HD replaced the harness to the radio under my ESP.  I did reinstall the old unit because I just did not have time to do it.  Glad I did not.  The new unit is so much easier to install and the clarity is the best.  I used the posi-lock tap-its and what an easy installation. 

A friend of mine spent over 2X to put the J&M harness etc on his J&M set up.  His cell phone is all choppy and static is on the line.  I called his home from my bike going down the road @ 70MPH.  He did not believe me because of how well it sounded.

Great job on the design and quality. :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »

Thanks for the kind words. I spent many hours in the basement R&D room (LOL) to get the unit where it is today and I am pleased with the improvements over the older versions.

Jim

ckraus

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »

Hello Chris:

I sent you an email but will post here also in case others with the 660 and the older Bomm are also having volume issues.

The older style Bomm that you have does not do well with some of the 660’s. That is why I doubled the output of the Bomm to make up for the low microphone problem with the 660’s. The new design solved the problem. Of course I do expect Garmin at some point in time will also fix the problem but it won’t be a software fix they will have to redesign the microphone input circuit on the 660.

The 660 is very similar to the Nuvi by Garmin. I think the 660 is a take off of the Nuvi and is not a new design by Garmin just an upgraded Nuvi.

The new Bomm now works well with all J&M headsets.

I am upgrading my customers to the new design if they have the 660 and are experiencing issues with low volume. I am replacing the old Bomm with the new one for $50.00 for the Single Seat and $70.00 for the Dual Seat + S&H. You have to return the old Bomm to me after you have received the new one and tested it out. If your not happy with the new one just return it and keep the old one.

Best Regards

Hi Jim,

Are you still doing dual seat units?

I note the website only seems to have single wires on them now. Or am I missing something?

Chris

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »

Chris as you may already know the problems in Japan have caused a shortage of some electronic parts and others that you just can not get anymore. I fell into the latter and not knowing when the part would be available again and knowing that I would run out of the current part shortly I had to find a replacement component. I must have read 5 dozen spec sheets and ordered a dozen or more new parts to test before I found a possible replacement for one of my components. The new part is larger and the ability of the part to handle dual seat operation was somewhat limited. This created 2 problems. The first was that I had to re-design the case but still keep it as small as possible and keep the pipe bomb look. The second was to make it for just the driver. The positive side of this is that the new part has a flatter frequency response then the old and this improved the sound quality.

As far as the looks of the case it took a bit of American ingenuity but I was able to keep the looks (somewhat) and most importantly the size of the case under control. The new model can still be used in a dual seat configuration but it does not work as well as I want so I suggest using it in the single seat (Driver) configuration now. If you want you can always try it in the dual seat configuration to see if you like the response. The only difference between dual seat and single seat is which wire on the radio you connect the H-D Bomm to. 

I just changed the installation instructions on the web site this morning and I still have to change the picture of the Bomm. I shipped the last old model this past Friday and I am now shipping the new model. It takes a little longer to make the new model and the price of the new part is higher but I have not increased the cost, I will eat it.

Jim

Swinger

• Nil carborundum illegitimi

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember & Rio Red Flame SERT, V&H, Power Duals & Monster Ovals
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »

Hi Guys,

I've only had my 2011 CVO for a month, and have just started playing with pairing my i Phone 4 with the Zumo 660 via Bluetooth. The pairing is ok, but I cannot seem to get the phone calls through to the std headset, and cut the audio?,  Do I have to set up anyhtng in the Intercom or CB menu?

I manage to dial and get it to cut the radio once, and talk to the called phone,  but since, zilch!

Can anyone help pls?

Thx,
Stu
Live your life like it's the last day, but learn as if you live for eternity..

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »

Hi Guys,

I've only had my 2011 CVO for a month, and have just started playing with pairing my i Phone 4 with the Zumo 660 via Bluetooth. The pairing is ok, but I cannot seem to get the phone calls through to the std headset, and cut the audio?,  Do I have to set up anyhtng in the Intercom or CB menu?

I manage to dial and get it to cut the radio once, and talk to the called phone,  but since, zilch!

Can anyone help pls?

Thx,
Stu

Stu the answer to all of your questions are covered in this post. If you are still confused you can call me @ 302-786-2606 or send me an email @ Jbissonette1@comcast.net and I will explain it to you.

Jim

llewop

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »

:jalapeno:
Yes, I have to agree, the HDBomm is the best thing going.  I can talk while riding, the other person is amazed when they are told I am on my bike.
This is just what I was looking for.  I've had mine for a bout two years now in conjunction with my ZUMO 550.
Excellent.

Rscott1684

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »

Anyone found a solution to connect Sena Smh10 bluetooth headset to 2014 CVO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »

Anyone found a solution to connect Sena Smh10 bluetooth headset to 2014 CVO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See the last post here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=92953.0

jim@hdbomm.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.