Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screaming eagle heads  (Read 7308 times)

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
Screaming eagle heads
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »

Any one tried the Harley sreaming eagle heads? How well do they flow?
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

hogasm

Re: Screaming eagle heads
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »

Which ones?

What part number are you looking at, and what motor combination are you trying to use them with?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

Any one tried the Harley sreaming eagle heads? How well do they flow?

I did a fairly mild build up of my 07 96" motor to a 103" using SE Heads P/N 16953-06. I am very pleased with them. The motor runs better than my 03 SERK since I was able to couple these heads with an SE-257 cam. HOWEVER, my best bro and fellow site member Screamin_Beagle just put a set of Freedom cams in his 103" 05 Cherry Bomb and that bike has more punch than my built up 103 (once he swapped out his Hooker True Duals for Reinharts.) So as with everything it's the right combination of parts. IMO Yes, the Screamin Eagle Performance Heads in the SE Catalogue are good heads. But just adding heads won't gain you much. You'd be better off adding a set of the Freedom or Zippers Cams as far as bang for your buck is concerned. Now if money isn't that big a problem and you're willing to spend $5,000 or so, then go for it. Heads, cams, throttle body and a bunch of stuff. There's a host of people around here willing to offer advice for basically whatever the end result you're looking for might be. Give em a price range, tell em how much TQ and HP you're hoping for and you'll get some solid advice. Just be upfront though on what it is you want out of your bike. Don't be hoping you can build a 150/150 motor you can ride 10,000 maintenance free miles.

B B

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:16:10 AM »

I just purchased a new 07 road glide with the 96 cubic inch engine and the six speed. I had the 103 kit with different cams installed with the D&D fat cat 2 into one exhaust and the power commander. I let carls speed shop in Daytona Beach map it for me. The h.p. was 92 and the torque was 111 ft lbs at 5500 rpm. They coudnt raise the rev limter to 6000 through the power commander. The hp and torque curve was smooth and steady. It climbed almost straight up was as flat as a table till it hit the rev limiter.

My 2005 screaming eagle electra glide  103 cubic inches with a hooker 2 into one and a power commander dynoed 96 h.p. and only a 103 ft lbs of torque.

I took the roadglide back to the harley shop and had them add the new heads with the forged aluminum pistons that give it 10:5 to one compression ratio. They also had to change the push rods and clearence the heads.

I only have 100 miles on the new top end but it seems to feel stronger.
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 09:29:12 AM »

............ They coudnt raise the rev limter to 6000 through the power commander. .........

You can raise the rev limit on the PCIII by using the Rev X-tend feature. If its an older PCIII you'll need to purchase a 30 firmware upgrade

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 04:19:09 PM »

I have the SE perf heads on my FXDWG3 and they work very well. 
With a mild cam (TW31G with .510 lift) I'm making 98.13 hp and 100.66lbs ft out of a 95" .

In terms of flow , 219 cfm about 3 CFM less than a Branch,  I picked mine up from Zanotti's for about $600.

I've talked with Mike at Latus HD and he said that on a 103 with SE 251's or similar they would be a good choice as well .
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:25:16 PM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »

I don't much get into dyno charts. They're good for the tuner to see where he's at, but as is often the case most of these guys skip the baseline. We'll never know what Beagle's bike was doing BEFORE he added the Freedom Cams because Cycle Visions did not baseline the bike. But I will tell you his 103 Cherry Bomb was Faster than my 103 SERK And that's the name of the game. Out on the street where the rubber meets the road not on a spinning drum. This whole dyno drag thing is for people who can't ride IMHO.

Anyway, my motto is : You beat me your bike's faster. I beat you, mine is.

Don't matter what the piece of paper says.

B B

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 03:34:33 AM »

I had the harley dealership install the forged 103 aluminum pistons p/n 22483-04 which gives the engine 10:5 to 1 compression ratio when used with the sceaming eagle pro heads p/n 17071-03B and the SE 255 cam .550 lift which has good low end and mid range torque. I am using a D&D  2-1 fat cat for a exhaust system. The engine has only 100 miles on it right now and I can hardley wait to get it broke so I can see how it runs.

Tros

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »

I had the Harley dealership install the forged 103 aluminum pistons p/n 22483-04 which gives the engine 10:5 to 1 compression ratio when used with the sceamin' eagle pro heads p/n 17071-03B and the SE 255 cam .550 lift which has good low end and mid range torque. I am using a D&D  2-1 fat cat for a exhaust system. The engine has only 100 miles on it right now and I can hardly wait to get it broke so I can see how it runs.

I look forward to your next dyno results.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 05:31:10 PM »

The CNC pro head is not bad for a out of the box head, The standard HTCC head is by far way too much trouble to bother with, from ping to high engine temps, to really not making any great power I would take a pass on those. The HD performance heads are not bad either, with some very mild clean up work they are a great bang for the buck if you can locate them cheap. Swap out the seals, CC the heads, do some clean up in the ports and you have a good running head.  Out of the box we find the seals to leak, be missing, valve seal to seat poor, and the cc in the chamber to be off a few cc from front to rear. All easy things to fix. But once you have bought the heads, then ensure that you will have many trouble free miles and get the most from them what you you spent??  A ported CNC head with a 1.9/ 1.625 that we do is 850, will flow 149/151 @ 10 inches. They are cut on a 6 axis CNC machine. These are the heads that we make on a 100-104 hp and and 108-114 tq on 98 inch kits with a 37 g and 9.8.1 compression.  So looking to haveing your own head ported is always a great idea as you can tailor that porting to your set up vs a out of the box one size fits all.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 26 queries.