Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110" performance let down?  (Read 10654 times)

bigskyroadglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Live like today is your last day
    • MT

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide CVO Skunk
Re: 110" performance let down?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 01:35:33 PM »

May I ask why you've disabled the O2 sensors and why you're running so rich?

I'm running in closed loop pretty much everywhere up to about 4000rpm and 60kPa, and I'm seeing 44-45mpg.
[/quote
  The bike is tuned for max power, not fuel economy.  The narrow band sensors are plugged off electronically as they are outside their normal operating range therefore they are useless. the 13.5 was the result of a dyno tune and that is where max power was achieved.

IF i went to wide band sensors, like the thundermax or the auto tune on the PV then they would be able to adjust the AFR.

As indicated, i have developed a fuel economy map, that re-engages the narrow band sensors in the cruise range where the lamba is near 1.  With this map, i have gotten fuel economy up some, but not nearly to your level.  in the 15K miles that i have ridden this bike, i have only seen over 43 MPG in one instance. Under my fuel economy map i have only gotten the ##'s for fuel economy up to the very low 40's.
I am not interested in giving up power to gain fuel economy, but am trying to adjust within a very narrow window.  If this does not achieve desired results, my next step is wide band O2 sensors. I also, have not experienced heat issues with my tune, and have ridden nationwide, desert to mountains, so my goal is to tweak fuel economy, without losing power.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 110" performance let down?
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »

I guess I'm not understanding why you are running that rich in the cruise range.  You can lean that area out for mileage and fatten it up in the high-MAP, high-rpm areas.   That's the big benefit of fuel injection: you don't have to run one Lambda everywhere. 

The 103 in my Night Train makes nearly 120/120 and gets 45mpg when I'm cruising.
The best you've had is the best you know.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.