Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 14" Buky Malo Install Help,,,,,please  (Read 1782 times)

fatboy9

• CVO1: 2009 road glide cvo orange/black
14" Buky Malo Install Help,,,,,please
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »

I am going to install a set of 14" Buky Bars Malo apes, and I need to find out a little about the brake and clutch lines on my 2009 CVO. I've seen on this board that the stock lengths are around 66" for both the brake and clutch lines, so I probably need to add +6" to have enough length. My question is I was tracing the brake line down to the ABS module, looks like there is some metal tubing under the tank to make the line move laterlerly at a 45° angle, then back to flex to the ABS. Is this necessary? Do I need to replace the entire length? Also, on clutch line, I see right near the triple tree, a shrink wrapped section, looks like a joint in there. Anybody know if that is right? Can I just buy enough tubing to reach that point?

Sorry, but I am totally confused here and no one, not even harley dealer, can answer these questions. I'm sure the LAchoppers kit does not have the right stuff for the CVO's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scottie

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: 14" Buky Malo Install Help,,,,,please
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »

This is my info from the vendor section for Johnny Vaughn and HD Bike Parts when I went to new bars. He can help you with all your needs and is good to deal with, worth a try.
" Ordered WO502s, hydraulic clutch line, front brake abs upper line and grips from Johnny and wanted to express my gratitude for his excellent service. He didn't have the hydraulic clutch line (just the straight fitting) for my CVO with the small bend at the cover end and went out of his way to have one made up for me so my new line will be same as stock. He will now stock the proper end for all CVOs which will eliminate any guesswork and will have them listed on his website hdbikeparts.com, he answered all my emails promptly and was great to deal with, couldn't be happier, he probably saved me $1500.00 then if I would have ordered and had the work done from the dealer."
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

GMONEY

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:33:54 AM »

Ditto on Johnny Vaughn @ HDbikeparts.  He's the Cable Guru and fantastic to work with.  Give him a call or email him your set-up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\_/ Chicks Dig Ape Hangers \_/
IronButt Assoc. #27301
Long Range Riding Platoon

fatboy9

• CVO1: 2009 road glide cvo orange/black
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:40:44 AM »

Thanks for the info guys. 

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.