Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rear fender noise, 2013 CVO Road Glide  (Read 2133 times)

mikmakcvox2

rear fender noise, 2013 CVO Road Glide
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:26:45 AM »

Anyone else experiencing rear fender noise on 2013 CVO Road Glide ?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: rear fender noise, 2013 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »

Could you be more specific? A lot of us had rear tire cupping issues.  The rear tire will whine or sing, especially in the turns.  If you could describe the sound, it would help.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:21:19 AM by GregKhougaz »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

Curious what this noise is........
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

I had a whining noise especially in the corners.  It would make you cut down your stereo, lean your head back over your shoulder, and think "WTF is that noise and where is it coming from!?"  If this is what you are doing, you have developed a "cupped" rear tire.  It's what happened to my stock Dunlop at 9000 miles.  Took it in, they measured with tire gauge.  HD replaced the tire at 1/2 price and free labor.  It's covered by Dunlop warranty.
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »

I've had rear end noise in the past but there are pills for that now.... :huepfenlol2:

Sorry, just a little Friday humor.....very little.... ::)

Belt tight/loose, tire whine, breaks?????

If you are speaking of the fender itself (maybe a rattle?), I had a bit of vibration rattle coming from the back at one point.  Between the fender and saddle bag supports, there is some double stick rubber tape (I'm assuming a factory "fix" for this) and one side had lost the sticky and was coming out.  I loosened everything, replaced the rubbery tape with new and no rattles from then on....just throwing stuff out there for you. 

HIshaggy

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »

This "If you are speaking of the fender itself (maybe a rattle?), I had a bit of vibration rattle coming from the back at one point.  Between the fender and saddle bag supports, there is some double stick rubber tape (I'm assuming a factory "fix" for this) and one side had lost the sticky and was coming out.  I loosened everything, replaced the rubbery tape with new and no rattles from then on....just throwing stuff out there for you."

My dealer accomplished above shortly after I took delivery of my 2012 CVORGC.  It was a horrible rattle

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 24 queries.