Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 SEFLHR4  (Read 1793 times)

Frost

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

2008 SEFLHR4
« on: December 09, 2020, 11:51:27 PM »

I just bought this 2008 SEFLHR4 with 23,000 miles. I had a 2013 Softail Deluxe and I have to say even though this is an older bike I have to say what a difference in power and upgrades like ABS, cruise control and a security system. What I do miss is the counter balance engine and the smooth engine at idle and riding. I heard these touring bike do shake but I think mine may shake a bit more than usual even while riding I could see cars in the mirror shaking. I have checked the motor mount and it looks good not sure what else to check or maybe I just need to get used to it just being this way. when I came home the same day I bought the bike my upstair neighbor was right at the corner as I pulled up I put it in neutral, as he was complementing the bike he said "why does it shake so much" I just told him about the counter balance engine but here is link of the bike while idling any information or of this is normal please let me know. Thanks
[]

Priz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 08 CVO Road King FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 50 EL custom chop
    • CVO3: 76 FLH
Re: 2008 SEFLHR4
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »

I have a 08 SERK also and she shakes a lot as well. Got mine 2 riding seasons ago. I just rebuilt my compensator and haven't riden it yet, but all 4 springs were in little pieces for the last 5k miles I've been riding it. I think you will find that stock seat uncomfortable. A Corbin solo is working well for me. Also, what tires are on yours? I have commander II's and really dont like them. Terrible in the rain and not a Radial as the RK came with. Congrats on the CVO and welcome from Maryland

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of awareness that created them!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »

At the ages of your bikes you might also check the motor mounts it’s not uncommon for them to be worn out or broke.   I don’t recommend going after market, no matter what the pitch they give.   

The shakes I see in the video seem normal,  the fairing you/they added will add / accentuate the shake a little (mounting) compared to how a SESG is mounted, but it’s not crazy.

You can also look at the handle bar bushings again recommend OEM not aftermarket.

Isolaters as well on the swing arm

Tune can also play a factor in both air fuel and IAC for smoothness especially at idle. 

Noted you have Rinehart mufflers expect it’s the whole system and with a stepped header on true duals you would have less back pressure on each cylinder so tuning could also be contributing.   

Congrats on the new purchase -
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Frost

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:34:46 PM »

I have a 08 SERK also and she shakes a lot as well. Got mine 2 riding seasons ago. I just rebuilt my compensator and haven't riden it yet, but all 4 springs were in little pieces for the last 5k miles I've been riding it. I think you will find that stock seat uncomfortable. A Corbin solo is working well for me. Also, what tires are on yours? I have commander II's and really dont like them. Terrible in the rain and not a Radial as the RK came with. Congrats on the CVO and welcome from Maryland
Unfortunetly I have the Shinkos on the bike.  I was uncertain of making payments in 2021 so I sold my 2013 Deluxe and Bought this 2008 and didn't have enough to buy good tires so Shinkos was all I could afford. But considering the condition of the Dunlops tires that were on the bike , these are 100% better. She may not be a newer bike, but at least she's all mine.

Frost

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »

At the ages of your bikes you might also check the motor mounts it’s not uncommon for them to be worn out or broke.   I don’t recommend going after market, no matter what the pitch they give.   

The shakes I see in the video seem normal,  the fairing you/they added will add / accentuate the shake a little (mounting) compared to how a SESG is mounted, but it’s not crazy.

You can also look at the handle bar bushings again recommend OEM not aftermarket.

Isolaters as well on the swing arm

Tune can also play a factor in both air fuel and IAC for smoothness especially at idle. 

Noted you have Rinehart mufflers expect it’s the whole system and with a stepped header on true duals you would have less back pressure on each cylinder so tuning could also be contributing.   

Congrats on the new purchase -
I will look at the motor mounts more closely this spring since I probably won't be doing much riding this winter. Also thanks for the tip on the handlebar bushings and the tuning. I did noticed a bit of decelerations pop as I was ridding, it definitely would benefit from some kind of tuner. Thanks again

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.