Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Modular helment  (Read 32241 times)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Modular helment
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2015, 10:02:09 PM »

A bit of a side note: Sena is coming out with a few versions of custom-fit headsets called 10U and each is a special design to integrate into  particular helmets, including the C3 the NeoTec and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Saxton

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »

Have 34000 miles in two years with my shoei neotech. A bunch of our HOG group are using it. Great helmet and worth the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »

I started riding with Bell when I first started using a helmet, had one of the first Bell-Stars in the early '70's, it had such a small eye port you had to work to see, but I was poor and they were free (we were a WD for the line at the shop I worked in), bought several more Bell's over the years but in '99 I bought a Shoei and have since bought 5 more. Currently we are both wearing Neotech's. Best Helmet I have ever worn, very quite, good airflow, cheek pads that can be swapped for a better fit and it only takes about a minute to do it. Have my HD supplied headset's in them, They are just wonderful helmets. I like the pivot being a singular unit that inc the chinbar and the shield.
I went down in '74 and slide on my face, along way. Wearing a Bell Star, it ate thru the chinbar but never put a scratch on me so I have worn full face ever since. I am a proponent of everyone wearing one. IMHO.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2015, 04:43:11 AM »

Just got Bell Revolver Evo helmets for me and Mrs.  First modulars for us. No review yet either. Ocean city bike event had a Harley sales tent with $50 any helmet. Nobody looking at full face models. We got there late afternoon and found two that fit that still had package taped around helmets. First skulls to try on. So google it and see they are $200 everywhere. Wore a Bell motocross helmet 30 years ago that saved my face. Give these a try.
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2015, 04:52:52 AM »

Will

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »

Thinking of buying the Schuberth C3 there's a pretty price reduction on Reveille currently. I've never tried on a modular helmet and in fact for the most part I do not ride with a full face helmet mostly because I haven't found one I wanted to spend the dough on. Modular vs. Full face whats the opinion on comfort between the two?  TX's

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2015, 02:31:24 PM »

I got Bell helmets this year and they are pretty nice. Half helmet half time and lidless the other half usually. Wife and I put headsets inside and works little better than 3/4 helmet.
Will

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

Modular helment
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-revolver-evo-helmet-solid#videos_tab

Got them through Harley dealer clearance at 50 bucks each
Will

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2015, 02:23:05 PM »

Received the C3 today I deciding if I'm going to keep I've ridden so many years with a half helmet this is going to take a bit getting used too. I'll have to say it fits pretty comfortable I ordered a size larger than Revzilla measurement suggested I think I'm glad I did unless over time the fit changes as the helmet wears in.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »

I know how you feel.  I ordered the lazer Monaco carbon fiber from revzilla last winter.  I only use it during the colder days and it is definitely an adjustment getting used to it.  but, after you do get used to it, it isn't so bad.  but I do enjoy it when the weather warms up and I can rock the half helmet again :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:42:55 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »

Can give a review for a few rides. We have not used the chin piece to seal out the wind, so we have some noise. Highway is nice and local good helmet. Secure and plenty of view. Harley headsets fit perfect, and sound very good. The mic gets in way at times when first put on, like I don't know where it should be with the chin bar up, then down, I have to move it, but that is a minor complaint. Mine might be a hair big, I say that cause I got the head ich one day and usually that's from wearing a loose helmet. So going to try a doo rag or bandana under it. My fault on size as they were only two modular on sale. Wife loves hers. Feel way more protected out on road and can hear each other and radio better than using bike speakers and yelling back and forth.
Rode alone on a cold day with chaps and black jacket, Called robo cop by my buddies but got thick skin.

links to Bell and some reviews of others...
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-revolver-evo-helmet-solid#videos_tab

Will

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »

I really love my Shark Evo. Its a little heavy but the way the locking chin bar rotates all the way back makes it great!

BigLew

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »

I never had a full face helmet. Always had a 3/4 helmet.  Question can you still hear the stereo because they are supposed to be quiet.
I think the modular is the way to go because it would be easier to take glasses on and off or drink or eat a snack without removing the helmet.  Yellow Shoei Neotech or ??? My Bike is Yellow.I have looked at many and can't make up my mind. One other thing Helmets come in different shapes? I only  see size options and colors when ordering.
Thanks

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »

I'll let you know my thoughts after I get a chance to wear the thing it somehow got wrapped and is under the tree I'll be interested in the sound level also. I don't really want the head set system unless I could find one that was for the stereo only and was of high quality sound and would bluetooth. No interest in bluetooth with a passenger or additional riders.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.