Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: MMI, Orlando  (Read 5089 times)

mark

Re: MMI, Orlando
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »

The BIG thing I tried to impress on my godson before I contributed to his MMI school education (deans list grad too) is that he needed to focus on the end result--what he would be making--salary, benefits medical 401k etc. before he went through the school and all of the money and time was spent.

Unfortunately he didn't listen and ended up leaving a Harley dealership after 3 years for those exact reasons--not enough money and benefits for him and a young family starting out.

Unfortunately, in our 20s and 30s most don't think about things like 401(k), health insurance, etc., when choosing a career.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:29:44 AM by Mark »

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »

But thats fine with me as long as he is happy and doing what he loves to do. :bananarock:

Thats what it is all about!!! How many people work at a job they don't like for their entire career??? That would make one miserable. Serk3 you couldn't ask for anything more. I wish him well.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »

Nice to here !!! Good luck to your son !!!
DND

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »

My son started attending MMI Orlando in Oct. 2013 and finish Dec. 23rd 2014 with graduation Jan. 2nd 2015, He finished 3 weeks early with a 3.9 GPA and 96% attendance record.

So now he is going to take a 6 week course in early model Harley motors, Knuckle, Pans etc.

I'm not bragging, Just a proud Dad.  :orange:

And proud you should be.

Since he seems to want to stay at Tampa, let him go for it. Take every class he can.

When I graduated from my Auto/Diesel Tech school, I started at a small gas station, quickly moved to a bigger gas station then started at the bottom a very large highway Chrysler dealer. The dealer gave me the opportunity to learn, and learn quickly. I went from a used car mech to on the "line" as a "C" and was at "A" status before the year was up.
That experience gave me the tools I needed to advance form there.

Wish him well, sure do need some new hands getting into the business.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »

congrats to you dad!! lots of things he can do with skills. like open his own ????? little business classes to go with it. local Harley dealership owner pretty much done the same in 1959.be proud. still owns and runs his dealership :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 24 queries.