Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 15 CVO SG detach tour pak w/ speakers  (Read 9059 times)

rockinred

15 CVO SG detach tour pak w/ speakers
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »

Hey what's up all. Looking for some answers and found quite a bit of information but nothing for sure.  As usual looking to do mods and finding the newer models coming off rushmore line have some issues on stereo and a few other bugs.

Have a couple of questions if anyone has the time to chime in. I am pretty savvy on the softails, but the touring is all new for me. Especially this new models I'm in now.

1. Looking to purchase HD tour pak and w/ speakers on a detachable tourpak. Problem is that there is a kit for my SG for everything, but the tour pak does not have a quick release for this setup. Everything is detachable except wiring. I was told that all the plugs that plug into harness are hidden and are not for quick release. Question is there anything out there for the 2014+ later models? I would assume it is just an added molex connector for this? Does J&M Rokker or others have a detach kit for the new models tour pak? Or a kit I can use?

2. The CVO 15 comes with a HD boom audio stage II. I was told that the 6.5 head unit is only going to recognize me to add amps that are running the same channels boom audio is and that I really needed to stick with HD boom stage II since that's what I have and new 6.5 head unit to recognize. I can't have a 3rd or 4th amp that are splitting the channels the same as old the way(non stage II), I have to use 1 amp per 2 speakers because of the way it is split in existing set up. Is this correct? I'm lost on this?

My main concern is the detachable tour pak with speakers on this 14 and later model.

Thanks again for any knowledge and information on this

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
Re: 15 CVO SG detach tour pak w/ speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »

I have the same Question. I would like to add speakers to my detachable tourpak , but only if it is removable as a unit. Has anyone done this ?

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »

I did its possible but you have to tuck the cables under the seat when you remove the tourpac.
Ridin Legend

rockinred

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »

I figured it out as well.  Vtwin audio built me a specialized harness for this.  I ran speakers in my lower fairing and also added tourpak with speakers.  Added on two amps... one to run the front lowers and mounted it in front fairing and then the other amp in my left saddlebag with the other amp.  Have one plug for the quick detach.  Came out nice, but boy was it a job.  :bananarock:

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

I figured it out as well.  Vtwin audio built me a specialized harness for this.  I ran speakers in my lower fairing and also added tourpak with speakers.  Added on two amps... one to run the front lowers and mounted it in front fairing and then the other amp in my left saddlebag with the other amp.  Have one plug for the quick detach.  Came out nice, but boy was it a job.  :bananarock:

This is impossible on twin cooled lower fairings right? The speakers that it.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

rockinred

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:56 AM »

This is impossible on twin cooled lower fairings right? The speakers that it.

I relocated the overflow reservoir and made it work.  It was a pain and a lot of work.  I also had to modify speaker brackets for exhaust fan.

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 08:21:16 AM »

I relocated the overflow reservoir and made it work.  It was a pain and a lot of work.  I also had to modify speaker brackets for exhaust fan.

You have a thread on everything you did?
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

rockinred

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »

ZVO,

I haven't put one up.  I'd be happy to help some of the guys interested in this project when I get a chance.  I am in the middle of a move and probably will be caught up in about 2 weeks max.  It's a minor project, but you can't be afraid to cut and chop on bike a little.

15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »

I haven't put one up.  I'd be happy to help some of the guys interested in this project when I get a chance.  I am in the middle of a move and probably will be caught up in about 2 weeks max.  It's a minor project, but you can't be afraid to cut and chop on bike a little.

RinR,

I'm interested in adding speakers to the lower fairing along with a detachable tourpak w/speakers on my 15CVOSG. Any chance you could post some more details of how the install went, specifically the lower fairing install and how much modification was needed?  It's not that I'm afraid to cut/chop here and there...I just need to decide if this is a quick turn around (weekend project), or if I should wait until winter befroe starting the project.

Thanks,
Dave

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Street Glide (Stage IV)
    • CVO3: BMW K1600B
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

I could really use some guidance on how you did this please. Will most likely do this to mine over the winter.

2015 CVO STREET GLIDE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »

I have a FLHXSE 2015 and am doing the same thing. Harley wants to not honor warranty if I put on and make it detachable. They say the radio will throw a bunch of codes. I had them install the amp and speakers as they also stated it will blow the speakers if they do not flash the radio first. So I took it down there and they kept it for a week, everyday calling me with some other part they need. I had previously spent almost 2 months going back and forth with the parts department making sure I had ordered everything. So after a week and the price going up for them to train themselves how to do it,(yes they charged me for taking off parts they did not have to take off due to ignorance)They called and said it was ready. I got down their to find not only was the bike all scratched up but the stereo sounded terrible. They had not even hooked up all the wires, a tech had 3 of the looms I provided, stuffed in his tool box. I took one look and found the speaker pods on the tour pack only had half of the wires hooked up. Well after some back and forth, they installed the other loom and now 2 of the speakers sound blown. They said they had to call Harley tech and that would be the following week so I took it back home. The next week brought it back and the said they changed out one of the speakers and all was well. I went back down to pick it up and the same speakers still sound blown. I left it there, they still have to take care of the scratches anyways. It truly sounded better with out the extra speakers and amp. Does anyone have this set up and use the detachable set up? Also does it sound much better than stock CVO?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:02:07 PM by 2015 CVO STREET GLIDE »

15FLHXSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »

Did you get this resolved???  Or at least get the sound working as it should?  I'm looking to do this over the winter, already have the tourpak installed.  Just trying to get more info on the mods needed for the lower fairing, and feedback whether or not it's worth the effort - and $$$.

I have a FLHXSE 2015 and am doing the same thing. Harley wants to not honor warranty if I put on and make it detachable. They say the radio will throw a bunch of codes. I had them install the amp and speakers as they also stated it will blow the speakers if they do not flash the radio first. So I took it down there and they kept it for a week, everyday calling me with some other part they need. I had previously spent almost 2 months going back and forth with the parts department making sure I had ordered everything. So after a week and the price going up for them to train themselves how to do it,(yes they charged me for taking off parts they did not have to take off due to ignorance)They called and said it was ready. I got down their to find not only was the bike all scratched up but the stereo sounded terrible. They had not even hooked up all the wires, a tech had 3 of the looms I provided, stuffed in his tool box. I took one look and found the speaker pods on the tour pack only had half of the wires hooked up. Well after some back and forth, they installed the other loom and now 2 of the speakers sound blown. They said they had to call Harley tech and that would be the following week so I took it back home. The next week brought it back and the said they changed out one of the speakers and all was well. I went back down to pick it up and the same speakers still sound blown. I left it there, they still have to take care of the scratches anyways. It truly sounded better with out the extra speakers and amp. Does anyone have this set up and use the detachable set up? Also does it sound much better than stock CVO?

Genoa

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Autumn Haze and High Octane Orange
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Tribal Orange/Dark Slate/Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange with Fireburst Flames
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

ZVO,

I have not seen any updates, wonder if you could supply details on adding the second amp to the saddlebag and how it was wire. I was considering trying to create a mount for the detachable tour  to mount under the tour pak.

The 1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 11:46:17 AM »

:)
I have not seen any updates, wonder if you could supply details on adding the second amp to the saddlebag and how it was wire. I was considering trying to create a mount for the detachable tour  to mount under the tour pak.
    harley now offers lower speakers for twin cooled. stage 2  $300    amp roughly $400    wiring install kit  $300      on there website new products

Genoa

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Autumn Haze and High Octane Orange
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Tribal Orange/Dark Slate/Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno Orange with Fireburst Flames
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »

There was a mention of putting two amps in the saddlebags. That is was I was interested in. Can you provide any info? Thanks

The 1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 01:46:22 PM »

There was a mention of putting two amps in the saddlebags. That is was I was interested in. Can you provide any info? Thanks
looks like it would go in bag and use wiring kit to install ie one amp in each bag

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 10:36:04 PM »

Thats correct, the amp for the lowers will be located in the right saddle bag, just like the left side amp is. Thats the only thing holding me back from adding the lower speakers, dont want to give up anymore storage space, plus the wiring harness and plugs really screw things up.  Ideally I want to remove the saddle bag amp all together, and replace the fairing amp with a single one, or 2 smaller amps that will power 6 speakers. Of course replacing all the boom speakers would be in order too. I want to keep my 6.5 radio.  Not ready to tear all of it out of a 2 month old bike.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.