Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking for good POC on new build  (Read 4248 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Looking for good POC on new build
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »

This kit is a 100hp/100-110tq performer.

This can be had with a mild cam and a good tune on a 103" and a big wide torque curve. Look at FullSac website for just one example..

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

SemperFi,

They are a machine shop.  BUT they will answer your questions regardless of whether you buy from them or not.  They know how the HD parts work together and can recommend which way to go if that (HD) is what you want to do.  I worked with them for my '03 RK.  Went with their 95" (had them bore the jugs) kit, their head work and Andrews TW26 gear drive cams based upon their recommendation for my "needs".  I would do it all over again as the bike runs fantastic (even 20K later!).

Give them a call - no hard sell, just good info.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

SemperFi82

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »

Deweys heads:

Here's what I am thinking for him to do based on the fact that he wants to stay close to Harley and have a good boulevard burner up to 100mph. This combination works in my experience and adheres to what is asked. Of course there are far more radical builds that can be done but....

A. SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® PRO
STAGE IV KIT – 103 CUBIC INCHES*

The Stage IV was what I originally was interested in from the get go.  Some people say this is a top end performer and the power only kicks in at the end.  Kind of discouraged me hearing that but then again it is hard to compare people's opinion.  So then I started looking to modify that kit a little so that the torque and HP would kick in a little sooner on the RPM's.  Maybe this kit and a loose a tooth? I'm going to talk to a tech tomorrow and see what they think.  Anyone running this kit care to comment about it's performance and your level of happiness with it? How would you compare it to the CVO Softail's power?
And I'm also assuming that the dyno numbers that HD puts on the SE catalog has complimenting SE parts. Exhaust, breather, etc. so if anyone does have the stage IV, what are your numbers with different intakes and exhaust?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:06:59 PM by SemperFi82 »

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

I can only repeat your initial goals. This kit meets and really exceeds your goals. Of course you can do far more radical builds within Harley dealers or from outside vendors all of which know their business and ply their trade very, very effectively.

Like many others here who have offered their experience and knowledge I also know several builders who can build a kickass motor for you. BUT in the end it won't be supported at most Harley dealers in the country if you need service. And it will be more difficult to sell at a price you would like when you decide to move on because it will appeal to a much narrower buyers market.

Also, more radical motors require more attention to keep them in optimum running condition.

So in summary, in my experience and assessment your initial goals are sound. Don't deviate from them and you will end up with a good performing bike at a reasonable cost that has value and will be servicable at most Harley dealers.

Semper Fi !!

SemperFi82

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »

thanks for confirming my original choice and I look forward to talking with the techs tomorrow about it. I'm going to pick his brain like no other

BTW, you have a destroyer?  Is that a build you've been working on or what?  Courious

Ooh-Rah

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »

thanks for confirming my original choice and I look forward to talking with the techs tomorrow about it. I'm going to pick his brain like no other

BTW, you have a destroyer?  Is that a build you've been working on or what?  Courious

I forogt to suggest that if you want power on a stock motor I can hook you up with Nick Trask and we can put a Turbo on it and double the horsepower in about 6-8 man hours. Can you hang on????

Destroyer-- Its a Race bike in a box that harley built--only 625 were built. They will now do in the high 8's in the 1/4 mile. There are about 35 of them racing this weekend in Orlando at the AHDRA races. Then you head on over to Bike Week in Daytona to see the sights.

The Marines are kicking Ass "Over There"!!!

Ooh-Rah

SemperFi82

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

Supercharger sounds like fun and I've actually read a few riders wish they would have gone to them sooner.  But not for me right now, not a new bike at least.  That Procharger does look tempting!
And can't wait to leave Missouri so I can deploy again, wherever it may be!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »

Supercharger sounds like fun and I've actually read a few riders wish they would have gone to them sooner.  But not for me right now, not a new bike at least.  That Procharger does look tempting!
And can't wait to leave Missouri so I can deploy again, wherever it may be!

Actually a Turbo (Trask Turbo) is about the same money as a radical build AND you get to ride the bike 6-8 hours after the install. The nice thing is that it comes off so you can revert back to stock. NASTY, VERY NASTY!!

Be Safe Marine!! Remember what you are doing right now is helping the cause too. 

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 25 queries.