Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Who makes the best rain gear????  (Read 10248 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Who makes the best rain gear????
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »

Ha Ha I remember those days. The guys at work called me the man from glad. Also used bread bags over my hands and plastic bags over my shoes. Worked graves so not to many people saw me. :huepfenlol2:

;D  good times!

Would stuff cardboard into my pants especially in front of my knees since had no chaps.  Newspapers inside my shirt if cold & forgot a jacket.  If rainy when I got home would pour out my boots & hop n the shower as quick as possible to warm up.

Remember some very strange looks at traffic lights wearing those trashbags.   :)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »

Boy do I recall those days (and I do mean old days!).  Socks for gloves and anything else that would help. I started riding while in the USMC. I can still remember the day it started to rain and I decided to bring my bike in out of the rain. Well floors in the USMC are waxed very well.  Add those great floors and wet tires together and I thought I spinning on ice. At the time I thought the plastic rain suits and socks for gloves was just great!  Of course life was very simple and I lived it to the most! 

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »

I like the rain gear form Harley
Easy to put on on the side of the road!
Good night reflector on back and sides.
Packs good.
The hood is made to fit under your helmet!!
Excellent pockets!!
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »

We have hand me down Road Master gear from my wife's aunt and uncle. We're very please with it. No issues at all. I do like the thought of some Hi Vis gear though. We got caught in the rain on every trip last year. We started packing our safety vest we got with the Steel Toe tour we took at the York Plant last May and wear them also when we get caught in the really hard rain.
Picked up some of the Hi Vis stuff off of ebay for the wife and I. Great stuff. I'll be passing along my old gear to someone in need.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.