Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: motocycle accident  (Read 3002 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: motocycle accident
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:59:53 PM »

2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:04:47 PM »

I don't believe in "miracles", but that comes close! 

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »

from riding on two wheels to car roof asphalt surfing without missing a beat......

Yeah, "Seldom" might have been an understatement.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »

When the car he hit slowed down, he probably fell forward off the roof and then was run over and killed by the car he hit.

I could happen...

I remember many years ago, my buddy and I were riding our Bridgestone 175's out on state land.  We were on a gravel road on the way back to the main blacktop road when my buddy hit a deer.  We were going about 50 mph when he hit the deer.  The deer was knocked out I guess and was draped over the front fender.  We rode that way for what seemed like a mile, I'm sure it wasn't, but time slows down as they say.  When he slowed down the deer fell of and got tangled up in the front wheel and down he went.  He broke his arm in the process.  He was due to be drafted the next week and got another couple months delay in going into the Army.  I guess when I said "draft", you can guess this was not just a few years ago.

Anyway, I hope the guy in the video didn't get hurt on the way down.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »

Miracle for sure, it looks like he still could have hit his face.    :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »

Dejavu......

In about 1990 I was riding down a four lane street (with center turn lane) at about 55 mph when a man pulling out of a donut shop on my right was looking at traffic coming from the opposite direction as he was turning left coming out of the driveway.  Watching the traffic coming from my opposite direction he punched it and drove right into the side of the front wheel of my 86 Heritage.

At 55 mph I did a summer sault over his car and landed in the street in the sitting position with my knees in the air as I slid down the boulevard.  Thanks to the leather check book in one back pocket and my leather wallet in the other....I left the hospital a couple hours later with a broken collarbone (from the ape hangers as I launched off the bike) and massive bruising on both thighs, ass and groin.  It actually looked much worse than it felt....surprisingly, it was only a little sore to the touch.

I had a woman attorney and she wanted close up photos to blow up to life size just in case it went to court (her story) so I put a jock strap on and let her click away.  :huepfenlol2:

I was really blessed on that one.....God rode through that one with me! :2vrolijk_21:

That was truely the scariest ride that I ever took that I can still remember clearly. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:13 PM »

Dejavu......

My riding buddy's older brother had the same experience, JC!  He was on lunch hour from his second shift job at the (now closed) local GM assembly plant, on his way back to work.  Driving about 50 mph, a lady with a van full of kids pulled in front of him.  He didn't even have time to hit the brakes on his ultra.  He hit the van broadside, but "jumped" off the floorboards just at the moment of impact.  He cleared the van, did a flip in the air and landed on his feet on the other side.  He did a couple of gentle rolls and stood up, completely uninjured.  He dealt with the police, called a friend to come get his bike, and made it back to work only about a half hour late.  Of course, he'd never punched out prior to leaving work, so he wasn't even docked any pay...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:02 PM »

Dejavu......

I had a woman attorney and she wanted close up photos to blow up to life size just in case it went to court (her story) so I put a jock strap on and let her click away.  :huepfenlol2:

I was really blessed on that one.....God rode through that one with me! :2vrolijk_21:

That was truely the scariest ride that I ever took that I can still remember clearly. :nervous:

If she was hot I would not have worn no jock strap.   :pepper:

Lol

Todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:50 AM »

That's going to leave a mark..
Bill

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »

WOW !!
DND

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »

My riding buddy's older brother had the same experience, JC!  He was on lunch hour from his second shift job at the (now closed) local GM assembly plant, on his way back to work.  Driving about 50 mph, a lady with a van full of kids pulled in front of him.  He didn't even have time to hit the brakes on his ultra.  He hit the van broadside, but "jumped" off the floorboards just at the moment of impact.  He cleared the van, did a flip in the air and landed on his feet on the other side.  He did a couple of gentle rolls and stood up, completely uninjured.  He dealt with the police, called a friend to come get his bike, and made it back to work only about a half hour late.  Of course, he'd never punched out prior to leaving work, so he wasn't even docked any pay...

If he was still on the clock, had he got injured....it'd been workmen's comp.   ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »

If he was still on the clock, had he got injured....it'd been workmen's comp.   ;D

Trust me, if anyone would ever try to pull that off, he would!   :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »

He is probably a acrobat from a Russian circus. And was totally trained to do that move, for emergencies. Oh those Russians, so silly, always playing around.  :P
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »

Holy Chit  :1112:
My favorite color is chrome
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.