Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rcXcelerator  (Read 7107 times)

Soot

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5- Road King in Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Typhoon (blew in and blew out)
rcXcelerator
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »

Is anyone using the fuel management system by RCXcelerator. They claim that:
- does not require dyno tuning
- no adjustments
- no programming
- self tunes as you ride

This seems like one of those " too good to be true" type scenarios. If anyone is using one or knows anything about this product, could you please share your experiences. Thanks.

Soot   :nixweiss:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: rcXcelerator
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:16 AM »

Looks Identical to the Terry TV-3 just a different label, I have seen them mounted but never tried one my self
http://95.131.66.62/Terry_Components_Tv3_Harley_Fuel_Injection_Kit--product--111.html

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »

I had an early version on my old bike. I did not find it to be a worthy investment. Save up your money and then get a real tuning system. 
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »

IMHO, this is just another of the many products that rely on flashy ads and incredible claims to sell overpriced stuff of dubious value to the Harley market.  As Ironhorse recommended, get a real tuning solution.

Note if you will that this is another of the so-called tuning devices that allows NO adjustments by the user.  Whatever it may do (if anything), you will be unable to make any changes to suit your particular situation.  For instance, if your choice of exhaust leads to decel popping this thing won't allow you to tune it out.  If it's what I think it is, the only thing it does is adjust fuel during acceleration (thus the name of the product).

You can buy a real full featured tuning solution for about the same money. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »

Like what was said above, so-called "fuel management systems" are just marketing ripoffs. They tie in and attempt to fool the ECM to alter how much fuel it's telling the injectors to spray in on each cycle. It's not very smart to try to fool the ECM, as its whole purpose is to control all aspects of the fuel and spark based on the input it receives from the various sensors.

A proper calibration (i.e. a "good tune") is what is needed for any engine.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Soot

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »

That's what I love about this forum......when unsure of something, ask and there's always folks out there willing to share their knowledge. Thanks for the feedback ppl - much appreciated.

I've narrowed it down to either a PCV or a PowerVison. The problem is that my mods will be minimal:
               - Jackpot Cat-Free Headpipe
               - Rinehart 4" mufflers
               - Stock Ventilator A/C
I have no plans to swap out the cams or do any headwork. That was the whole purpose of buying a CVO. I just wanted that extra lil bit of punch and to be able to ride on a bike that breathes well; exhausts well and runs a bit cooler than norm. Would the PCV be adequate for my application??

thanks,
Soot

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »

That's what I love about this forum......when unsure of something, ask and there's always folks out there willing to share their knowledge. Thanks for the feedback ppl - much appreciated.

I've narrowed it down to either a PCV or a PowerVison. The problem is that my mods will be minimal:
               - Jackpot Cat-Free Headpipe
               - Rinehart 4" mufflers
               - Stock Ventilator A/C
I have no plans to swap out the cams or do any headwork. That was the whole purpose of buying a CVO. I just wanted that extra lil bit of punch and to be able to ride on a bike that breathes well; exhausts well and runs a bit cooler than norm. Would the PCV be adequate for my application??

thanks,
Soot

I'll throw out another option, one I think is better... The Fullsac Stage 1 CVO "Sleeper Kit"...

Fullsac X-Pipe D
Fullsac 2" (or 2.25") CVO PowerCore baffles
TTS MasterTune, with the calibration Fullsac will provide.

This is a proven set of components, developed and extensively tested by Fullsac, and is run by many on here. Costs less than the components you've stated, too, as it uses your CVO stock cans. You can also easily upgrade it by adding cams such as the Andrews 54H cams later. Fullsac provides a TTS calibration for that configuration, too.

Details here: http://fullsac.com/sleeper-kit-110.html

Or call Steve George at Fullsac.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »

Hey , Soot,

I hesitate to respond, because I've already made an ass of myself several times on this topic.  Some of us never learn..

As a newbie, i decided to try the Cobra Powrpro, which appears to be a similar type of fuel controller.  My new SG was not running great when I first brought it home;  ran very hot (300 on hot days), stalled when hot, had throttle lag, back fired and had decel popping.  So, planned to use the PowrPro while upgrading the motor until I was satisfied, then get a TTS Mastertune and dynotune it then.   When I first installed the PowrPro, I was really impressed.  It did everything as advertised.  Ran cooler, much better throttle response, almost completely eliminated back firing and decel popping, and adapted easily when I put on a whole new exhaust system.  It served its purpose, and now I've gone to the TTS after further mods.

There's three issues I have with those "self tuning" devices that measure crankshaft acceleration.  First is cost.  If they were $200-$250, they'd be a great option.  Somebody makes a fuel controller called a FuelPak, a simple controller that can be adjusted manually, that's pretty inexpensive, and works just as well.  Second, it ran inconsistently.  Idle was rough, I felt it ran too rich sometimes and the condition of the plugs showed it to be running rich.  One day my bike ran like a raped ape, and other days it seemed like the fueling was rough and inconsistent.  Finally, there's no way to adjust anything.  This is the fatal flaw, and makes it unacceptable for serious riders.  It will never work as well as a well dynotuned bike.

Don't get me wrong, these kinds of tuners work much better than the EPA compliant stock mappings on the ECMs.  But, there are better alternatives.  Like Ken and Jerry said above, the Fullsac setup with a TTS and map from Steve will cost less than the set up you mentioned earlier, and probably perform better.  Plus, if you have issues with the map Fullsac gives you, they will work with you until you're happy.

Take it from the voice of experience.

Dan

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »

I'll throw out another option, one I think is better... The Fullsac Stage 1 CVO "Sleeper Kit"...

Fullsac X-Pipe D
Fullsac 2" (or 2.25") CVO PowerCore baffles
TTS MasterTune, with the calibration Fullsac will provide.

This is a proven set of components, developed and extensively tested by Fullsac, and is run by many on here. Costs less than the components you've stated, too, as it uses your CVO stock cans. You can also easily upgrade it by adding cams such as the Andrews 54H cams later. Fullsac provides a TTS calibration for that configuration, too.

Details here: http://fullsac.com/sleeper-kit-110.html

Or call Steve George at Fullsac.

Ken

Soot

If the whole purpose of buying a CVO was so you don't have to do extra work to it then listen to the guy above.
You could reinvent the wheel and change and change with all the fuel controllers available but follow the advice above and you will be fine.
Fullsac is a great company with a great product run by people that believe in customer service.
Buy Fullsac package now and ride and have fun or screw around with all the poser products for a year or so then buy the Fullsac package.

Like Ken and Jerry said above, the Fullsac setup with a TTS and map from Steve will cost less than the set up you mentioned earlier, and probably perform better.  Plus, if you have issues with the map Fullsac gives you, they will work with you until you're happy.

Take it from the voice of experience.

Dan

Soot
Search the site.
Hundreds if not thousands of customers can't be wrong.
Fullsac is the way to go.
Your choice!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Soot

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will take a serious look at what Fullsac has to offer. I already have the 4" Rineharts but I suppose I could sell them easy enough.   :znotworthy:

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 26 queries.