Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 176536 times)

Glenncarp

Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #690 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »

It sure has been quiet  regarding the 2014's?? Changes???  Models??  Will they bring back the SG?? Should be fun to watch what happens this year 

This is what I posted on another thread on this forum:

"I have a '11 SERGU and I was on a long ride when my exhaust bolt to the front cylinder came loose. I found a close HD shop and while they were repairing my bike. I saw the '14 limited. I had the sales manager show me the updates. and all I can say is "Wow". The double DIN radio alone is awesome. GPS in screen. With a headset and VOX mic you can speak to GPS and radio. If you are using sirrius/XM and you say "country" the radio switches to that genera of music. If using GPS and you say "1234 Mains St, Milwaukee" GPS adds that location. huge amp included, 6 speakers, but two on saddle bag are hidden in back. All backs have single latch and close as smooth as a Mercedes door. Gauges are now in radio for dumb ones, oil pressure and air temp, so gauge cluster is neat. Radio is finally Bluetooth and can read your text messages from your phone and you can reply using VOX too. They added height to the front forks and made the rear seat wider and the tour pack sleeker without taking away any room. Water cooled engine had same rumble as all the other engines and radiators are almost invisible. From all of the HD guys I spoke to they stated when the front vent on the windshield is open, the air flow is non existent at your face, one guy said he wore a base ball hat forward and when he closed the vent (push button on fairing) the hat blew off. To change the odometer selections, the button is now on the left grip, so no more leaning forward and taking a hand off the bars."

I found the 104 changes so significant that I am awaiting the Road Glide in '15 and if it is anything close to the 14' Limited I saw, I will make the change. No '14 Road Glide as they are re designing the fairing to fit the double DIN radio and incorporate the air vent system. I was VERY impressed with the upgrades.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #691 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »

Is that true that there are  speakers in the saddlebags?  Hadn't heard that anywhere before.

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #692 on: September 09, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »

Is that true that there are  speakers in the saddlebags?  Hadn't heard that anywhere before.

I don't think there's a single model with that this year.  I've seen them all over the interwebs and several in person.  I've yet to see a speaker in the bag.  They do have the lids in the catalog, so maybe someone saw one of them and got confused?
 :nixweiss:
Big Lew
IBA #595

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #693 on: September 09, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »

I don't think there's a single model with that this year.  I've seen them all over the interwebs and several in person.  I've yet to see a speaker in the bag.  They do have the lids in the catalog, so maybe someone saw one of them and got confused?
 :nixweiss:
The CVO limited only had 4 speakers...  :-\

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ultrarider123

« Reply #694 on: September 10, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »

Got to see the innards of the '14 batwing this afternoon. Interesting changes. Like the surround in back of the speaker to give it more umph.

Oh, by the way, they had it removed trying to get the brand new radio on the brand new bike to work from the factory  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:33:57 PM by Haird »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #695 on: September 10, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »

Got to see the innards of the '14 batwing this afternoon. Interesting changes. Like the surround in back of the speaker to give it more umph.

Oh, by the way, they had it removed trying to get the brand new radio on the brand new bike to work from the factory  :huepfenlol2:

Wow! That pic REALLY shows how CANBUS has so greatly simplified the wiring... there are WAY fewer wires in the fairing than there are in the pre-2014 Touring bikes.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #696 on: September 10, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »

Ken
Do you have any good pictures of your exhaust? Think I'm going to put that on the 14 I have coming.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #697 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »

Wow! That pic REALLY shows how CANBUS has so greatly simplified the wiring... there are WAY fewer wires in the fairing than there are in the pre-2014 Touring bikes.

Ken

You got that right Ken! as you know an amazing amount of data/information can be transmitted using CANBUS or MODBUS communications. As long as the timing of the signals stays in sync.
 Unfortunately troubleshooting problems can be a challenge for those unfamiliar with the system hardware/software - and even for those familiar with it, and electronic parts can get very expensive very quickly. That alone may make ESP's economical for the new models.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.