Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide Brown Braided lines  (Read 3391 times)

rockinred

2015 CVO Street Glide Brown Braided lines
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »

What's up fellas!  Just popping in here to join the FLHXSE bunch!  Just got my first step into the dresser bikes after all these years!  Going to be good!

Anyhow, on to my question.... I have the black CVO SG and getting ready to put some 12 or 14's HHI Reaper bars on it and noticed that the cables are brown braided lines.  I need to get my +length and no one knows where to order a brown cable?  They look like the black pearl except it is brown and when the sun hits it they look gold.  Coolest lines i've seen.... I don't want to put black on it even though it will work. 

Anyone know anything about this?  Who makes these cables for Harley?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:46:26 AM by rockinred »

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide Brown Braided lines
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

My Oem braided SS cables have turned a nice shade of brown!  LOL   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/Smileys/CVO/cheesy.gif

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:29:20 PM »

Are you sure those braided lines are supposed to be a brownish color, or are they perhaps discolored already from the normal chrome color?  Lot's of folks over the years have had the hydraulic lines discolor over time, but I don't remember anyone mentioning it in the first year of ownership.  :nixweiss:

Btw, the parts catalog lists two possible colors for the 2015 SESG, black or chrome.  No gold or brown.

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:33:04 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rockinred

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:32 AM »

I was hoping to find some information on it.  They are brown for sure.... I will take some pics.  This is going to drive me crazy trying to find replacement.  I'm going to have to settle for the black I guess.  Would have been a cool unique touch with my bars.  This bike only had 9 miles on it... they couldn't have been worn out just yet. :)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:28 AM »

+6 for 12" bars.

When I put 12" Yaffee's on my 2011 my stock lines were a slight brownish color. Like you said pretty cool. But when I asked my local HD they said longer was not available. So I changed all of the lines to the bright silver style.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »

I have a 2014 CVO RK and they are definitely a brownish color, but I think that is the rubber casing that the SS lines are in. It looks like the titanium color of the bike. Looks like they were made for that color. Anyway, I would think a dealer could get them.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »

I have a 2014 CVO RK and they are definitely a brownish color, but I think that is the rubber casing that the SS lines are in. It looks like the titanium color of the bike. Looks like they were made for that color. Anyway, I would think a dealer could get them, and stick with stainless even if you have to get silver. Don't downgrade to a black rubber line.

rockinred

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:33 AM »

Willy B....thank you for the info on the + size!  I'm ordering bars tomorrow and man am I on the fence between 12 or 14s.  I rode with Apes most of my riding life, but finding the right fit on the dresser is bit different than my Softails. 

Puma,  no downgrade to the black.  Magnum has the black pearl braided line which looks just like these except black underneath.  They don't have the plain black rubber look.   I have talked to the dealer and we pulled up the parts manual and it only showed the black and silver lines for our model and no brown.   Here are a few pics of the brown just to show what I'm talking about.  In the sun it is the exact color of the gold.

rockinred

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »

One more close up of color line. 

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:20:55 AM »

Just zoomed in on one of the pics i took of the yellow cvosg at the vancouver show yesterday, and it looks like it comes with the same color tint on the lines.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »

Willy B....thank you for the info on the + size!  I'm ordering bars tomorrow and man am I on the fence between 12 or 14s.  I rode with Apes most of my riding life, but finding the right fit on the dresser is bit different than my Softails. 

Puma,  no downgrade to the black.  Magnum has the black pearl braided line which looks just like these except black underneath.  They don't have the plain black rubber look.   I have talked to the dealer and we pulled up the parts manual and it only showed the black and silver lines for our model and no brown.   Here are a few pics of the brown just to show what I'm talking about.  In the sun it is the exact color of the gold.
I just checked mine out. Even under the seat they are the same. It has to be a silver line inside a tinted rubber casing. It really matches the titanium color on the 2014 CVO King nicely. Gotcha on the black, and they sound nice enough. I thought you were contemplating black rubber lines.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:54:17 PM by Puma »

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.