Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEXX Carbon Fiber Helmet  (Read 1474 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
NEXX Carbon Fiber Helmet
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:18:29 AM »

As most of you know I am not an helmet advocate... but with my upcoming trip I elected to buy a full face helmet.

I perused the online ads including revzilla.. but as we know finding a helmet that fits your head how you like it unless you try it on.

So we spent Sunday at the dealership flipping burgers and dogs, doing a Chapter membership drive...

I wound up trying a few on...(I have a pretty fat head...) an XL fit better than a Shoei 2XL or a few other brands... initially it felt odd so I took it off, found the liner installed crooked, set it right and slid it back on... nice!

It even fit my jaw right! so I got 20% off the MSRP ($599) so it was a little less than $500... wore it home and I actually like it. Light (1200g) comfortable even for my fat head and good ventilation. Great peripheal vision (one of my key gripes against full face helmets).

Shoud be fun... only one complaint... my ride is a 7 mile uphill grade.. the drone of the exhaust is annoying... I'm glad the rentals have stock exhaust!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.