Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Clearview Windshield With Vent?  (Read 13958 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Clearview Windshield With Vent?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »

Well the windshield came in while I was out last week, well wrapped and no scratches.

I do have a question though.  When I took it from my office last Friday, I missed the gasket and weather strip.  So I installed it using my rubber weather strip.  It fit nice, but would like to do the full install now with the kit that came with the new shield.

It has two foam 1/4" x 1" one side sticky black foam.  Does this go on the fairing at the same height as the blackout on the rear of the shield or does it work better on the shield.  The info sheet said to do the fairing, but they are very vague on where to place the foam.

Can someone shed some light on the install?

As far as the wind, it seems a lot better and the BSR said less wind as well.  I thought I bought too tall, but after riding it for a hundred miles, it seems about right.  I can see easily over it and there's very little if any buffeting.

So for now, it seems to be okay.  I'm sure other brands of the same height would be just as good, so I'm not getting into that.

Thanks again for the input.

If anyone can help me with the foam strips, I'd be greatly appreciative...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »

Dan, If you use the stock inside rubber gasket the weather stripping material that was provided is not needed. The black edge trim I used on one bike with the GT, my CVO has the chrome cover so I didn't use it there.

As far as a riding pocket I have lowers installed year around and it greatly improves wing buffeting. I can smoke a cigar while riding down the road, I'm not advocating smoking er doing such while riding.

Hope it works out for ya

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »

Dan, If you use the stock inside rubber gasket the weather stripping material that was provided is not needed. The black edge trim I used on one bike with the GT, my CVO has the chrome cover so I didn't use it there.

As far as a riding pocket I have lowers installed year around and it greatly improves wing buffeting. I can smoke a cigar while riding down the road, I'm not advocating smoking er doing such while riding.

Hope it works out for ya

TN

I haven't tried my '09 original rubber gasket since I took off the "deflector" when new.  It's a very thick and molded gasket and it did not come close to fitting my first Klock Werks 12" windshield so I never tried it on the next three.

From my streetrod days, I had a roll of soft rubber "U" shaped door weather-strip material that fits normal windshields very well.  That's what I've been using on all my aftermarket shields.

I'll check out the original and see what works best.  My re-used rubber "U" weather-strip does not fill the gaps very well so maybe Clearview has a better idea with their supplied gaskets.

Thanks for the info.

Have a great day.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »

Dan, as I recall the stock inside gasket did require some tweaking to get everything to fit properly. I wouldn't have it any other way.  :nixweiss:

Ride On

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »

I'm getting ready to leave in the morning for ES Pre-GTG.

I'm hoping the larger shield will fend off some of the possible rain I'll see as well as protect me from the cold in the morning.  It's going to be in the 40's here when I leave.

Long term report when I get back home.  So far though, all is good with the shield.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:59 AM »

Well I rode down to Eureka Springs last week for the Pre-NMITM event.  The windshield worked great.

As I said in the beginning I thought this might be too tall for me, but after I get all settled in, the height seems to be very good.

Although I didn't have the good fortune to ride in the rail to see how well it deflected the drops, it did a great job on bugs and the like.

I think that there may be cheaper alternatives out there, but I am happy with the quality of the windshield and think it's a fair price.

I would recommend Clearview.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:35 PM »

Dan maybe in missed it somewhere but what did the Clearview measure out? I am running a 18" Bailey Euro and it measures about 13 above the speedo and the top is actually rearward of the speedo.
Most great stores start with a bad decision
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.