Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rinehart tru duals 2" so what wrong with Em?  (Read 1428 times)

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Rinehart tru duals 2" so what wrong with Em?
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »

I have them and love the sound as well as upper rpm pull. So what's wrong with them? I've read some posts here n there but want everyone's opinion on them good or bad. Experience please.
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Rinehart tru duals 2" so what wrong with Em?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:31:46 PM »

On the dyno true duals are not supposed to give the low end power that 2-1-2 will give you. If you have them and the bike runs good and you're happy then that is all that matters. I just went with true duals on my '15 SESG.....now I need to wait until spring to test them out.

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Re: Rinehart tru duals 2" so what wrong with Em?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 04:56:01 AM »

I don't have the Rinehart true duals, but I have put true duals on my last four bikes.  Currently, I have the V&H Dresser Duals with Rinehart 4 inch slip ons.  As far as performance goes, people talk about losing low end torque.  I'm sure that is true on a dyno.  I couldn't tell any difference riding my bikes.  In my opinion, they look better and sound better than stock.  The down side for me, in all of my bikes, was that I got some decel popping after installing the true duals.  Some people like decel popping...I don't.  Tuned the popping out and all is good. 

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.