Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: FRIEND OF MY SON GETS HIS FIRST HARLEY, IT DOES'NT LAST LONG  (Read 3956 times)

mark

Re: FRIEND OF MY SON GETS HIS FIRST HARLEY, IT DOES'NT LAST LONG
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »

It's alway saddening to read about something like this. However, if he still has the desire to ride, it's still possible.  I saw a one-armed Harley rider that had his clutch moved to the right handlebar (he was missing his left).  He rode just as well as anyone.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »

Jeff, I could have gone without hearing about this. I pray for this young mans recovery and hope he is strong willed to bounce back from this and go forward in his life.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »

So sorry to hear this, it could happen to any of us, hope he has a speedy recovery.
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 10:05:40 AM »

Its a simple case of mind over matter

Douglas Badder flew spitfires in WW2 with two wooden legs.  He was an ACE, and a Squadron Commander.

Things can be done to get him back up and running on a bike or in life.  He just needs support and a strong will, and he can do anything.

Hope the recovery is quick and he is back to normal quickly
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »

I think it ends up being a "mental" issue  more than a physical issue after a little time.
He has been in good spirits but your mind can get the best of you if do not pay attention.

he has lots of friends and support that should help.

Concentrating on things you can do as opposed to things you can no longer do is a big factor.

Thanks guys for all of the good wishes. Given the chance I will pass them along. 
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that.  That just ain't right.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that.  That just ain't right.  Later--HUBBARD

you are so right Ken, but life has never been about fair.   Life goes on

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 06:12:57 AM »

Wish him the best in his recovery sad hearing story's like this !!

DND

JQCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »

Very sorry to hear this. Tough one.
My son is 25 and "surprised" me earlier this year by showing me his completion certificate for a motorcycle course. 3 days of training in a parking lot and you can bring your certificate down to the DMV and get your license.
He bought a used 800cc Suzuki as a starter bike and has been riding with me, slowly getting used to it and learning the ropes. I have to admit, I am very conflicted about my son riding a bike. I know this sounds hypocritical since I ride, but it's MY HIDE on the line, not his.
We live in metro NY (Long Island) and cagers are crazy here. They simply do not care. Recently someone passed us across a double yellow line because he was going too slow. He is being very conservative which is a good thing.
It's tough when it's your kid. Love the sport, but people in cars are crazy and you are taking a knife to a gunfight on a bike.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 06:56:54 PM »

I had the same reservations when my son started. I did not encourage him at all. I can pay the price for my decisions but cannot fathom the fall out if he got hurt on a bike. I cannot carry that burden.  The complicating issue is the amount of people now not paying attention texting. It is getting scary at times as a cager.  That may be the ultimate reason some day I may give it up altogether.

Formally FLHTCUSE3

J.Mart60

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHX non-CVO
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:34 AM »

So sad to hear a story like that, so young. He does have a long row to hoe for sure. Give him our best wishes and all the moral support we can muster to send his way.
If you want that pat on the back when you do well, you must also accept that kick in the ass when you screw up!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.