Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Howl  (Read 2772 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Re: Howl
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »

tj did you get your problem resolved   why not trade it for an 11 model just kiddin  :bananarock:
I had tire checked at two dealers. Both say nothing wrong with tire. I can only hear the sound on a blacktop road and it has to be a quiet area. Hard to find close around here.
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »

I had tire checked at two dealers. Both say nothing wrong with tire. I can only hear the sound on a blacktop road and it has to be a quiet area. Hard to find close around here.

That sounds familiar......that's what I was told by the dealership.  Jim (hd-dude) was the one that told me it was my tire.  Rode it for several more weeks and the noise got louder (only on certain roads) till I finally changed the tire......the noise was gone instantly. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »

I have no idea how those dealers "checked" the tire, but it shouldn't surprise anyone that a Harley dealer tells you something is "normal".  I'm pretty sure it's part of the franchise agreement and one of the first things a new dealer is taught, everything is "normal" until the mothership says otherwise.  And the mothership only says otherwise after at least a year or more of trying to wiggle out of any responsibility.

Take your bare hand and cup it lightly over the tread, slide your hand over the tire in one direction, then back in the other direction.  Does the tread feel smooth in both directions, or do you feel sharp edges when you slide your hand one way?  The first indications, before the abnormal wear becomes visible, are found by feel.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »

Sounds like a great reason to trade in for an 2011
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.