Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: My new 17 CVO Street Glide  (Read 28299 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
My new 17 CVO Street Glide
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:22 AM »

The new motor has completely intrigued me and I love the looks of the red SG. On a whim last weekend I went to all the stores in San Diego looking if I could see one but no luck. The largest dealer (San Diego) actually told me they wouldn't have one until the end of the year so I just told myself "to get over it". When I went home that night I for the heck of it reached out to the small dealer in Bend OR where I bought my 12 Roadglide almost 5 years ago because they were the only dealer on the west coast at that time that had my bike. I knew the odds were very small but I sent them a web message late at night. Next morning the same sales mgr that sold me my bike called me and told me they just got that bike Sat morning and it was available.
Long story short I bought it and they are now installing the stage 3 kit for me as well as a long list of mods already. Steve at Fullsac doing my mufflers next week as I really am going to try and not screw up the warranty on this one and hoping that 117 will "sing"!
Flying up on Oct 13th and really looking forward to the ride back down through some amazing roads. Might even be able to talk JC into meeting me in No Cal and really having some fun up there!
Alan

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: My new 17 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 01:35:04 AM »

Congratulations, Alan!  Good luck with the new ride.  But:

:worthless:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:05 AM »

Congratulations, Alan!  Good luck with the new ride.  But:

:worthless:
I get that but its 1200 miles away right now...
Alan

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 01:48:26 AM »

I get that but its 1200 miles away right now...

Nothing like being estranged from your true love.   :P

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:20 AM »

Many congratulations on the new ride, looks like it was meant to be,
Keep us posted on how the 117" stage 3 performs !, :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 06:53:11 AM »

Congratulations! Please post delivery pictures.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 07:15:23 AM »

It should look like this.  I picked mine up yesterday.  First ever batwing.  I have always been a road glide guy, and still am.  Im anxious for Steve to have a head pipe and baffles ready for it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:20:14 AM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:19:17 AM »

The new motor has completely intrigued me and I love the looks of the red SG. On a whim last weekend I went to all the stores in San Diego looking if I could see one but no luck. The largest dealer (San Diego) actually told me they wouldn't have one until the end of the year so I just told myself "to get over it". When I went home that night I for the heck of it reached out to the small dealer in Bend OR where I bought my 12 Roadglide almost 5 years ago because they were the only dealer on the west coast at that time that had my bike. I knew the odds were very small but I sent them a web message late at night. Next morning the same sales mgr that sold me my bike called me and told me they just got that bike Sat morning and it was available.
Long story short I bought it and they are now installing the stage 3 kit for me as well as a long list of mods already. Steve at Fullsac doing my mufflers next week as I really am going to try and not screw up the warranty on this one and hoping that 117 will "sing"!
Flying up on Oct 13th and really looking forward to the ride back down through some amazing roads. Might even be able to talk JC into meeting me in No Cal and really having some fun up there!

Great story. Congrats. Sounds like it was meant to be. Look forward to seeing what kind of numbers you get on the Dyno. Thinking of doing the same thing this winter. D&D said they will have a Fatcat for it by the end of the year which should help performance and sound I've got the street cannons now which are ok but quieter than I'd like.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »

Nothing like being estranged from your true love.   :P

He's not suffering to much Greg.  He still has his SERG with the 124" in the garage to keep him company for a few weeks.

Alan's an addict.....on the 12 SERG he went from the stock 110" to the 120" to the 124".  Now the 124" was put in only 4-6 months ago and he's already bored with it so now he's going after the 17 SESG.  At least he's crossing back over from the Gold Wing fairing to a Harley fairing!   :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »

He's not suffering to much Greg.  He still has his SERG with the 124" in the garage to keep him company for a few weeks.

Alan's an addict.....on the 12 SERG he went from the stock 110" to the 120" to the 124".  Now the 124" was put in only 4-6 months ago and he's already bored with it so now he's going after the 17 SESG.  At least he's crossing back over from the Gold Wing fairing to a Harley fairing!   :P

Life is good!   :2vrolijk_21:

Sawyer Brown

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »

MANY CONGRATS!!   

You and JC can carve some canyons on the way back.

BE SURE AND ASK THEM TO SAVE YOUR TAKE OFF PARTS FOR YOU! 

Regards

Jerry

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »

Wow Alan!! Good for you.  Enjoy your new ride. . Stuart  :2vrolijk_21:

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 07:14:22 PM »

Congrats Alan...great color choice!

I'm trying hard to resist the "dark side" and avoid the dealer, but the new engine has me thinking!

"I love my RG, I love my RG, I love my RG...but, :)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »

Truth is that while I was definitely "intrigued" by the new M8 motor, I really wasn't thinking seriously about buying one until a couple of weekends ago I saw my 124 started running crazy hot and when I stopped after 130 miles I had burned over a quart of oil. Called my tech and he said "I told you we might have to rebuild the top end every 20,000 miles the way you ride and I think thats the problem". I currently have 18,000 miles on that motor. I took my bike into the shop very frustrated and thats when all the "stuff" on the new bike started happening.
My justification on all this (JC is right, I am an addict..) is that I am going to keep this bike under warranty including the 7 yr ESP since the 117 kit qualifies for that.
I figure now that Harley's are kinda like Jaguar cars, you need 2 so you have something to ride while 1 is always in the shop...
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »

117 upgrade in process!
Alan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.