Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Corbin seat  (Read 9484 times)

beto47

• TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO CONVERTIBLE
Corbin seat
« on: December 17, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »

Just bought a 2014 cvo road king and do not like the seat thinking of trying a corbin solo close, has anyone had any experience with this seat?? any and all comments appreciated.Also is there any convenient place for the battery tender hookup? hate to keep pulling the side cover off.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
Re: Corbin seat
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »

I had Corbin build a dual tour close and the wife and I love it. Much more comfortable and I was able to roll the bars a little forward which is much more comfortable for me. We can do 8 hour days without a problem. The only thing I don't like is the rider backrest it too thick to use when she is on the bike. When they do the backrest it is about 2 inches thicker than a standard to make up for your new position. I kind of like her snuggled up against my back though! As far as the lead for the battery tender I have mine coming out over the transmission under the seat right above the starter and just tuck it back up in once unplugged.
T-MAN 117 kit

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:14:17 PM »

I have a Corbin solo with backrest. The seat is very comfortable but the backrest sucks. you can only adjust it forward or backward and when you do the angle changes and digs into your back. I took my Mustang backrest and made a tongue  to weld to the Mustang tongue   and slide into the Corbin. Works great as it moves with you. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »

While I run the factory seat modified on my CVORK, on my CVO Road Glides I have been running the corbin solo.  I have just over 50K miles on the seat in three years and it still looks great.  Just replaced the Hammock seat on my CVORGU with this corbin.  I highly reccomend corbin, the back rest takes work to get it right.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 03:02:23 AM »

My battery tender is routed just below the seat, in the gap above the oil filler. I have changed it to a optimate type though

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:44 AM »

I have a Corbin solo with backrest. The seat is very comfortable but the backrest sucks. you can only adjust it forward or backward and when you do the angle changes and digs into your back. I took my Mustang backrest and made a tongue  to weld to the Mustang tongue   and slide into the Corbin. Works great as it moves with you. Billy

Interesting idea with the backrest! Any pictures please of this :2vrolijk_21:

That's one thing I noticed with the corbin also that the backrest doesn't swivel like the mustang does and when I sat on a gunfighter seat the backrest top edge dug right into my back.
However if you are using a mustang backrest surely the vinyl covering will not match the leather seat or maybe it's not to noticeable, thinking of getting a classic solo for my bike soon, just deciding between the classic solo or gunfighter seat.
Ride free brothers!

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »

Love my Corbin seats one on my CUSE2 and my KTM525 dualsport. Yes that's right Corbin even makes Em for dirt bikes.
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

beto47

• TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO CONVERTIBLE
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »

Thanks for all the responce, hope the seat works out. What is the advantage of the optimate battery tender?

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 04:51:20 AM »

Thanks for all the responce, hope the seat works out. What is the advantage of the optimate battery tender?

Have used various Optimate models over the last 10 years, never had an issue, always hooked upto the bike when in the garage. Generally a good bit of kit. And it works with the canbus on my 14
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:48:58 AM by casbar »

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »

Pictures I hope Billy

Interesting idea with the backrest! Any pictures please of this :2vrolijk_21:

That's one thing I noticed with the corbin also that the backrest doesn't swivel like the mustang does and when I sat on a gunfighter seat the backrest top edge dug right into my back.
However if you are using a mustang backrest surely the vinyl covering will not match the leather seat or maybe it's not to noticeable, thinking of getting a classic solo for my bike soon, just deciding between the classic solo or gunfighter seat.
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 04:49:51 PM »

#2 still need to chrome Billy

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »

Great , many thanks for the pictures Billy, looks like an answer to that problem :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

rsike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »

Just received a Corbin seat for my 2015 RGU, it does not fit correctly and hard as a rock. Corbin insist it is the correct seat and will not fix it. Their customer service sucks, very condescending, this is my second seat from them first one was great. I will never buy their product again and suggest you look at a different brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.