Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Passenger Footboards for 2012 FLHXSE3  (Read 8307 times)

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: Passenger Footboards for 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

For me there are 3 reasons I will shell out the funds for the Rumble collection floorboards for my 2012.

One as mentioned above, if it makes the misses happy, it is worth every penny.  So floorboards are a must, and a small consolation for her blessing on buying yet another CVO.  :2vrolijk_21:

And second, if you are paying $32K+ for a motorcycle, why would you not spend a couple hundred extra to have matching floorboards.

And lastly, most will likely end up adding pegs to their highway bars.  I know I definitely will be.  If you factor in the cost of the matching foot pegs, which you will get for free once you take them off the back, you really are getting the floorboards at a slight discount anyway.

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »

For me there are 3 reasons I will shell out the funds for the Rumble collection floorboards for my 2012.

One as mentioned above, if it makes the misses happy, it is worth every penny.  So floorboards are a must, and a small consolation for her blessing on buying yet another CVO.  :2vrolijk_21:

And second, if you are paying $32K+ for a motorcycle, why would you not spend a couple hundred extra to have matching floorboards.

And lastly, most will likely end up adding pegs to their highway bars.  I know I definitely will be.  If you factor in the cost of the matching foot pegs, which you will get for free once you take them off the back, you really are getting the floorboards at a slight discount anyway.

X2... agreed on every point

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 02:19:45 PM »

X2... agreed on every point

YEP!!!!!   X3

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

A better question might be, when paying over $32k for a motorcycle why don't the matching passenger boards come standard like they did on the SEEG's and CUSE models? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »

Can't really argue with any of these posts... I can see both points of view. I think the MoCo wants to differentiate the CVO models for different demographics... the SG got the kick-butt audio system, and they probably consider it a "not a 2-up tourer" but more of a sporty model - so they just outfit it with passenger pegs. Same with the CVO RG Customs - they get the nice SE intake, etc. The CVO EG, Classic, Ultra, RG Ultra, and Road King/Road King Classic all come with passenger boards - presumably because the MoCo considers those models more likely to have a BSR much of the time.  Guess they figure they can sell enough passenger boards for the CVO SG and RGC to make it worth the effort to NOT include them on the bikes... it kind of torques me that I had to fork over $600 for the passenger boards - but as was pointed out in a previous post, it's quite small in comparison to the total cost of this beast so far... I figure with all the perf mods and tune, the Tour Pak and its mount and trimmings, a decent seat with a backrest, the passenger boards, the front spots, etc... I have an investment approaching $40K in this bike already... YIKES!

The only good news for our bank account is that I'm DONE now! Oh wait... chrome spark plug covers and a "not-a-cowbell" horn cover... and Brukus Saddlebag-Secure and Seat Secure... and the Paul Yaffe curved license plate lighted frame... Well, maybe not quite through yet. May have to wait on those Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges though... those are ANOTHER $1400 installed, to get rid of the front-end diving from Harley's positively antique damper-rod front suspension...  :rolleyes2:

JEEZ! It's only 4:00 PM on a Monday... and I already need a drink... :drink:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »

Sounds like you have sipped the Harley Koolaid!!    As we all have!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »

Sounds like you have sipped the Harley Koolaid!!    As we all have!

Drank the whole friggin' JUG is more like it... thankfully with vodka to dull the pain in the pocketbook...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

gunstock

• CVO1: 2012 Citrus/Gunstock Streetglide
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »

Can't really argue with any of these posts... I can see both points of view. I think the MoCo wants to differentiate the CVO models for different demographics... the SG got the kick-butt audio system, and they probably consider it a "not a 2-up tourer" but more of a sporty model - so they just outfit it with passenger pegs. Same with the CVO RG Customs - they get the nice SE intake, etc. The CVO EG, Classic, Ultra, RG Ultra, and Road King/Road King Classic all come with passenger boards - presumably because the MoCo considers those models more likely to have a BSR much of the time.  Guess they figure they can sell enough passenger boards for the CVO SG and RGC to make it worth the effort to NOT include them on the bikes... it kind of torques me that I had to fork over $600 for the passenger boards - but as was pointed out in a previous post, it's quite small in comparison to the total cost of this beast so far... I figure with all the perf mods and tune, the Tour Pak and its mount and trimmings, a decent seat with a backrest, the passenger boards, the front spots, etc... I have an investment approaching $40K in this bike already... YIKES!

The only good news for our bank account is that I'm DONE now! Oh wait... chrome spark plug covers and a "not-a-cowbell" horn cover... and Brukus Saddlebag-Secure and Seat Secure... and the Paul Yaffe curved license plate lighted frame... Well, maybe not quite through yet. May have to wait on those Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges though... those are ANOTHER $1400 installed, to get rid of the front-end diving from Harley's positively antique damper-rod front suspension...  :rolleyes2:

JEEZ! It's only 4:00 PM on a Monday... and I already need a drink... :drink:

North Georgia Hawg,

Have you already replaced your seat to have a backrest?  What did you get?

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »

North Georgia Hawg,

Have you already replaced your seat to have a backrest?  What did you get?

I bought that Corbin SoloTour with the flames, two backrests and the Tour Pak backrest that was in the Selling forum. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I hoping it solves my back issues!

The Wizard's Tune

gunstock

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 09:40:36 PM »

I bought that Corbin SoloTour with the flames, two backrests and the Tour Pak backrest that was in the Selling forum. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I hoping it solves my back issues!

too cool. I saw that.  I need something too.  Not sure what.  Hate to give up the look but I have to have back support for the long rides.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »

too cool. I saw that.  I need something too.  Not sure what.  Hate to give up the look but I have to have back support for the long rides.

:jack: TIF2 has a new 2011 CVO SG seat and sissy bar backrest that he'll trade you for your 2012 seat and sissy bar backrest... just PM him and tell him I referred you to him. He and I had talked about trading seats before I bought the Corbin. If you do that, you can buy a matching 2011 SG CVO rider backrest for the seat that will likely serve you nicely. The backrest is even on the H-D P&A site... it's not a "restricted" CVO part. PN is 52300008, and it has the snakeskin insert that matches the 2011 CVO SG seat.

The Wizard's Tune

gunstock

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:51 PM »

:jack: TIF2 has a new 2011 CVO SG seat and sissy bar backrest that he'll trade you for your 2012 seat and sissy bar backrest... just PM him and tell him I referred you to him. He and I had talked about trading seats before I bought the Corbin. If you do that, you can buy a matching 2011 SG CVO rider backrest for the seat that will likely serve you nicely. The backrest is even on the H-D P&A site... it's not a "restricted" CVO part. PN is 52300008, and it has the snakeskin insert that matches the 2011 CVO SG seat.

I would rather buy outright.  I have a thing about keeping the original parts.  Think he is interested in selling outright?  Also, do you think that seat would be as comfortable as a true touring seat?

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »

I would rather buy outright.  I have a thing about keeping the original parts.  Think he is interested in selling outright?  Also, do you think that seat would be as comfortable as a true touring seat?

Likely not... he really wants the 2012 seat. BTW, I agree about keeping the original parts... that's why I decided not to trade.

The Wizard's Tune

gunstock

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »

Likely not... he really wants the 2012 seat. BTW, I agree about keeping the original parts... that's why I decided not to trade.

i think we got our bikes about the same time.  Unfortunately I have had too much going on and only have 250 miles on mine.  How about you?

I am dieing to ride!! 

temp in Texas is 100+, between that and the new cat converter, and a busy schedule, its tough to find time......   very soon though.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:49 PM »

i think we got our bikes about the same time.  Unfortunately I have had too much going on and only have 250 miles on mine.  How about you?

I am dieing to ride!! 

temp in Texas is 100+, between that and the new cat converter, and a busy schedule, its tough to find time......   very soon though.

I'm up to 728 miles after the 10 tuning runs we did yesterday! Do yourself a HUGE favor and get RID of that cat! Get a Fullsac X-Pipe and their 2" baffles to replace the crappy restrictive ones in the stock cans. You'll gain about 5-7 torque and HP just with those. Of course, a TTS MasterTune and a good tune will REALLY wake up your Beast! Mine runs like a scalded dog now! I had my tuner put in Andrews 54H cams and HQ Black Ops lifters, too. Nice combo! The Black Ops are much quieter than the H-D "B" lifters that come in all Harleys.

I know what Texas heat is... I grew up in Denton, north of Dallas. I remember the scorching hot summers there. We had a long hot one here in the Atlanta area this year, too. We're on the verge of setting an all-time record here for 90+ days, at 90. Nothing like all the 100+ days y'all have experienced this summer, though! PHEW!  :drink:

You know the old story about in the beginning, when the Devil was thrown out of Heaven? He was given both Hell and Texas... He decided to rent Texas out and live in Hell... it was cooler there... :devil:

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 25 queries.