Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Need New WATERPROOF boots  (Read 12025 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Need New WATERPROOF boots
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »

On a long road trip to Alaska and thought my Bates Gortex boots were waterproof.  But when it really starts raining the lower half leaks someplace. I think it's in the fabric area above the leather.  Anyway, is there good waterproof boot that really works?  I've heard the FXRG boots are good, but you can't get them anymore. I know the FXRG leather jacket works. So, give me some advice.  Thanks
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

ultrarider123

Re: Need New WATERPROOF boots
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »

Lucked out and bought a pair of the FXRG's that were in the discount pile.  Had them for about 4 months now and love 'em.  NO water leaks in and I've stood in puddles just to make sure.  The last pair I got were from HD (NOT FXRG) and while they were suppose to be waterproof, got my socks wet in a brief shower....took them back and got my money back.  Paid 70% off the FXRG's and happy.  My other riding boots have been some 18 year old Rocky's.  Gortex, insulated and NEVER had my feet wet.  Still have them and ride with them from time to time.  Not motorcycle boots but hey, if your feet stay warm, dry and comfortable during and after the ride, why worry if they don't look like motorcycle boots.  I would say you should be able to find some capable boots in AK during your next few days so good luck, be safe and look forward to the pics while you are there and your return trip.

Have a half sister that lived in Fairbanks for 15 years....she and her husband loved it but we never got up there to visit with her.  Should probably be kicked for that mistake.....

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »

Stop by a farm and fleet store and get the rubber over booth farmers are using. Aerostich sells that as well but that will not help you on the road. I have a pair that rools up in the sadlebag. 100% waterproof.

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »

Sidi's are excellent. I'm on my third year with a pair. Still dry and comfortable.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »

Own a couple pair of the FXRG. Ridden in rain and no leaks. You can still find most sizes on ebay.

Timbuck2

• AK

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 12:36:37 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 03:14:09 AM »

Ridge 9000 Ultimate Side Zipper.  Waterproof - never leaks, lightweight, very comfortable & very good service at a lower cost than many on the market. 

https://ridgeoutdoors.com/shop/waterproof-boots/9000-ultimate.html
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »

Ridge 9000 Ultimate Side Zipper.  Waterproof - never leaks, lightweight, very comfortable & very good service at a lower cost than many on the market. 

https://ridgeoutdoors.com/shop/waterproof-boots/9000-ultimate.html

Those remind me of the SWAT boots I have which produce the same results.  Think I paid $89 for them at one of the bike rallies.

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »

waterproof boots = water gets in, can't leak out.   
I'd rather push a Harley, than ride a Honda

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 09:06:06 AM »

Those remind me of the SWAT boots I have which produce the same results.  Think I paid $89 for them at one of the bike rallies.

Very similar, Jock.  Sometimes see these discounted at rallies.  Side zipper makes for easy off/on.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 09:08:24 AM »

Cruiserworks are good but kind of pricey. Comfortable and can walk around in them all day. They have new owners that made good on a pair I purchased previously the sole had cracked and found out they had a bad bunch at one time. Waterproof as well.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 10:42:47 PM »

Gaerne Balance Oiled.  They're very pricey, but absolutely waterproof, not crazy hot in the summer, and super comfortable.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:18 PM »

I purchased a pair during the Outer Banks Rally and I love them. I also have Cruiser Works that need to go back for repair.
Both are waterproof.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »

Red Wing. I've had mine over 10 years. Complete water proof but I ride behind lowers. They come in H width for extra wide feet. 40 plus years working the flight line in USAF spread both feet with those boots we had to wear.
Mitch

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »

Take a look at Cabela's selection for outdoor/hiking. When I used to backpack with the scouts they had an extensive selection and good return policies.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.